- 29 Sep 2010 at 5:48 PM
In a roughly 45-minute investor call on Wednesday, Falcone was critical of news stories that have characterized the New York hedge fund’s nearly $3 billion investment in an upstart mobile broadband company as a risky gamble, said three people who listened to the morning investor call. Falcone also expressed dismay that some investors had been talking to reporters and he urged his wealthy clients to stop doing so. “He started off by talking about the press, saying they don’t have the facts straight and that he was upset with investors for leaking info,” said a person who listened on the call. This person added that the 48-year-old billionaire hedge fund manager sounded defensive at times and fielded no questions from investors. “The good news,” he said in an email exchange with Reuters, “we actually are making money this month. Yes, we are turning it around.” [Reuters]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com