- 11 May 2010 at 1:15 PM
Last night at the Robin Hood Foundation’s annual gala, Jimmy Fallon appeared on stage wearing a cowboy hat, and in a Southern accent, sang an original song entitled “Cougar Huntin’.” Apparently it was funny and references to the group of 40+ year old women who seek out younger men to use as their sex toys then became the go-to joke for the rest of the night.
Even JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, the gala’s co-chair, went with the flow before speaking to the audience about the need to support Robin Hood. “Jimmy Fallon, I know you’re hunting for a cougar, but I’m going home with one tonight — my wife who’s out there somewhere. So good luck in your hunting,” Dimon said.
I don’t think I have to tell you that 9 times out of 10 we wouldn’t even dream of questioning Jamie Dimon’s expertise on anything. But in this one instance, we must ask– when JD called his wife Judy a cougar, did he do so:
a) knowing exactly what a cougar is, i.e. making a “joke” that his leading lady hunts bars looking for younger dudes to bang
b) thinking it just means a 40+ year old hot woman (which you can see, Judy Dimon certainly is), the age of her conquest being irrelevant (J and J met at Harvard Business School and are presumably around-ish the same age)
c) implying that he’s much younger than his wife (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself, in all seriousness, “James Dimon doesn’t look a day over 30″)
d) you tell us
- Testing Jamie Dimon's Cougar Knowledge May 11, 2010
- Mike Corbat's Sales Pitch To Would-Be Junior Bankers For Joining Citi: You Can't All Work At Hedge Funds October 1, 2014
- Guy Who's Short Herbalife Says Guy Who's Long Herbalife Saying Guy Who's Short Herbalife Saying Herbalife Is A Fraud Is A Fraud Is A Fraud March 13, 2013
- SEC Charges Guy With Being Very Bad Roommate September 30, 2014
- Opening Bell: 10.01.14 October 1, 2014
- BofA Kinda Forgot That Structured Notes Mature September 30, 2014
- John Paulson Doesn’t Want To Run A Mutual Fund, But… October 1, 2014
- Heckling Carmelo Anthony Costs Financial Services Employee His Job, Clean Arrest Record, Sweet Corporate Seats: Lawsuit October 1, 2014
- Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Be A Feudal Lord Too, Damn It October 1, 2014
- Caption Contest Tuesday: Charlie Gasparino Will Take A Five Day Break From The Gym Before He Breaks Out A Swiffer Sweeper September 30, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com