- 11 May 2010 at 1:15 PM
Last night at the Robin Hood Foundation’s annual gala, Jimmy Fallon appeared on stage wearing a cowboy hat, and in a Southern accent, sang an original song entitled “Cougar Huntin’.” Apparently it was funny and references to the group of 40+ year old women who seek out younger men to use as their sex toys then became the go-to joke for the rest of the night.
Even JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, the gala’s co-chair, went with the flow before speaking to the audience about the need to support Robin Hood. “Jimmy Fallon, I know you’re hunting for a cougar, but I’m going home with one tonight — my wife who’s out there somewhere. So good luck in your hunting,” Dimon said.
I don’t think I have to tell you that 9 times out of 10 we wouldn’t even dream of questioning Jamie Dimon’s expertise on anything. But in this one instance, we must ask– when JD called his wife Judy a cougar, did he do so:
a) knowing exactly what a cougar is, i.e. making a “joke” that his leading lady hunts bars looking for younger dudes to bang
b) thinking it just means a 40+ year old hot woman (which you can see, Judy Dimon certainly is), the age of her conquest being irrelevant (J and J met at Harvard Business School and are presumably around-ish the same age)
c) implying that he’s much younger than his wife (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself, in all seriousness, “James Dimon doesn’t look a day over 30″)
d) you tell us
- Testing Jamie Dimon's Cougar Knowledge May 11, 2010
- Convicted Insider Trading Asks Judge To Delay Sentencing So He Can Enjoy The Pageantry Of B-School Graduation April 17, 2014
- Balyasny Asset Management Analyst Needs A Couple of Days Off In August April 17, 2014
- Marissa Mayer Wasn’t Crazy Enough To Give Former COO A $64 Million Severance Package For 15 Months of Work April 17, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Suggests NYTimes Sleep With One Eye Open April 16, 2014
- Banker Who Used TARP Funds To Buy Florida Condo Isn't Allowed To Be A Banker Anymore April 17, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Credit Suisse April 17, 2014
- Beacon Hill Driver Lets His Vanity Plate Talk For Him April 17, 2014
- Who Wants To Buy A Las Vegas Resort? April 16, 2014
- Rajat Gupta Has Checked His Calendar And June 17 Works For Him To Report To Prison April 17, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com