Warren Buffett disowns his granddaughter

NicoleBuffett.jpgWarren Buffett may not want to pass his fortune on to his family when he shuffles off his mortal coil and greets whatever fate awaits him in the afterlife, but while he’s alive he certainly wants to keep a tight reign on the lives of his family members. At least, that’s what his recent declaration disowning his granddaughter seems to imply.
As Page Six reports, in a letter to San Francisco artist Nicole Buffett, Warren wrote, “I have not emotionally or legally adopted you as a grandchild, nor have the rest of my family adopted you as a niece or a cousin.”
When asked for comment, a Warren representative went even harsher.

“Nicole is not Mr. Buffett’s granddaughter. She is the daughter of a former daughter-in-law of his who was married to his son for only about 10 years.”

So what got Nicole voted off Buffett Island? She participated in a follow-up to Jamie Johnson’s “Born Rich” about the lives of young people raised in wealthy families, and then went on Oprah to talk about it.
But Warren’s wrong, at least legally. Nobody chooses their parents but you also don’t get to choose your grandchildren. When your kids adopt, those adoptees become part of your family and potential heirs. When she was quite young, her mother married Warren Buffett’s son Peter, and Peter formally adopted her. If Warren, his wife and his immediate children died without a valid will, the estate laws of most states would give her whatever part of his fortune remained.
Buffet to Kin: You’re Fired! [Page Six; hattip: WallStFolly]

1. Posted by Shane | September 7, 2006 at 12:44 PM

She should have used some of the money for braces and to wash her hair. Good thing she’s an artist because she’s no masterpiece

2. Posted by John Carney | September 7, 2006 at 1:21 PM

Really? We … uhm, okay third person sounds weird here…so… I think she’s a cutie. Her smile is really nice.

3. Posted by Davis | September 7, 2006 at 2:41 PM

C’mon! She’s not bad looking. Buffett comes out of this thing looking like a real jerk…

4. Posted by Shane | September 7, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Ok, I’ll give you the good skin thing and I’ll take back the ugly thing but the hair has to go. I think Buffet disowned her because of the dreads, not because of anything she said. $200 million dreads

5. Posted by Davis | September 7, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Shane, she lives in San Fransisco… I don’t know if they allow anyone to enter The City without sporting at least a bit of the “homeless look”…

6. Posted by Mike | September 7, 2006 at 3:34 PM

Um, this has appeared to my knowledge nowhere but on Page Six of the NY Post. Doesn’t it seem at least a little possible to anyone here but me that, given the source, the story is at the very least a bit skewed?

7. Posted by me | September 8, 2006 at 7:38 PM

what a gay story

8. Posted by me | September 8, 2006 at 7:40 PM

this is what happens when anyone and their dog can create a webpage

9. Posted by karen | September 9, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Adoption records show that Nicole was adopted when she was 18 years old after her parent’s divorce. Anyone looking into what’s the real story here?

10. Posted by M.H. | October 4, 2006 at 1:24 PM

I knew Nicole and her twin Erica from the time they were in their early teens, watched them grow up, and last saw them at Peter’s wedding ten years ago. From what I remember they were close to their grandparents, especially grandmother Susan. Susan and Warren never cared much for their mother Mary, and were pleased when she split — perhaps they even engineered it to a certain extent. It was not a pretty time. Peter was an outstanding father to his adoptive daughters, whom he always treated as his own; he has no children. They’d get a Christmas present of a few hundred dollars, and never seemed materialistic. I’m sure Nicole and her sister will do fine. The criticism by Grandpa seems quite harsh, but may not be as out of character as one might guess.

11. Posted by herme | October 28, 2006 at 6:26 PM

I saw her on Oprah and I like the way she carries herself. If her personality and compassion for animals, the earth and our universe has the same disposition,
    I’d like to meet her.
    a fellow artist in So Cal.

12. Posted by pid | January 5, 2007 at 1:23 PM

First of all what wrong with locks not dreads!Dread is what the Britsh felt when they saw when they encountered run awaymaroon slaves in THE West indies.Thats were the term came from2.She is very attractive ,kind and well spoken.Buffet could share some of his fortune with her! She seems like she would do something that would be very positive with it.After all, whats he going to do take it to the grave?

