• 26 Apr 2010 at 4:54 PM

Goldman Employees Ready to Fight

If you thought the SEC’s charges against Goldman Sachs would shake-up the tight-knit culture of the firm, think again. Apparently, they’ve only served to embolden bankers to work extra hard to do what they do best – make money.

The new team spirit comes on the eve of what will most likely be a torrent of bad press tomorrow as GS execs head to Washington for some political theater. We know Goldman employees have always guzzled their fair share of Kool-Aid, but these days the solidarity seems to be running extra high these days.

From The Daily Beast

“Everyone internal thinks it’s a big joke,” says one former Goldman employee,  “and are actually quite pissed that the SEC had the audacity to bring these charges and in an unprecedented manner.”

“If they served Kool-Aid inside of Goldman, it’s safe to say everyone would be drinking it,” says one senior New York attorney whose practice brings him into contact with many Goldman employees.

“It’s like the firm is full of Stepford bankers,” says one Goldman vice president

21 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by OptionTrader | April 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

What’s the obsession with everything GS does eh? You think these low level fucks have anything insightful to say? Look I’m a former Goldman employee and it was no different than any other trading job I’ve had…Fucking douche bags.

2. Posted by Dennis Kneale | April 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Happy to make them laugh hahaaha

3. Posted by Dennis Kneale | April 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Gotta say, Akitas – best companions I’ve ever backed into.

4. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

zach, throw in an extra “these day” for good luck

5. Posted by guest | April 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Hope earnestly the Goldman gets it shoved up the ass.

6. Posted by american bandersnatch | April 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Zach:
    Good post – I liked the way you added the Kool-Aid reference to make it your own and not just a cut and paste job.
    AB

7. Posted by JT | April 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Zach – that was not the best news story by Carney today. Try the fact that he helped break news that Deutsche Bank traders admit they also didn’t tell clients about Paulson picking subprime in the CDOs they sold.

Are you afraid to write about it because Buhl co-bylined the story. And well you know she kind of outed you for stealing scoops.

8. Posted by HeywoodJablome | April 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Fo sho, these days the solidarity is running extra high—these days.

Go fuck yourself Zachery or at least proof your shit.

9. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM

That’s actually a picture of 1Y Goldman analysts on initiation day. First task is a circle jerk in full football gear.

10. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I worked there. Same asshats as everywhere else but they force that culture crap hard when you start.

11. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM

It IS a huge joke and 100% political. Jerks.

12. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Why has the SEC forsaken the chosen people?! What kind of SEC is so cruel and arrogant? Why, why, why….

13. Posted by Seaman Bodine | April 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I lived next to an MD at GS (well, on the weekends). He had a black poodle. Once, I watched it lick it’s own balls, and I thought, “hmmm, you’d think they had enough money to have it serviced”.

Later, after I’d been forced to sell my place on Lake Waramaug, I wondered if maybe it’d been fixed. Don’t know how I felt about that, given the idea that a GS MD didn’t have a purebred worth breeding.

14. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Go fuck yourself, Kouwe.

15. Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

yes they are all for one another until someone falls asleep and finds a bayonet (figuratively of course) in their back from their huddlemate

16. Posted by Gozer | April 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I’m with OptionTrader. The douchery coming out of Goldman has reached an epic level. If you really are that into the brand it is likely you are a back end low level fuck clinging on to that sense of prestige because you couldn’t join an A-Team elsewhere.

Get a fucking life

17. Posted by WTF | April 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I don’t like GS. I don’t hate GS. I nothing GS.

Kouwe, on the other hand – your writing, I hate. Your writing might work somewhere else, without being consistently overshadowed by Bess’ work. However, by definition, that means it would also be a place where I’d never see it.

Win-win.

18. Posted by Anonymous | April 27, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Kouwe, I don’t know how you pronounce your name, but I’m thinking it’s koo-way.

As in go the hell koo-way and never come back.

19. Posted by Ron | April 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM

So I guess Bess finally had a talk with Zach Kouwe about deleting comments. I knew she would give him a licking when she found out he was trying to squash the vocies of the best commentors on dealbreaker.

As far as Carney and Buhl – that’s could be a dream team writing/reporting machine. If they’re printing I’m reading where ever it is.

20. Posted by John Gay | April 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Zach, you are pure shit.

21. Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM