- 11 May 2010 at 1:15 PM
Last night at the Robin Hood Foundation’s annual gala, Jimmy Fallon appeared on stage wearing a cowboy hat, and in a Southern accent, sang an original song entitled “Cougar Huntin’.” Apparently it was funny and references to the group of 40+ year old women who seek out younger men to use as their sex toys then became the go-to joke for the rest of the night.
Even JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, the gala’s co-chair, went with the flow before speaking to the audience about the need to support Robin Hood. “Jimmy Fallon, I know you’re hunting for a cougar, but I’m going home with one tonight — my wife who’s out there somewhere. So good luck in your hunting,” Dimon said.
I don’t think I have to tell you that 9 times out of 10 we wouldn’t even dream of questioning Jamie Dimon’s expertise on anything. But in this one instance, we must ask– when JD called his wife Judy a cougar, did he do so:
a) knowing exactly what a cougar is, i.e. making a “joke” that his leading lady hunts bars looking for younger dudes to bang
b) thinking it just means a 40+ year old hot woman (which you can see, Judy Dimon certainly is), the age of her conquest being irrelevant (J and J met at Harvard Business School and are presumably around-ish the same age)
c) implying that he’s much younger than his wife (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself, in all seriousness, “James Dimon doesn’t look a day over 30″)
d) you tell us
- Testing Jamie Dimon's Cougar Knowledge May 11, 2010
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Bank of America September 16, 2014
- Wal-Mart Flack Should Thank His Lucky Stars Dan Loeb Doesn't Have A Position In WMT September 16, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.17.14 September 17, 2014
- This Wedding Season, Give The Gift Of BABA, AAPL, DNKN* September 16, 2014
- Brian Hunter Still Has $750K To His Name September 16, 2014
- Goldman Sachs: Teacher’s Pet September 16, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.16.14 September 16, 2014
- Hedge Fund To Olive Garden: You Wanna Make Some Real Money? Cut The Breadstick Bull Sh*t September 12, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com