So, okay. A new E*Trade commercial has that day-trading baby two-timing a couple of girl babies. The one who is supposed to be his girlfriend (weird?) wants to know where he was last night, and doesn’t buy that he got busy “diversifying [his] portfolio.” She suggests he was banging “that milk-a-holic Lindsay.” Said milk-a-holic, who sort of has red hair, then pops on the screen all indignantly. And Lindsay Lohan is claiming this is supposed to be her, and wants the spots pulled and $100 million.

Lohan’s lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, said the actress has the same single-name recognition as Oprah or Madonna. “Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit,” Ovadia said. “They used the name Lindsay,” Ovadia said. “They’re using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn’t they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody’s talking about it and saying it’s Lindsay Lohan.” Ovadia wants an injunction to force the spot off the air, and the Lindsay camp wants every last copy of the commercial.

On the one hand, sounds like someone’s being a little paranoid. On the other? Yeah, it’s definitely supposed to be her. And she does need the money.

54 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM

sluttttt

2. Posted by Mitch Cumstein | March 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Lindsay’s gotta tone down the crazy; regardless, it will forever move.

3. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

oh, that’s definitely her.

4. Posted by volatilitysmile | March 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

milk-a-what? She should be embarassed to have thought about it as anything else but free PR. After all, when was the last time Lindsay Lohan was associated with a man, or with drinking milk?

Oh, Lindsey, I have an alternative stream ready for you…

5. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

@2 too bad she looks nothing like that anymore.

6. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

@4 she hasn’t been a lesbian for months, actually.

7. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

“Why didn’t they use the name Susan?”

um…..

8. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM

@7 that was the best line.

9. Posted by Mitch Cumstein | March 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Agreed. And those freckles make her look like a Pollock painting, FWIW.

10. Posted by NakedShort | March 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I dont wanna sound like a queer or nothin’ but Freaky Friday was a kick ass movie.

11. Posted by realthing | March 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I suppose I could see the point and/or relevance if it was in a Coke ad

PS Please have your IT guys capped and replaced

12. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

diaper rash = fire crotch? somehow i do not think so

13. Posted by Anal_yst | March 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Uh, this lawsuit is just piggybacking on/adding to the free PR, plus, they might throw her a few dimes just to shut her the f*ck up (for now).

14. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM

@13 anal_yst- duh?

15. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Anal_yst, what are your thoughts on Ms. Lohan’s fire snatch?

16. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Does the carpet match the drapes, or is it hardwood floors throughout?

17. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM

@BL have you been hanging out at the Griffin residence? how do you know what KG’s kid looks like?

18. Posted by NakedShort | March 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM

@16 with redheads the carpet always matches the pubes

19. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Yeah, she’s a milk-a-holic, that is her problem. Or maybe another white substance.

20. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

@ 10- Oh, it was

21. Posted by volatilitysmile | March 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

@6 -ok, reading comprehension – how is not being associated with men equal to being a Portia deRossi? I could give you options to consider in between but NSFW (An egret or an equus being but two avenues).

22. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM

All this publicity for a shitty broker. What a waste.

23. Posted by volatilitysmile | March 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

@NS – Un site web génial, comme toujours. Bravo.

24. Posted by CoveredLong | March 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM

@19 – Flour, baking soda, whip cream, white chocolate, clouds, snow, socks, US President’s before Obama…sounds like she has a lot of problems.

25. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM

why didn’t they use the name Maria?

26. Posted by Hector | March 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM

@10
    too bad, you do sound like a homo

27. Posted by volatilitysmile | March 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM

@ 24 – you seem to be bang on with “s n o w”.

28. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM

And all this time I thought it was a play on former Piston’s guard Lindsey Hunter

29. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM

@26 – Suck my ass and fuck my dick!

-Ping

30. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

@24/CL whipped cream is definitely not something I’d call a “problem”, no matter how much she uses

31. Posted by NakedShort | March 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM

@VS. I enjoyed that link.

32. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

why didn’t they use the name ping?

33. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

@2…isn’t that britney on the right?

34. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I’d put a ring on it.

35. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I was out last weekend and heard someone order a round of Lindsay Lohan shots. A red headed slut with a splash of coke

36. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM

@36 I could go for one of those right about now.

37. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM
  38. Posted by guest | March 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

What.A.Slore.

39. Posted by HAM05 | March 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

haha whore babies

40. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM

35 is today’s winner

41. Posted by Joe Mac | March 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Dear Geek-Squad, thank you for your prompt response to my call. And yes, as soon as someone loses the clowns who got us into this cluster, we’ll go on the maintenance agreement.

42. Posted by Brilliant McDaddy | March 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Are they going to bring back the little brown baby to defend him? “If the diaper doesn’t fit …”

43. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM

i didn’t even realize lindsay lohan was still alive until this lawsuit

44. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 5:19 PM

who on her crew looked at a slutty baby who loves the white stuff and said “oh yeah thats definately Lindsey”

45. Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Who is this slut?
    Paris

46. Posted by StillNotNasser | March 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Why didn’t they use Susan?

Oerhans because Susan Boyle is new to the whole celebrity thing and might not have known that you’re supposed to sue for stupid reasons???

47. Posted by Ofcourse | March 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

An infamous redhead Hollywood girl makes a spoof date video calling herself a “shopoholic and alcoholic” and then an ad agency makes a superbowl commercial looking to create a huge buzz has a “milkaholic” RED haired baby that happens to be named Lindsay in it. Random name? puhleez. Random girl baby, don’t think so. The law suit, Dina’s idea, is ridiculous but many people saw the connection to Lindsay Lohan when it aired. It’s not about the name Lindsay, it’s about the context and characterization.

48. Posted by mikey | March 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM

this is ridiculous. Anthony Michael Hall isn’t suing E-Trade for using his baby likeness in the ad!

49. Posted by Susan | March 10, 2010 at 3:29 PM

how dare you dirty my name Ms. Ovadia. you will be hearing from my lawyers. I mean come on, just like my name Susan, there is no other Lindsay in the world, just this nutcase. And its not the Lindsay part that is the household name, its the pantiless alcoholic Lohan name that is the “household name” like Oprah.

/not really Susan, just making a point
    //Lohan is still a slut
    ///that is when she is not passed out from a bender

50. Posted by Doctor Christopher | March 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Oh my goodness. Lindsey, it is time to get a real job and become a human being. Personally, I found the Etrade ad disturbing on a number of fronts, and really folks, do you have to use sex and babies to sell stock trades? Just a tacky ad. But really Lindsy, they probably did use Lindsey intentionally, but should you perhaps look in the mirror and think, “Wow, I am now a by-word of addict and tart, maybe the something wrong isn’t ETRade its me.”

51. Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2010 at 3:03 PM

you anti-woman posters are fools

52. Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM

@4 – you are disgusting. Keep your sick head and penis in your pants

53. Posted by Pedro | October 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I have 50+ blogs in my RSS reader. Over 90% of them offer a full-feed RSS.I do read more blog posts than news items, with most news items gtneitg just a look at the headline. If that doesn’t interest me, I skip it. Blogs are similar, but I tend to read the majority of blog posts in my reader. I would say that I at least skim through 90% of blog posts, and I thoroughly read maybe half of those.If the blog does not have a full-feed RSS, I usually don’t subscribe. I have only a handful of sites in my reader that do not offer a full-feed. Of those that don’t offer a full-feed, I probably only go to the actual blog to read content 25% of the time.While it’s frustrating to not get visits to your website I frequently have more feed subscribers than I have daily visits to my blog those are readers you would not otherwise have. At least if they have you in their reader, you have a shot at gtneitg their attention. If you’re not in their reader, they are more likely to forget about you. It’s rare that I visit a blog (except for new blogs) that I am not also subscribed to in my reader. I may not visit as often, but I possibly wouldn’t visit at all if they are not in my reader and I forget about them!dcr’s last blog post..

54. Posted by icqrfsjwl | October 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM