News

Broker Caught Stealing From Clients Sentenced To Six Months Of Poker

Are you a money manager currently ripping off your clients or considering doing so in the near future? Are you of the opinion that, if caught, you wouldn’t do so well in the big house? Then here’s a free one: convince the judge you have a gambling addiction and he just might let you a) avoid time downtown and b) let you pay off your debts to society via card games.

In exchange for the plea, authorities are letting Samuel McMaster, Jr. stay out of prison if he can earn enough money playing in poker tournaments to repay his victims. He allegedly owes more than $400,000. Prosecutors say the deal is not a get out of jail free card. McMaster’s sentencing will be delayed for six months while he participates in tournaments. He must make payments of $7,500 a month. If he misses two payments he will face immediate sentencing of up to 12 years in prison.

[ABC via BI]

9 comments

9 Responses to “Broker Caught Stealing From Clients Sentenced To Six Months Of Poker”

1. Anonymous says:

I’m gonna rise up, I’m gonna to kick a little ass, I’m gonna to kick some ass in the U.S.A., gonna climb a mountain, gonna sew a flag, gonna fly on an eagle. I’m gonna kick some butt, I’m gonna drive a big truck, I’m gonna rule this world, I’m gonna kick some ass, I’m gonna rise up, I’m gonna kick a little ass. ROCK, FLAG, and EAGLE!!

2. His luck is bound to turn around now.

3. DJ LIBOR says:

who is this judge and where was he when chris hansen caught me drinking sweet tea in the kitchen with a 13 yr old from memphis

4. Anonymouse says:

Judge must have been a WS trader/hr exec at some point in his life. Guy blows up and is given another chance to make it big doing… exactly the same thing that made him blow up.

5. Teddy KGB says:

He beat me…Straight up…Pay him…Pay that man his money.

6. Anonymous says:

This will make an awesome ashton kutcher movie.

7. Anonymous says:

I picture this ending in a very “boogie nights” downward spiral scene montage, with McMaster, Jr. playing the role of Colonel James in the jaillhouse sequence…

– another dude that wants more Soviet Russia jokes

8. Anonymous says:

Debts to society are the fucking rake

9. Anonymous says:

In Soviet Russia, gambling has addiction to you!

Our Sites