13. Posted by Royston Vasey | January 5, 2007 at 3:05 PM

“Dreadlocks” is the feeling I got as a horny 16-year old schoolboy whenever I tried to sneak into the girls’ dormitory.

14. Posted by Eric | April 27, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Nicole is a friend of mine and I think that its good that she has her own style and does not have to fit the mold! And shane I can’t belive that you would accually have the nerve to say something about her like that! And I bet that your. Not the best looking lad yourself! :) Its people like you that have to make fun of other people just to make u feel good about urself!
    Eric

15. Posted by Ira Wortham | May 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Nicole and her twin sister Erica at a little restaurant in Oakland, CA this year. These two young women are no where full of themselves. They are very spiritually grounded, down-to-earth women. Their grandfather does not know what he is missing out on in not taking the opportunity to know them. His life would be very enriched if he takes the time.
    ILW – Glad to know them!

16. Posted by ILW | May 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM

ILW – Glad to know them!

17. Posted by ILW | May 26, 2007 at 4:57 PM

ILW – Glad to know them!

18. Posted by Knowledge of Wrong Doing | May 27, 2007 at 6:49 AM

I have knowledge of wrongdoing involving the transfer of Berkshire Hathaway shares from a Buffett to a third party’s account. I need to find the person. Please contact me.

19. Posted by lainie | July 23, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Nicole is a good hearted, true person. She was adored by her grandmother and the adoration was mutual. I think Nicole did this movie to show that not everyone is a vapid or shallow as the Paris HIltons of the world.
    Warren Buffett is very rich with money but piss poor in heart and soul. Nicole is his son’s legally adopted daughter and while the actual papers were not signed until the girls were 18, the girls have always been his daughters in his heart , where it matters.
    Warren Buffett is missing out on knowing an extraordinary human being. His loss.
    P.S. – @ shane – Nicole is absolutely GORGEOUS – inside and out.

20. Posted by Person that actually knows about Warren Buffet | September 8, 2007 at 10:13 PM

ok wtf is with all this talk about Warren Buffet acting like a jerk and having all that money? He only gives himself 100,000 in salary every year, he doesn’t live in a mansion, he drives himself, he is an incredible philanthropist, and he’s not going to divide his fortune into inheritances. I think a man like Mr Buffet knows what he’s doing and no one in their right minds would smear his reputation as simply as this article tries to do.

21. Posted by Anonymous | September 9, 2007 at 10:48 PM

“He only gives himself 100,000 in salary every year, he doesn’t live in a mansion, he drives himself, … and he’s not going to divide his fortune into inheritances.”
    In other words, he’s a jerk.

22. Posted by alice lake | November 3, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Knowledge of wrong doing. I may be the person that was the victim of this transfer please contact me.

23. Posted by J$ | November 4, 2007 at 8:01 AM

One of the most effective ways to spread the wealth is spending – eg. on a driver.
    Nicole is definitely a hottie.

24. Posted by natalia rad | December 29, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Nicole is one of the warmest, most altruistic and evolved people I have ever met.

25. Posted by guest | February 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM

We spend our lives teaching our kids that money isn’t everything and family is everything and he does something like this. We all need to remember when we were 20 something and the choices we made and now that we are older what we would do differently. It is not about her hair or teeth it is about who she is and personally her grandfather should appreciate the fact that he has grandchildren and be thankful for that blessing because they can be gone tomorrow. Life if to short!

26. Posted by guest | February 25, 2008 at 5:45 PM

you guys are idiots. so many comments about warrent buffet being selfish.
    do some homework. he is not giving his wealth to his family, nor is he keeping it.

27. Posted by guest | March 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM
  28. Posted by guest | March 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM

So, who is her biological father?

29. Posted by guest | August 14, 2008 at 11:39 PM

How the hell is it a great act of philanthropy to give your money to Mrs. Bill Gates who is even richer?
    The guy with the info regarding the BRKA/B shares should report this to the SEC if it is true. http://www.sec.gov
    You are all insane she is cute!
    Looking at Warren in a new light….

30. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Anyone who said Nicole isn’t attractive is a complete fool. Take a look at this girl, she is beautiful, and the dreads are a plus…

31. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

32. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

My mother’s father, now deceased, “disowned” her after divorcing her mother when she was a teen. As a child, it hurt that my own blood wanted nothing to do with me or my brothers. BUT now as an adult, I understand that this was HIS loss and I was really better off without his influence in my life.
    Maybe Ms. Warren is also better off without someone who is so callus that he would toss away family, blood or not, FAMILY is FAMILY. What goes around, comes around.

33. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:51 PM

34. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM

35. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:54 PM

36. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 4:57 PM

37. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

38. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 5:02 PM

39. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I might have been able to understand cutting her out of his will. That is his right. But saying that he never considered her his grandaughter, and that his family didn’t consider her family either, that is inhumanly cruel. In no uncertain terms, he told her he never loved her. You NEVER EVER say THAT to your FAMILY! No matter how angry you are. I can’t believe he even went so far as to speak for their entire family. This man has no true concept of what it means to be a family. Its just sickening. He obviously is not capable of true love. When you truly love someone you are not capable of saying such a thing and meaning it. There is just no excuse for that kind of behavior. Its the nature of family, children in particular, regardless of age, to embarrass, that’s not an unforgivable sin, its part of life!

40. Posted by VegasMike | December 17, 2008 at 5:04 PM

41. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:07 PM

some people amaze me what does her hair have to do with anything people quit being so shallow as for mr buffet his family knows it all and im sure they wont miss his iron hand rule when he dies and leaves them pennies on the million dont worry god doesnt pay his debts with money i for one think shes cute hair included

42. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Silence Says Everything.

43. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM

44. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Being a single mom having to stuggle for years to make ends meet not having family close by I feel for her. She had a relationship with her grandfather and it is now severed. That to me is heartbreaking!
    Years ago a friend said to me,”you are so busy taking care of your kids, who is taking care of you? With tears streaming down my face I said, “no one”.
    After my last child graduated from high school I went to visit my dad’s sisters, who I hardly knew. One of my aunts is married to a multi millionaire. Twice, when I have visited she has bought me clothes, a coach purse etc.. all of which I am truly grateful. Most of all I enjoyed are great talks on the beach and restaurants that we visited. Getting to know this side of my family was special and important to me. I learned things about my dad’s family tree that was very valuable.
    They have no idea how hard I have worked to make ends meet or what I have been through and I do not hold that against them. Most important is that I love my aunts and we always have a great time together and I cherish our relationship.
    This is not just about the money with Nichole it is about relationship. I am sure she felt abandoned by her grandfather. You can have all the money you want but without love you are a noisey GONG!! Some day God will say, “what have you done for me? When you did it to the least of these you did it for me”. Personally I am sick of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer!! Are you serving God or money because you cannot do both.
    Try feeding the homeless or a needy family sometime and see how wonderful it makes you feel. When you walk in with a bag of nice shoes and clothes and the ladies in rags get so excited and are extremely grateful. Serve a hot meal. They are blessed and so are you.
    Hats off to Nichole for having a career in art that she loves. I pray that her relationship with her grandfather gets restored because that is what life is all about.

45. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM

There are some very crazy things going on in this world, especially in this stupid country. I wish Nicole well, she should do well with all of this extra notoriety.
    Warren Buffett would do well to share his wealth with the poor and homeless etc.
    If he’s using so little he should give everyone in his family at least a million.
    The rich bastard!!!

46. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 5:46 PM

The rich bastard!!!

47. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Well actually she said in a recent interview that he is giving very sizable Christmas checks to his other grandchildren perhaps for behaving themselves. I really wonder if he would reacted in this same manner if one of his biological grandchildren did something like this. Of course anyone can be disowned. Warren can deny it all he wants but this girl and her sister are his grandchildren regardless if they are not blood related to him. As much as Mr. Buffet has been living modestly despite his wealth this really makes him look like a world class jack @zz. He suddenly questions this girl and her sister claim to his fortunate yet he paid 6 figures for her to attend an artschool? It is all too clear he treated her and her sister just like any other grandchildren prior to her doing this documentary. If I were Peter I would not even speak to Warren if he was not accepting of my children.

48. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Alas he will one day die and will have to face God about his treatment of his family. I agree if someone can just toss away family blood related or related via adoption that says a lot about that person. It would I agree have been one thing to have cut her from his will. But to act like he and the rest of the buffets never considered her true family when that is obviously a load of dog doo. Even more for him to speak for his other grandchildren and children on this only makes him look very pompous. Clearly his other family has seen what he cable is of and feel they should just mind their ps and q’s again he’s not going to live forever. Once he has passed they can work on bringing their family back together. Of course it’s a shame they don’t just stick it to him now but alas money is evil.

49. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

No one can know what really transpires in a relationship or why, but it seems that there was at least a perception of broken trust and a reaction to hurt feelings with words that were also hurtful. Money was only an object used to hurt each other. It’s none of my business, so my comments are only meant to share the feelings of someone who was adopted by a step-parent who had his own issues of insecurity (among other problems) and treated me terribly to remind me that I was not a “real” biological child worth loving. One can survive without money. Not having a family, is truly tragic and devastating.
    Children have no choice to whom they are born, or which adults choose to take responsibility for their care and upbringing. The most critical need a child has, is to belong. That’s emotional, not financial. Belonging to a family is necessary to survival which includes emotional attachment and development. It is sad when money is allowed to be a factor that threatens the bonds of family (however it came to be).
    It’s unfortunate that a child would feel the need to use public media to express feelings of hurt, and it’s tragic that the step-grandfather would feel the need to emotionally crush this young person’s sense of identity and self-esteem developed through the family bonds of the father that adopted her. Although both individuals showed, perhaps, a lapse of judgment in how they expressed their feelings about an issue, it is disappointing that the elder adult does not realize the great opportunity that he has to teach a young person the meaning of grace and maturity. This would have a much longer lasting and deeper impact than money ever would.
    Our society has become much too focused on money as though it was an actual person in our lives, and allow it to destroy relationships. Money is a thing, not a person. It cannot love or cause someone to feel loved. It only has the power that people give it. I suspect that the needs of these two individuals has nothing to do with having money or the withholding of money. If people could learn to talk about their relationship concerns without focusing on their fear of the money issue, they might be surprised at how much more personal growth and satisfaction can result from learning more from each other as people. Isn’t that what families are for?

50. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:22 PM

she is only able to make a living as an artist because of the Buffett name. Who cares if she is hot she is dumb as a box a rocks. Guess what happens when you shoot your mouth off at work you get fired. Know what happens when you are a trust fund baby and you shoot your mouth off?? You get fired. Poor little Nicole can’t live off $40k a year, lots of people do it with kids and real problems. Just another spoiled kid throwing a tantrum she can’t get her way. Its Warren’s money if he chooses not to give it to her its his right. Poor little angry Nicole, I notice her twin is very tight lipped so is her father.

51. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:36 PM

)))

52. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Because I deal with so many people who are coping with some aspect of foreclosure, I find it hard to relate to Nicole Buffett who clearly feels entitled. Having your education paid for along with other things paid for AND the fond memories you admit to having…that is a lot. That is so much more than some who never had those opportunities. That is so much more than those drowning in the pains caused by the stress of foreclosure. So focus on what you do have which is a lot.
    The name Buffett is a gift you were given along with your artistic training and God-given talent will help you to do very well for a lifetime. You are truly blessed.
    ……………………………………
    Marilyn D Pulliam is e-Moderator in Chicago for http://www.iLForeclosureSupport.com.
    Do you want tips to save your home? This blog is a welcomed place where families in foreclosure can go and get support/tips + ways to grow personally as the foundation to earn $ i.e. Millionaire Mind Intensive 3-day Seminar.
    Learn more and/or to REGISTER online use PRIORITY code: 591658
    ePreforeclosure Specialist Marilyn D Pulliam is owner of http://www.YourWealthDepot.com, which provides wealth-building tools. Marilyn also does her part in keeping IL home values high in so many communities by making her property list available online.
    As an investor do you need the convenience of online lists of the most currently available IL Auction, Probate, REO, Foreclosure properties and the ability to manage these listings online instead of endless copy/paste procedures?
    Go to: http://www.ilfls.com?a_aid=8aa60012 and get online lists of currently available homes + and earn big.

53. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 6:43 PM

New details!!!
    Sensation!!!

54. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM

wow. what an ungrateful girl. She was looking for a handout, and now she is on t.v. whining about not getting any money. Of course Buffet cut her off, she is a money grubber.

55. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

56. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

57. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

58. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

59. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

60. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I hope she (at least) washes her ass !

61. Posted by twinkletoe3160 | December 17, 2008 at 11:39 PM

=======> What an Ass

62. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Hey that is totally fucked up; why would a fuckin rich guy would not give their adopted money of inheritance. Is it because she is adopted, because she is an artist. So fuckin what she deserve the money whether he likes it or not.
    For I am going through the same thing with my parents; they may not be as rich as the buffets family but they have enough to take care of me. I am 24 with no job; and the only thing that is keeping me free is school.

63. Posted by guest | December 17, 2008 at 11:46 PM

If she did not earn it she is not entitled to the fortune, whether she was legally or emotionally adopted or not. She was lucky to get her education and living expenses all paid for by Warren Buffett, but after that she is on her own. If she decided to become a starving artist then that’s her choice and nobody’s else problem. If she does not have enough money as a result or insurance again that is nobody’s problem but her own. She had the choice to become a doctor, lawyer, business person and make more money of HER OWN to SPEND as she pleases, but she chose to be an artist, now deal with it and hope she shuts up about how Warren Buffett disowned her.

64. Posted by guest | December 18, 2008 at 1:47 AM

I’m sure Nicole is able to make a living as an artist because she is “gifted”. i.e. she was “gifted” over $100,000 tuition to a prestigious (and exclusive) art school.
    The reason Buffett disavowed her is because of her disrespect for him and ingratitude. Every single member of the Buffett family is well aware of the Buffett Family rule: do not publicly discuss family matters without first consulting the family, especially topics that touch on family money. We aren’t talking about silencing family members here. The rule is about two things:
    Decorum – it is very poor decorum to talk publicly about your family’s wealth, especially given the media’s penchant for sensationalism and exploiting public prejudices against the rich. There are a hundred ways for such comments to be misconstrued, misrepresented, or misinterpreted, and scores in the media who would be too glad to make that happen, no matter how carefully the comments are tendered to prevent it.
    Second opinions – sometimes we view things differently than someone else. And every now and again, when we consult others and receive input, we discover potential flaws, pitfalls, downsides, or risks that we had not previously considered. This helps prevent us from making jack-asses of ourselves or causing embarrassment to others.
    When you are going to talk about family matters in a public manner, family members who might be impacted ought to be consulted. I don’t feel its an unreasonable expectation or rule, but it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. Its the Buffett Family’s rule and the entire family respects it – except Nicole. And what did Nicole admit about her public comments? Yup. She admits her comments may have lended themselves to an interpretation she did not intend. Hence, the rule!
    The fact that Nicole just doesn’t get what she did wrong is quite remarkable. I would expect such a lack of sophistication from a teenager, but not 30 year-old. Buffett’s letter to her contains special insight, to which Nicole appears completely oblivious. In his letter to Nicole, Buffett warns her of the risk that people will express an interest in and judge her because of her connection to the Buffett Family, NOT because of an interest in Nicole as her own individual or person. IOW, people will try to use or exploit her connection to the Buffett Family for their own purposes. And that’s exactly what happened with her participation in Johnson’s film.
    When she appeared in those films and gave those public interviews, she was ‘starring’ as Warren Buffett’s grand-daughter, not as Nicole the Bay Area artist who attended a prestigious art school. If Johnson’s interest in Nicole had been on her own merits as an individual, the film would have been a profile of artists from the Bay Area, adult women with hair styles that are all the rage among high school students, or some other subject matter unrelated to her connection with the Buffett Family.
    Personally, I feel Buffett seriously overreacted by disavowing her, but there can be no doubt that Nicole flagrantly and knowingly crossed a well-known family boundary here, publicly thumbing her nose at the grandfather who had only shown her love and support.

65. Posted by guest | December 18, 2008 at 12:42 PM

All of this story, the Oprah appearance, the participation in “Born Rich”, are all cashing in on the fame and good reputation of Warren Buffett. Several other celebrity “rich kids” come to mind as living examples of preening for the cameras and attention.
    As an outside observer, keeping a lower profile would likely go a long way to repairing family relations.

