I mean…

“Trading floor over here lost power temporarily (I think computers and phones only) for about ten minutes. Rumor is someone clogged a toilet on 7th floor and it leaked into some communications closet on 6th floor (trading). They haven’t confirmed but that seems to be the persistent belief.”

If only CNBC were broadcasting from there live today, Steve Liesman could confirm! (And maybe lend a hand. I don’t know why, but SL seems like a guy who travels with his own plunger.)

1. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Must have been one huge kouwe

2. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM

It was a Goldman released mouse who chewed through the server wires…

3. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Awesome ~@~

4. Posted by guest | May 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM

@2 the new building doesn’t have mice.

5. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Footage was captured of RBS’ head of trading confronting the rogue shitter. Skip to 5:37….

6. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM

so large works at rbs now?

7. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Bess – is it ok if I profess my love for you, right here in front of everyone?

8. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Haha. Wonder if they lost money. There was a nice dip in equities/crude around that time.

9. Posted by John Gay | May 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM

10 minutes? if this is true, just wow… right about now RBS’ electrician should feel as ashamed as Kouwe does every morning when he wakes up and looks in the mirror.

10. Posted by mrpink | May 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM

They forgot to pay their electric bill

-seiu con ed worker who had to take a dump before working

11. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:13 PM

That was my favorite rug. Atomic Kouwe attacks aren’t good for anybody.

-The Other Dude

12. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Phones are still down… sigh…

13. Posted by Skippy | May 20, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Liesman did it, he took a massive green shoot and clogged the toilet.

14. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Rumor is true – water leaked into the comm closet. Great design, architects.

15. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM

@14 are you serious? jesus. so much second hand embarrassment for the queen’s bitches right now.

16. Posted by guest | May 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Sorry guys, I dropped a watermelon in the crapper….

— G-Man

17. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Yuck, all that Kouwe must have fried some electrics.

18. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Here at Ameriprise something like that would never happen as we’re forbidden from doing #2 in the restroom – saves on water and the TP bill. Bess, you’ll be glad to know that despite today’s market action, things here at Ameriprise are totally unfazed. Case in point, I rang the bell today big time when I sold a massive VUL policy to some kid who needed one like a submarine needs a screen door, but that’s beside the point. I am really am feeling this Wall Street thing now, you might even call me a Big Swinging Dick around here. Oh, BTW the fellas here are even thinking about one of those crazy eating contests your always posting about. Who can man up and chew the most Chicklets and drink the most Fresca – AT THE SAME TIME! We are a fun group after all haha! Shit! here comes my manager – gotta go – cold calling clinc at 4pm sharp.

Ameriprise FA

19. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Liesman does look like Richard the plumber from Ask This Old House

20. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM

@15

Yes, I talk with one of their traders daily and that’s what he told me.

21. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM

fat finger more like fat turd

22. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM

yes fat turd from fat ass.. and its fat ass – by a nose..

23. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM

The rumor I’m hearing now was that the clog was actually a large yellow banana with a red condom on it.

24. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:39 PM

@23 shut up girlfriend!

25. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

RBS should now make it mandatory for all new hires to go through a one week regimen of:

26. Posted by OptionsTrader | May 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

@18 Genuis

27. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM

So I’m guessing our pitch and taste test with the VC guys on 7 about our new product called the “Burrito Muffin” earlier today won’t be taken in a good way?

~”Chi-chi” Tetas
    Creative Burritos Inc
    345 Foch Street
    Ft. Worth, TX 76104

28. Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM

The rumor I’m hearing now is that the clog was actually a well lubed, large ABN Amro “voodoo doll” with a red condom on it.

29. Posted by guest | May 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM

@26 Seconded. FTW!

30. Posted by guest | May 20, 2010 at 5:02 PM

at least they didn’t shit their pants when spx broke through the support levels. had enough stamina to run to the toilets. go brits!

31. Posted by Skippy | May 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

@18 You bring back a lot of repressed memories. Thanks.

32. Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I travel everywhere with a plunger since clogging the toilet with some of my best work during my first visit to my in-laws’ place.

33. Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2010 at 3:01 AM

i tried clogging the SWX shitters on a zurich visit once after a dodgy cheese fuelled lunch… but only managed to have an ass bursting explosion of watery goo.

just thought you needed to know that.

34. Posted by Bristol Airport Hotels | April 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM

jfKvs0 Thank you ever so for you blog.Thanks Again. Will read on…

35. Posted by Can I Claim PPI | April 26, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Great article.

36. Posted by Wanda Belman | September 5, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Well written, I concur with jake that keeping the form simple to fill is paramount. No an individual likes to waste unnecessary time keying in fields of rubbish.