Picture 20.pngAs previously mentioned, shortly after taking Ed Liddy’s job off his hands, new AIG head Robert Benmosche popped over to his Croatian villa for a little vacay. When could we expect Bobby back at the office some people wanted to know? Soon-ish! September 7th to be exact, as it’d be pretty ridiculous to come in right before Labor Day Weekend, when everyone is totally checked out anyway. Furthermore, he doesn’t actually need to be in the office to get shit done, Benmosche told Reuters yesterday in an interview from his home overlooking the Adriatic. He also discussed some other stuff (namely tips for chick slaying), which we’ll get into presently.
On working hard for the money, wherever, whenever:

“People criticise me for being on vacation. I actually started work a week before I was actually supposed to,” he said. “I do have conference calls every day, I have all my information sent here. I can work here as well as in the office in New York.”

On keeping him happy by making it rain, as he has offers of golden showers from a million other institutions coming out the ass:

The new AIG CEO is being paid more than his predecessor, Ed Liddy, who made just $1 a year. AIG said it will pay Benmosche $3 million in cash and $4 million in fully-vested stock. He also could receive a bonus valued as high as $3.5 million.
“It’s the bottom end of a competitive range,” he said, adding that he earned more previously and would be judged ultimately on his performance. “You still need to pay people competitively.”

On not being afraid anymore:

“We have the ability. I know that I am telling people we are allowed to,” he said. “What I don’t know is if people (employees) are willing to. A lot of them feel hurt, embarrassed, a lot of people have lived in fear because of what I call lynch mobs with pitchforks.”

And most importantly, on his bathrooms, and the bitches who love them:

He makes no apologies for his passion for Croatia, including his palatial villa with 12 bathrooms and his vineyards on the Peljesac Peninsula about a two hours drive north of Dubrovnik. Benmosche has no previous family links to Croatia; his ancestors hail from Lithuania and Poland. The room had an oversize wall-to-wall mirror, Jacuzzi, large glass-enclosed shower and plenty of natural light.
“Every bathroom is like a piece of art,” he said while showing off his master bathroom with his wife Denise. “Women go wild when they walk in here.”

Related: Area Man Threatens To Out-Toilet Stevie Cohen

1. Posted by AIG is screwed | August 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM

If he is still with his wife Denise, why does he own a pad with Lisa Weber in Florida.

2. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM

C’mon Bess nobody gives a sh$t about the dudes toilet…why the EFF is the stock up 100% in 2 days? Don’t make me go to Yahoo!

3. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

@2 seriously? is this your first time on DB? do you actually think Bess would ever write about why the EFF stock is up 100% in 2 days. moron.

4. Posted by Bess Levin | August 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM

@2 You seem to be confused as to what it is I do here.

5. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Stanford University and wealthy alums are big on comfortable bathrooms for special people, too. Really, if you turn out the lights it smells just the same, no?
    ~Croation Minister of Shit Houses

6. Posted by Benmosche | August 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

@2 go check Yahoo, and then stay there.

7. Posted by Valery Kogan | August 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM

not impressed.

8. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Don’t send him back here!!!! Please…!!!!
    ~Yahoo Finance

9. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM

big pussy went grey

10. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Sounds like a top guy to me.

11. Posted by SC | August 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM

how do you think I slay so many chicks? my good looks and charm? it’s the toilets.

12. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

**********************
    There is a great joke about how a natural gas trader makes his wife go wild. Bedroom curtains are a key part of the joke. The occupation of the trader can be changed to fit the circumstances.
    ~The Joke Briefer

13. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM

seriously? did AIG fire it’s PR dept? how did this thing get through?

14. Posted by steve cohen | August 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Every bathroom is like a piece of art,”
    finally, someone marries my two great loves: art and shitters.

15. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

@14 FTW

16. Posted by Investorcluzo | August 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

oh this is priceless…
    “I can work here as well as in the office in New York”
    I wonder what would happen if some MD told that to lloyd? separately but related: I wonder when his options will get priced? given the run in aig’s stock since he “started”, “gentle ben” qualifies to use the line “I don’t make money, I print it!”…will the pay czar feel some heat for that one?

17. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Bathrooms?
    A drunk, fomer bank employee chick staggered into a Catholic church and sat down in a confession box, saying nothing.
    The bewildered priest coughed to attract his attention, but still the man said nothing.
    The priest then knocked on the wall three times in a final attempt to get the man to speak.
    Finally, the drunk ex-banker chick replied, “No use knocking, friend, there’s no paper in this one either.”

18. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

BRAVO JOKE BRIEFER BRAVO!

19. Posted by valery kogan | August 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM

whatever, quantity over quality.

20. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM

@17…excellent joke but when you are cutting and pasting, double check the genders!

21. Posted by 4James2Cayne0 | August 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Cluzo,
    All you need is a bridge game and your blackberry. What could go wrong?

22. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

@20…@17 here….Yes…I got rid of the part of me that did that! Laid off those brain cells with beer.

23. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I just had a great idea for a work of art thanks to @14′s idea of “art and shitters” !!
    ~P. Rodin

24. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM

@20-
    I thought it was fine, as written.
    -DK

25. Posted by NakedShort | August 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Not sure if anyone saw this article. I hear next month theyll be doing a piece on “The Douchiest Financial Service Industry Designations” I am sure we can figure out the top two now.

26. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM

“Wearing flip-flops, khaki shorts and a green polo shirt, the new chief executive of bailed-out insurer American International Group Inc says he’s getting a lot of work done from his massive villa overlooking the Adriatic.” — Do HighBridge Polos come in green?

27. Posted by Perkins Maxwell | August 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Bess, please get Stevie to comment on the record here. He’s being out-loo’d left and right.

28. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

“The Brooklyn-born Benmosche goes for a four-mile (6 kilometer) walk every day, frequently checks mail and stock prices on the Internet, and gets an in-house massage several times a week.’
    How do you say “happy ending” in Croatian?

29. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Why does the first (uppermost) of his triple chins appear to be an unnaturally dark shade of red?
    -pfluger

30. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 1:08 PM

@28……with an extra $20.00 US…….

31. Posted by Anal_yst | August 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM

@11
    Oh please, don’t pretend like the zamboni didn’t have anything to do with it, or the sweet fleece

32. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Bernie used to “surprise” me all the time. I went with him once on a lark to a condom store. He bought a dayglo orange, ribbed french “tickler” thingy and when he went to pay for it, the clerk said, “That’ll be $4.96 with tax….”
    Bernie shot back, “What??? It doesn’t stay on by itself?!?!?”

33. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

My friend Nicky DePascali got a TV in his bathroom floor. Boom. Done.
    -CG

34. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM

@33 very good

35. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I got two words for you: Eddie Nash!

36. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM

what does FTW mean?
    -guy who doesn’t know acronyms

37. Posted by guest | August 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

@36 for the win

38. Posted by NakedShort | August 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM

@36 for future reference

39. [...] himself, he can do just as good a job remotely in Croatia, where he has grapes to tend to and the finest bathrooms money can buy to take advantage of as he can in lower Manhattan. Also? He’ll be damned if [...]

40. Posted by Letty Hagstrom | October 18, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Stereotypical corporate executive scum of the Earth – another fine example of people you will see in Hell….

41. Posted by rkhnknpk | April 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

8by4T5 imnfyaiobqrr, [url=http://vxhqopvekymu.com/]vxhqopvekymu[/url], [link=http://xohmqyasxjeq.com/]xohmqyasxjeq[/link], http://lziexxnbyzzc.com/

42. Posted by Bristol Airport Hotels | April 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM

xzBvVq Really enjoyed this post. Really Great.

43. Posted by Leann Steenberg | April 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I will be back although you update.

44. Posted by Extekelva | April 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

view hermes birkin at my estore hermes birkin , for special offer

45. Posted by Carlotta Gilhuly | May 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The spot is truly exciting for me personally.Thanks!

46. Posted by bsbblwptr | May 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

idi1Np sssjxagqlxyg, [url=http://cgxkypohzwup.com/]cgxkypohzwup[/url], [link=http://sjrigylthdrn.com/]sjrigylthdrn[/link], http://ydusaorfkuuw.com/

47. Posted by Eldora Brilhante | May 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Like a website proprietor I believe the fabric here’s truly wonderful. We regards on your initiatives. You should continue the very good function eternally ! Excellent luck. symphony

48. Posted by Vance Meshanko | May 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I’ll be seeking someone that want far more understanding

49. Posted by Liv | August 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Your posts is not designed ppeorrly. There are only three text links. Perhaps we do not ppeorrly understand each other. I’ve decided that you want to publish posts like this makes Agata. +2Was this answer helpful?

50. Posted by Aimeeh | August 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Ooohh you’re an August baby too?? Sama lah kita! :D But you get to go makan angin for your birthday. Aku makan REAL angin saja lah. Hahahah..PS: AL.Ting, kaiesn aku tengok luahan rasa wifey mu itew… :P

51. Posted by wfvvevbcanr | August 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM

tpZw1H eogtizrtvjgw

52. Posted by Improve Alexa traffic Rank | August 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Take pleasure in the distinct write-up, continue keeping about!

53. Posted by abwfbzkxlc | August 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Wgy228 lyysbweidbvi

54. Posted by Monty Hirz | August 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Excellent…preserve the actual goodwork!

55. Posted by weird shaped boobs | September 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM

For me it’s a wonderful a single

56. Posted by Silkroad Online | September 7, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Your current write up is really a superb label of that.

57. Posted by Patria Clavijo | September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

At the same time you could have a number of the many fantastic internet sites on my small blogroll.

58. Posted by uk marriage visa test | September 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Excellent answers my personal spouse! Generally admire your personal methods along with guide regarding this kind of.

59. Posted by Halley Bisking | September 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Thank you, this became really valuable. I think I’m just last but not least receiving my personal head around all this!

60. Posted by Ivette Sollers | September 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Really simple as well as extremely excellent manual

61. Posted by Ivana Goin | September 17, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Only stating many thanks won’t wind up becoming all you might have to, for this great quality inside the producing.

62. Posted by Antonio Berndt | September 17, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Visit my website moreover with each other with notify me your current watch.

63. Posted by crork | September 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

KxNyhm I am so grateful for your blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

64. Posted by editing | September 23, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I truly like your blog post and all the items you are going to do in addition to self-sufficiency

65. Posted by one buck resume | September 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I’m just let down I could just “thumbs-up” this page just the when.

66. Posted by Dorotha Kallhoff | September 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I take pleasure in your weblog post and a lot of varieties of the actual belongings you are doing with each other with self-sufficiency

67. Posted by nollywood | October 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I should produce a very good articles available on the market and that i actually believe your post Fits very best involved with it.

68. Posted by World of Warcraft GameCard kaufen | October 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I am reading your comments ought to and yes it appears like they are acquiring guidance

69. Posted by Stephan Doland | October 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I believe that is one of the such a lot significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. However should remark on few common issues, The website taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality great : D. Excellent task, cheers