Who wants a nice ski lodge? Anybody interested in a place on the beach? Today’s your lucky day.

As this is the best time in 50 years to buy homes, Paulson advised a group at New York’s University Club, crowded into 3 separate dining rooms, to issue 30 year mortgages to buy a home as “your debt and interest payments get locked in at record lows, while the price of your home will rise.”

“If you don’t own a home buy one,” Paulson recommended. “If you own one home, buy another one, and if you own two homes buy a third and lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”

John Paulson: Sell Bonds; Buy Stocks; Double Digit Inflation Coming [Forbes via Portfolio]

1. Posted by confusion ins the nki | September 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

talking your own book is the nki? ot is that the oki?

2. Posted by Guest | September 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Is this what I’m supposed to do with my bonus?

3. Posted by Guest | September 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Bess you can suck my dick as your bonus

4. Posted by Mathman Prophecy | September 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Paulson thinks yields going to stay low forever AND we get inflation? What a douche.

5. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I’m guessing that’s not something she’d consider a bonus, needle-dick.

6. Posted by Rho to Gamma | September 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I’m sorry, did I land in 2004 – 2006 again? Homes always increase in value, they never deflate….

7. Posted by Rho to Gamma | September 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM

8. Posted by I am the NKI | September 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM

he also bought PMI which is a smoldering shitbox with bullshit accounting and a business model that has no future. stick to jumping on other peoples trades JP.

9. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I was thinking of buying the city of Detroit…certainly it will appreciate over the next few years, right? It’s what the models say. Trust the models. They never let us down.

10. Posted by Rho to Gamma | September 28, 2010 at 8:46 PM

The day that the world turns trash into energy is the day Detroit becomes the wealthest city in the world.

11. Posted by indridcold | September 28, 2010 at 8:55 PM

3 whole dining rooms filled with people with their pants pulled down!? are there any pics to this article?

12. Posted by Anal_yst | September 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Hasn’t CNBC been hawking a program that purports to tell us that’s exactly what happens with trash?

13. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM

By trash do you mean garbage, or the “white” variety? Either way would work, I suppose.

14. Posted by Rho 2 Gamma | September 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Touche

15. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I wouldn’t want the responsibility of being the first person you ever caught a blow job from.

16. Posted by Guestemeritus | September 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I imagine that act would be like a whale sucking on a Tic-Tac, dumbass.

17. Posted by Guestemeritus | September 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I imagine that act would be like a whale sucking on a Tic-Tac, dumbass.

18. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM

buying real estate in a depression always works out well!!

19. Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

paulson had that great short trade on banks with a little help from friends a few years back but he is like the guy in a casino who hits big and keeps playing for some reason .winds up not only giving it all back but losing his own money to!

20. Posted by Bourbon_chiklets | September 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

and YOU get a house, and YOU get a house – a house for YOU and YOU and YOU!!! #PaulsonisOprah

21. Posted by Guest | September 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Don’t you mean the first female?
    –Guy who loves yelling “What was his name??” after asking people if they remember their first bj.

22. Posted by Guesticle | September 29, 2010 at 12:44 AM

A guy walks into a bar and sits down. “bartender!” he yells, “give me a shot of Jack!”. The bartender does, he slams it. He shudders. He pounds the bar and yells “give me nine more! Right now!”. The bartender lines them up, the dude takes a deep
    Breath and slams them, one after another.
    The bartender watches and says “hey, buddy, mind if I ask why you’re drinking so hard?”
    Guy says “well, since you asked, I’m celebrating my first blow job.”
    bartender says “congratulations! Let me buy you one on the house!”
    Dude says “no, thanks. If ten doesn’t get rid of the taste, eleven won’t help.”

23. Posted by ChipChipperson | September 29, 2010 at 1:07 AM

So I take it you are a pitcher, Bess?

24. Posted by ExtraOrdinaryPopularDelusions | September 29, 2010 at 4:49 AM

I’m not really sure what your argument is here. That high yields cause inflation? That low yield don’t? That you’re an illiterate fucking idiot?

25. Posted by ExtraOrdinaryPopularDelusions | September 29, 2010 at 4:52 AM

“I put a house in your house, so you can go broke while you go broke.”

-guy who actually agrees with Paulson on these matters, thinks you’d have to be an idiot to disagree with the fundamental argument, and fucking hates memes despite the evidence above

26. Posted by ExtraOrdinaryPopularDelusions | September 29, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Don’t be intimidated. Perhaps you remind him of his mother?

27. Posted by Lewis Winthorpe III | September 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM

I don’t disagree with him overall but I think it is premature to be definitively calling double-digit inflation while simultaneously holding (essentially) double-digit unemployment, and that’s not counting the underemployed and the discouraged. We’re not even close to full GDP so inflation much higher than 5% might be a stretch.

-guy who couldn’t sleep and checked up on what he missed this afternoon on dealbreaker, amongst other sites

28. Posted by Bourbon_chiklets | September 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I absolutely disagree with him. I think he is a fucking hack, a one-hit wonder that is clueless what to do now that he has too much capital and a giant spotlight on him. He was a shitty, mediocre-at-best long/short manager before he got lucky in the right place at the right time.

There is no sensible analysis that he could conduct now, conducted similarly to what was done to lead to his “UBER OMG SHORT” thesis, that would lead to the conclusions he is espousing now. He got lucky. Flat out. I have said this for 9-10 months now and will continue to say so.

That being said…his net worth has like ten zeroes and mine is like…two.

29. Posted by Intellectual Masturbator | November 19, 2010 at 11:49 PM

In Soviet Russia, memes hate you.

–Guy who hates mimes

30. Posted by Seda | May 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Another factor was ciedrt card debt people refinanced their homes to pay off their ciedrt cards, then found themselves stuck with house payments AND ciedrt card bills they couldn’t pay.But don’t forget the war. The Romans had to tax their citizens to raise funds to go to war.If Bush had had to raise taxes to pay for the war, the public would have been against the war, so he just borrowed from the international bankers to make people think it was a free war.The collapse is the cost.

31. Posted by vbjqcup | May 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

MmoA84 bkhicmuocsuy

32. Posted by opbyknse | May 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

kXyxBl , [url=http://zknreuhzmour.com/]zknreuhzmour[/url], [link=http://ffohdkvkfzjg.com/]ffohdkvkfzjg[/link], http://egjfywbfnpya.com/

33. Posted by ujcdqiyn | May 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

lZogmV wxpgbqcntvtz

34. Posted by cheap bookmarking service | September 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

FtFOQM wow, awesome blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

35. Posted by guild wars 2 gold | September 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hi my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all important infos. Iˇd like to see extra posts like this .

36. Posted by red bottom boots | September 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM

This post is invaluable. When can I find out more?