• 02 Nov 2010 at 3:38 PM

George Soros Is Long Female Condoms

Today the Journal‘s Marketbeat blog brings us the news and the ensuing visual that “after a bit of buying on Oct. 21, [Soros Fund Management] reported a 1.3 million share, or 5.1%, stake in The Female Health Co., a manufacturer of female condoms.”

Personally, never have I ever heard of a single person who’s even once used a female condom, even as a joke, but leave it to the Don Juan of the hedge fund world to be consistently ahead of the sexual trends curve. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find another manager who would do the sort of in-depth research and analysis of a large enough sample size to reveal these findings. Investors should feel comforted knowing that they’re not just paying Mr. Soros 3 and 50 to screw around all day.

1. Posted by Ping | November 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I wish I had known about these. I wouldn’t have had to spend so much time trying to remove ink from my anus.

2. Posted by Anon | November 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM

dirty bird

3. Posted by Shawn_Kemp | November 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I am now also long female condoms. And condoms in general, really.

4. Posted by Not Kidding | November 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM

OK all – be honest. Who besides me had to go a-googling to figure our what the hell a “female condom” even is?

5. Posted by Anon | November 2, 2010 at 7:53 PM

It’s a sandwich bag right?

6. Posted by jorge | November 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

just you.

7. Posted by Cramer | November 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Any idea what he thinks about the Dental Dam?

8. Posted by Not Kidding | November 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Oh. Damn.

9. Posted by J. Cramer | November 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I prefer using Saran Wrap.

10. Posted by Guest | November 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM

bess you don’t know anyone who uses them because you don’t know any black african women getting raped or having sex with men who beat them for suggesting they wear a rubber. think.

11. Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Whoa Nelly! Are you speaking from experience?

- guy who normally thinks that commenters who defend Bess are tools

12. Posted by xel | November 2, 2010 at 10:54 PM

so women have bananas and other elongated objects to practice putting on a male condom on their partners, what are men going to practice on to master the use of a female condom in sex ed classes…

13. Posted by Paris Hilton's thong | November 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

pickle down a hallway long, let me tell ya.

14. Posted by Guest | November 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM

condoms are for sailors.

-SC

15. Posted by NakedShort | November 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I was long Pull & Pray (Nasdaq: DUMB) in college. Highly volitale but never had a losing trade.

16. Posted by Pink Lada | November 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM

George has nutin to do with this. It’s the handy work of his employeeeees who have more of a hormone reserve.

17. Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM

George got that tip from me

18. Posted by Motives Examined | November 2, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Does this happen to white african women too?

19. Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Hi, thanks. I am aware of that phenomenon. I am sorry for not touching on it in this post.

20. Posted by Falcon Henne | November 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Ladies, don’t be fooled. Next thing you know, you’re sky high in a box, and the police are chasing after you.

Falcon Henne
    Fooled Me Once, Nevada

21. Posted by Richard Cripples | November 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

That trade ruined a lot of other people. Did you ever look into the less volatile, but still rewarding Butt It or Gut It (Nasdaq: DRTY)?

22. Posted by Dixie Normous | November 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM

This is the only context in which “George Soros”, “condom”, and “long” could occur in the same sentence.