66. Posted by guest | December 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I met the Buffett’s in San Francisco years ago. Peter and Mary seemed like a very nice couple in love and bringing up a family. I wouldn’t put it past Warren & Susie to engineer their break up, it is very sad that just because she didn’t come from money she wasn’t accepted, as far as I was concerned she had a great heart and taught her children the most important things in life ..to treat others with respect to have an open heart and to be wonderful loving human beings, that’s more than I can say for any of the Buffett’s. All they have done is give their kids foundations money, they are the biggest hypocrites around. Warren gives his kids and now the “good” (who tow the line) grand children money at Christmas. Read Snowball and see how horrible he speaks of the girls. If I were Mary I would be happy to be out of a family with so much pathology that they would interfere with peoples happiness, and I guess that’s what they are trying to do to two innocent people now. All they got from the girls was true love and this is what they get in return, It’s all about money, Warren is a greedy billionaire who does nothing to really help the world, just his image that is so phony it’s laughable. giving money to the Gates foundation and his kids foundations, why not try to solve some of the problem in the USA where he made all of his dirty cash. He’s a loser, and will die never knowing who really loved him. He won’t live forever know matter what he thinks.

67. Posted by guest | December 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM

68. Posted by guest | December 20, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I was surprised to see that this was a story from 2006 after reading virtually the same story of this again just this week where she was quoted again. I beleive one of the quotes said she is “barely surviving on $40,000 a year” and that she has no health insurance. Now, I realize that $40,000 a year is less in California than in other parts of the country, but she knows that so since she has some good customers..move where your cost of living is lower. If she is a great artist, then her clients will still want her work. Or she can stay. I was offended that she made it seem like her grandfather should be supplementing her. She wants to be an artist, great. Artists struggle. Everyone knows that including her. So Grandpa should have to make it easier for her? I don’t get it. How about growing up and being an adult? Get a 2nd job that supplements your income so you can afford health insurance…like the rest of us. It isn’t her money and it isn’t his responsibility to give it to her or anyone else in his family unless he chooses to. On a real perspective, if I went on Oprah or did the articles and stories/videos that she did and made some of the comments she did, I would expect that my parents or grandparents or whomever, would more than likely write me out of the will too. I would think that Mr. Buffet has enough people throwing daggers at him that aren’t family members. Rightfully so, it pissed him off and hurt him when someone in his family did. I am sure she is a lovely person. But I don’t feel sorry for her at all. I don’t want a dime of my parents money when they pass away, nor my grandparents nor do I want anything from them now. And for those of you who think Mr. Buffet is a jerk, do your homework. The man does an extraordinary amount of good with charities and so much more. And becoming the richest man can not be an easy and stress free task! At least that is my opinion….

69. Posted by Anonymus | April 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Ok, wait…”getting by on 40k”…???? Do you know you can be a single parent and raise 2 kids on a 40k salary??
    And she makes that on painting??? Where is all the hard work? I think you should at least show some effort before even hinting at claiming anything.
    Here’s a hint Nicole: Sell gum and coca cola door to door and invest some of your 40k on the market!
    By now you should of been a millionaire on your own.

Spoiled and lazy!

70. Posted by Warren Buffett rocks | May 21, 2010 at 11:42 PM

You really can’t expect some piece of artistic shit to get inheritance from a man who worked all his life. That’s not fair, Warren can do whatever he wants with HIS money, not DOLE it OUT to lame women who think they should get it just because they are “legally” adopted and whine about cable TV. Warren expects them to have a work ethic and not sip tea the whole day. Obviously Nicole’s mom married Peter for the money. Warren is a great man and he will continue to be. He has everything he needs. Adopted grand kids who bad-mouth are not in his agenda and will never be.

71. Posted by Jimmy | December 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Wow, this site really used to suck. Why did today’s write offs link to this?

72. Posted by Jimmy | December 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Wow, this site really used to suck. Why did today’s write offs link to this?

73. Posted by Jimmy | December 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Wow, this site really used to suck. Why did today’s write offs link to this?

74. Posted by Jimmy | December 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Wow, this site really used to suck. Why did today’s write offs link to this?

75. Posted by Jimmy | December 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Wow, this site really used to suck. Why did today’s write offs link to this?

