Breaking: Women Who Date Wall Streeters For Their Money Still Exist

They’ve survived the recession.

One was spotted by a reporter on the Acela last night, who recounted the sighting to a colleague this morning.

Oh so last night I’m on the train, and the girl across from me has like, a Macbook Air, and I just got a Macbook Air. (My laptop melted.)…and she starts listening to music with those earphones where everyone in a 300-foot radius can totally groove to whatever you’re listening to and she was listening to Katy Perry which I would never do. But anyway, the point is, she told me about her boyfriend, who is 27 and works at a hedge fund and who makes, she estimated unsolicitedly, at least two million dollars a year.

[via BI]

39 Responses to “Breaking: Women Who Date Wall Streeters For Their Money Still Exist”

1. Tyler says:

Before you met me
    I was just broke
    But things got kinda heavy
    You gave me the high life
    Now every February
    You’ll say it’s bonus time, bonus time

2. guest says:

Acela is still Amtrak.
    Wonder what the BF was us to over the weekend while she was, like, riding the train.

3. trojan says:

2mm gets you a choo-choo ticket?

4. Aryrd says:

5. MartyMcFly says:

6. Guest says:

Well of course. How do you think Roubini gets laid.

7. Guest says:

since when does Roubini work on wall street?

8. Supraman says:

NY->DC Acela aka: The Dupre Express.

9. Rho2Gamma says:

I know this girl that started dating the guy named Phil, and they were flat broke together. Now he is making sooo much money, he has to take out loans to pay taxes.

10. Guest says:

This would have been a way, way more interesting story (and deserving of 4 flashing lights) had both girls popped off a couple of Four Loco’s each and started making out to “I Kissed a Girl”

11. Anonymous says:

Ha so she tells some one about the mac book air I bought her but not the free anal bleaching sessions at the spa? That is so like her.

12. Guest says:

Something was lost in translation.

27 yr old boyfriend = 45 yr old married guy with kids
    Hedge Fund = David Lerner & Associates
    $2 million comp = $2 million AUM before Lehman filed

13. fashionmeetsfinance says:

That girl was me. I’m at least an 8, and he lets me use his chase debit card any time I want.

14. Anonymous says:

Wasn’t he actually too cheap to put her on the Acela? Thought he bought her a ticket on the local or something.

15. Guest says:

Something was lost in translation.

27 yr old boyfriend = stock broker w Jersey accent
    Hedge Fund = Guerreiro Wealth
    $2 million comp = $2 million AUM in variable annuities

16. Guest says:

So why’s she on the train?

17. Guest says:

Something was lost in translation.

27 yr old boyfriend = single
    Hedge Fund = OffTheTop Landscaping
    $2 million comp = 2 million trident layers

18. Anonymous says:

I don’t think you understand what the sirens are intended to convey.

19. Nyrebel2003 says:

When this guy she is dating settles down, it won’t be with her because she is putting all his business on the street. If he is making that type of paper, why is she telling this to strangers? This chick on the train smells like a side-piece.

20. tranche monkey says:

by walking into a wall

21. Guesty Guest says:

I want to get paid in gum!

22. wsjevons says:

Something tells me she met him her current BF on a different type of train.

23. Doc says:

I dig the “Drudge” sirens. Thx Bess.

24. Lewis Winthorpe III says:

Something was lost in translation.

27 yr old boyfriend = 42 yr old married man “but he’s leaving her next year”
    Hedge Fund = Big Four Auditor of Guerreiro Wealth
    $2 million comp = he makes more than I do at my $40k PR job

25. Jimmy says:

I had a couple of Four Loko’s this weekend while watching Casual Fridays on DVD. Beats riding the train.

26. Pink Lada says:

Recession proof whores. Nice.

27. guest says:

and so does Bolt Bus. but why would you want to go to either Philly or Baltimore?

28. Hedgie says:

wait a min … Train? Hedge fund bf? lost me already

29. Anonymous says:

Who t f talks about stuff like this to a stranger on a train anyway?

30. Guest says:

$2m comp = hopefully sexing better tail than airhead paralegals (i.e. immature junior college drop outs)

31. yL4Bml Im obliged for the article. Great.

32. DzagsO I truly appreciate this blog post.Much thanks again.

33. crork says:

ACeKg7 Really enjoyed this blog.Really thank you! Cool.

34. Spenueseime says:

There exists a fresh invention that everyone who smokes really should find out about. It is termed the electric cigarette, often known as a smokeless cigarette or [url= ] [/url] , and it can be changing the lawful panorama for cigarette smokers across the globe.

The patented Ecigarette presents to proficiently simulate the practical experience of using tobacco an genuine cigarette, with out any on the wellbeing or lawful challenges encompassing traditional cigarettes.

When E-cigarettes glance, really feel and taste similar to regular cigarettes, they purpose quite in different ways. The thing is, e cigs never truly burn any tobacco, but alternatively, any time you inhale from an e-cigarette, you activate a “flow censor” which releases a water vapor containing nicotine, propylene glycol, in addition to a scent that simulates the flavour of tobacco. All of which simply just implies that e cigs allow you to get your nicotine fix while steering clear of all the most cancers creating agents found in regular cigarettes this sort of as tar, glue, a huge selection of additives, and hydrocarbons.

In addition to being healthier than common cigarettes, and maybe most significantly of all, will be the indisputable fact that e cigarettes are entirely legal. Since E cigarettes don’t involve tobacco, you may legally smoke them everywhere that regular cigarettes are prohibited these kinds of as bars, restaurants, the perform spot, even on airplanes. Moreover, electronic cigarettes assist you to smoke without any fears of inflicting damage on some others due to terrible 2nd hand smoke.

The refillable cartridges are available a large number of flavors in addition to nicotine strengths. You could get common, menthol, even apple and strawberry flavored cartridges and nicotine strengths are available extensive, medium, gentle, and none. Though e-cigarettes are technically a “smoking alternative” rather than a cigarette smoking cessation device, the vary of nicotine strengths presents some evident potential being an aid during the types attempts to give up smoking cigarettes and appears to be to be proving preferred within just that current market.

The nice detail about e-cigarettes as apposed to state, nicotine patches, is usually that e-cigarettes generate the same tactile sensation and oral fixation that people who smoke desire, even though gratifying kinds tobacco cravings also. After you acquire a drag from n electric cigarette you truly truly feel the your lungs fill by using a warm tobacco flavored smoke and any time you exhale the smoke billows outside of your lungs the same as frequent smoking, on the other hand, as described, that smoke is definitely a a lot more healthy water vapor that swiftly evaporates and so doesn’t offend any one within the instant vicinity.

Even though e cigs have already been close to for a while in different incarnations, it has been current developments while in the technology as well as at any time growing limitations versus cigarette smoking that have propelled the e-cigarette into a new uncovered level of popularity. Should you be serious about a more healthy alternate to using tobacco, or when you simply just choose to provide the freedom to smoke anywhere and any time you want, an ecigarette may very well be the solution you’ve got been trying to find.