- 11 May 2010 at 1:15 PM
Last night at the Robin Hood Foundation’s annual gala, Jimmy Fallon appeared on stage wearing a cowboy hat, and in a Southern accent, sang an original song entitled “Cougar Huntin’.” Apparently it was funny and references to the group of 40+ year old women who seek out younger men to use as their sex toys then became the go-to joke for the rest of the night.
Even JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, the gala’s co-chair, went with the flow before speaking to the audience about the need to support Robin Hood. “Jimmy Fallon, I know you’re hunting for a cougar, but I’m going home with one tonight — my wife who’s out there somewhere. So good luck in your hunting,” Dimon said.
I don’t think I have to tell you that 9 times out of 10 we wouldn’t even dream of questioning Jamie Dimon’s expertise on anything. But in this one instance, we must ask– when JD called his wife Judy a cougar, did he do so:
a) knowing exactly what a cougar is, i.e. making a “joke” that his leading lady hunts bars looking for younger dudes to bang
b) thinking it just means a 40+ year old hot woman (which you can see, Judy Dimon certainly is), the age of her conquest being irrelevant (J and J met at Harvard Business School and are presumably around-ish the same age)
c) implying that he’s much younger than his wife (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself, in all seriousness, “James Dimon doesn’t look a day over 30″)
d) you tell us
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Christmas Comes Early At Casa De Falcone
- Sleep Where Ken Griffin (And The Soon-To-Be Ex-Mrs. Griffin) Hath Slept
- Opening Bell: 11.26.14
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Coming Soon: Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Part IV
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com