76. Posted by janelex | January 20, 2011 at 2:11 AM

And how likely is it that Warren Buffett and/or his wife will die without a Will. If he doesn’t want this granddaughter to inherit, he will be sure she doesn’t. Intestacy is as unlikely as Warren leaving all his money to his children.

77. Posted by DIngleburger | January 29, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Not only does she show bad judgement going on a stupid show like that, she’s also got a bad nose job. If that’s the “after photo”, I’d hate to see “before”.

78. Posted by mark | December 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

sounds fair to be honest.

79. Posted by Sam | January 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

What a moron. He's the one that worships money, not her. It is evident by his actions.

80. Posted by Anastasia Beaverhousen | January 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM

So true Sam. He supports the likes of Jay-Z but yet can't find it within himself to even acknowledge her. To disown her and publicly separate her from his family is beyond cruel, all because she chose a different path? It's not like she is a criminal, drug abuser/seller, prostitute or a person destined to deviant behavior.

81. Posted by Wahawala | April 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

buy best chanel 2011 bags with low price

82. Posted by Senaida Pollnow | April 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Its like you examine my brain! You appear to know a great deal about this, like you wrote the book in it or a specific thing. I think that you could do with some pics to push the concept your home a tad, but aside from that, this really is awesome blog. An excellent learn. Ill without a doubt be back again.

83. Posted by Debra | August 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I had an ex-boyfriend who was adopted at birth by a well-to-do family and given everything he could ever want (his birth family was very poor). He always told me he would "inherit everything when his parents died." They even gave him a house on his 21st birthday. He was so certain that I was a gold-digger, only after "his money,' he used me like crazy, treating me more like an indentured servant than a girlfriend. Looks like he bet on the wrong horse, though. He now lives in a ratty trailer (after selling the house for 1/2 of what he could've gotten 2 yrs, prior) and I own a house worth 3 times as much as that dump ever was, a mile from the beach.
    You reap what you sow.

84. Posted by Cliffussy | September 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM

hwvhxraf [url=http://abercromfitchxpascher.webnode.fr/#2763]abercrombie pas chers[/url] wrlskmkm abercrombiep france hxllnhxo http://abercromfitchxpascher.webnode.fr/

85. Posted by Hal Roatch | September 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am as a result successful by myself identified that site page. One pretty much reported everyone only precisely what As i elected to help you take note to help you and even then some. Cool writing and even all the best once more designed for attaining the following very little toll!

86. Posted by piocoxist | October 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  87. Posted by Crycliscerela | October 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM

ybxfxpob [url=http://raphlaurensalesonline.co.uk/#58251]polo ralph lauren outlet[/url] hdeclt polo ralph lauren uk vzzcccqu http://raphlaurensalesonline.co.uk/ciilqkkl [url=http://vuittonsbagssalesonline.co.uk/#35273]louis vuitton bags[/url] eloiru louis vuitton uk ksrfuxcv http://vuittonsbagssalesonline.co.uk/

88. Posted by EnuffZorn | October 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM
  89. Posted by EnuffZorn | October 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  90. Posted by guild wars 2 gold | October 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a excellent job in this topic!

91. Posted by EnuffZorn | October 14, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  92. Posted by sorororkKnike | October 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  93. Posted by EnuffZorn | October 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  94. Posted by EnuffZorn | October 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM
  95. Posted by pollittr | March 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM

There are two sides to every story. Having said that though I do feel that, since he is worth about 46-billion bucks he could at least show some compassion and give her enough to have enough money so that she will never have to worry … and maybe even show her some "forgiveness" and bury the hatchet. Like the article says she is his granddaughter. Period.

96. Posted by Kathlynn | July 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Research what the content of the documentary and what she had to say before you take sides. Which really makes no sense since you have no personal connection to either of these people. Keep it in perspective people. She chose to bite the hand that fed her by criticizing it… that hand slapped back. You can't expect someone to want you as their heir if you don't agree with how they acquired their assets or you disparage their character.

97. Posted by Morgan | February 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I feel it is more on Buffet's son that she is not provided for. If people here were honest they would admit that if a child adopted someone else kid due to marriage and they never connect to the spouse or the child it would be hard to give a bunch of your assets to them…