• 27 May 2010 at 11:17 AM

Is Ken Lewis’s Wife Involved In A Pyramid Scheme?

That’s what some local Charlotte TV station is alleging, claiming that Donna Lewis has been working as a sales rep for FHTM, “a multi-level marketer recently fined as a pyramid scheme.” The wife of KL doesn’t deny working for the company but takes offense to the notion that anything illegal is going down. “It is truly not a pyramid,” Lewis said. “It’s helping people in this horrible economy make a living.”

Lady Lewis also added that despite reports to the contrary, her husband, who does have the time, is not working for the company. “He is not involved at all,” said Donna Lewis, adding, “If he thought it was wrong he would not let me be involved.” Not saying she’s guilty– and in fact this strikes us as more of the sort of thing Kathy Fuld would get caught up in– but I will note the Lewis’s have been looking to raise a little cash for some time now, and couch-bound KL isn’t exactly making it rain (though to be fair, the 10 cent refunds on bottles of Strawberry Hill really do add up so who knows).

“Pyramid scheme” recruits high profile sales reps [WCNC]

1. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM

He promised me he would leave her…

-Hooters Girl #31

2. Posted by MEME | May 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Recruiting your neighbors into a pyramid scheme is the new killin’ it.

3. Posted by Guy Ritchie | May 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM

quixstar HOLLA

4. Posted by client 9 | May 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

how many gallons of orange sherbert had to die for that news anchor to wear her precious jacket?

5. Posted by Anal_yst | May 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Vector Marketing FTL?

6. Posted by Bike | May 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM

What she’s not good enough for Amway, Kyani or Shaklee? I guess last weekend’s open-house at the Charlotte love nest was a bust.

7. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Who the sweet tap dancing Christ is Ken Lewis?

8. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

KL was just showing the missus how to do a repo around quarter end….

9. Posted by guest | May 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

10. Posted by Andrew | May 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Wow a lot of lawsuits and pyramid/ponzi schemes happening. Ken Lewis, his wife, Lehman suing Chase, Starr being arrested. Yeesh!

11. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Unless I am mistaken, Multi-Level Marketing is illegal in about 17 States…

12. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM

With KL losing his job and all, gf now has to pay the bills….

13. Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I’d hit it, but sista better be offering a handbridge.

14. Posted by Jeffrey Chiang | May 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM

of course she is. It’s people like Ken Lewis is what the sub-prime is in trouble.

ROR

15. Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

If they really need the cash, I say, “Hey Donna, you wanna…?”

16. Posted by www.wintercoolcool.org | August 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to exchange solutions with others, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.