Remember back in December, when it was reported that Bernie Madoff got the shit beat out him, sustaining “facial fractures, broken ribs and a collapsed lung”? At the time, prison officials wouldn’t say the injuries were a result of a brawl in the yard and Berns is no snitch, so he wouldn’t say anything either. Today sources on the inside have confirmed that yes, Ponzi boy’s face was rearranged by a fellow inmate who believed that Madoff owed him money. Here’s what else we know about the attacker.

Mr. Madoff’s assailant was a beefy man serving time for a drug conviction. The alleged assailant’s mother said in an interview her son had not mentioned any scuffle with Mr. Madoff but that he had been a body builder and held a black belt in Judo until he was injured in a shooting in 2002. While behind bars he has regained strength and gotten back into shape, she said.

Anyway, that’s all in the past. What has Bernie been up to of late? Giving out financial advice and watching Mel Gibson movies, mostly.

Mr. Madoff spends free time in the prison library on the weekends and often watches movies, including “Lethal Weapon,” according to the former inmate. He said he chatted with the admitted Ponzi schemer on Saturdays in the library and asked for financial advice: “He gave me ideas on my index funds.”

Mr. Madoff advised him to diversify, saying he should invest in funds that track the S&P 500 index of stocks “where my money would be on all the stocks instead of putting my eggs into one basket,” the former inmate said.

He said Mr. Madoff also warned him off of day trading. “I was trying to get into day trading and he’s like, ‘That’s not for you. That’s for individuals like me with millions to spare,’ ” he said.

1. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM

How beefy? Was he brown?

-Dennis Kneale

2. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Millions of what? Opportunities to enter him through the exit door?

3. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM

“…money would be on all the stocks instead of putting my eggs into one basket” – but I thought diversification was protection against ignorance?

“That’s for individuals like me with millions to spare” – UBS sucks

4. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Boogitty, Boogitty! Day 1 of the Tourney! Traders across the land go inattentive . . .

5. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

At least in prison, we had knife fights, and we had movie nights. And once, both. Those men did not enjoy Soapdish…

6. Posted by Bullshit | March 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Bess we all hope this guy dies and also appreciate the humor in him getting his ass kicked. However i do think healthcare is a relevant subject for this site. Looking forward to a post. Dont be shy…

7. Posted by Bullshit | March 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Bess we all hope this guy dies, we know he sucks and also appreciate the humor in him getting his ass kicked. However healthcare is a relevant subject for this site and it seems you are dodging it. Looking forward to a post. Dont be shy…

8. Posted by Irving Picard | March 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Where are those spare millions?

9. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

@6/7 don’t comment here again until you “get” BL/DB.

10. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM

“with millions to spare.” hah, good one.

11. Posted by Prisonpuss | March 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM

“Dat big guy knocked my teef out! He made me grow a goatee, too-Upside is my ass gets to heal”

12. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Squirrel Master: Back up Nasty Nate, this is my b*tch!

Nasty Nate: Better watch your back Fish! Squirrel Master ain’t gonna be there for you all the time. Next time I come for you, I’m gonna want some cocktail…FRUIT

Madoff: No. No. No! Devil Man! Devil 6-6-6, the mark of the beast! No! Naughty! Naughty jungle of love!

13. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

6/7 is that same dickhead with a new shtick.

14. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Good investment advice. Index funds… I could’ve not gone to jail and invested $1,000 with Sarah Benett for that. Thanks for nothing Madoff.

Inmate No. 61727-044

15. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Not even Chazzy G. would mess with the Squirrel Master.

16. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Anybody know what Ruthie is up to these days?

17. Posted by Pop-Pop gets a treat? | March 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM

@5 I guess you just need to know that world.

18. Posted by Inmate Investor | March 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Brown eyes pay big dividends.

19. Posted by Elie Weisel | March 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Why didn’t one of those shanks that we hear about all the time get used? I would use one if I could get into Butner.

20. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM

THERE IS ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!

21. Posted by Fuck you 9/13 | March 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I have been posting here since you were a thought in your mommy’s my pants. What is wrong with a post on healthcare? It seems more relevant then Tiger Woods.

Go back to your cubes.

22. Posted by shanked it left | March 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM

“sinking putts and nailing sluts!”

Tiger

23. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM

May your sphincter always blossom like a cherry tree in spring.

Confucius

24. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

NUTS 4 NUTS?

25. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Rumor has it the fight started when Bernie said small mouth bass fishing was for rednecks and trout fishing is for everyone else

26. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

At least Bernie tried to fight him off. I gave it up too easily when I was in the can. And then I started liking it too much.

A. Fastow

27. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM

So the guy who bashed Bernie is 1) serving time for a drug conviction and 2) believes Bernie owes him money? Ummm, doing the 2+2 here, I think Bess needs to get us the dish on Bernie’s pre-crash’n'burn drug habit. Like just how much of his Ponzi-scheming proceeds went up his nose (and the noses of his loser wife and two loser sons)?

28. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM

He became a prison bitch….ass raped by Jeff Skilling

29. Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2010 at 9:41 PM

He became a prison bitch….ass raped by Jeff Skilling

30. Posted by Weight Loss Programme | October 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I guess it was time for him to get that affectionate prison love. It really looks like he won;t be having such a great peaceful time after all.

31. Posted by oem software | May 3, 2012 at 8:42 AM

aCaeeQ Very neat post.Much thanks again. Much obliged.