Early last week, Glenn Beck devoted an episode of his show to revealing some “scary” “secrets” about George Soros that included revelations such as, the name Soros? Not the one Jorge was born with, which was “George Schwartz.” And the bombs didn’t stop there. Beck also informed his audience that Soros started the Quantum fund “to attack currencies across the world,” that “he’s waged a war against capitalism,” and that his next target? “Is us. America.” Points were made and dots were connected. Last night Jon Stewart soaked it all in and you know what? He thinks Beck might be right.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
George Soros Plans to Overthrow America
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor Rally to Restore Sanity

[TDS via Gawker]

55 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Risk Manager | November 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Glenn Beck’s version was more entertaining. After all, using puppets is how we get through the risk committee at AIG.

-Guy who thinks using puppets is the best way to explain complex issues

2. Posted by trojan | November 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM

hey you should use those puppets to explain quantitative easing!

3. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Finger puppets or full hand?

4. Posted by Crazy Crazy Crazy | November 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I HEARD THAT GEORGE SOROS INJECTED HIMSELF WITH A STRAIN OF AIDS, AND NOW HE BREAKS INTO HOUSES AND THROWS HIS BLOOD ON YOU A LA BOB.

5. Posted by Shallow Thinker | November 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Anyone who doesn’t think that Bess’ journalistic instincts are razor sharp, look above and find your necessary proof.

- Guy who thinks she left out a third type.

6. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

scary, soros spelled backwards is soros…yikes!

7. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Cue the loonies in 3… 2… 1…

8. Posted by Gross | November 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Gross Bess, nobody fingers a puppet. Unless of course you’re explaining to the special victims unit what a certain friend of Jimmy Cayne’s did to you after his massage.

9. Posted by Not a Republican | November 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Jon Stewart is a smug moron.

10. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Perma: pls step back away from the keyboard. If you type it, they will come and I haven’t fully recovered from the last Last BofB onslaught.

11. Posted by Aaron Chan | November 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

There is your explanation

12. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM

pmco: Perhaps I have a sick sense of humour but I thought that whole thing was rather funny.

13. Posted by Apathetic | November 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

The only thing funnier than Glenn Beck’s fear and paranoia of liberals is Jon Stewart’s fear and paranoia of conservatives

14. Posted by Guy who spells shit backwards | November 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I know!! Racecar spelled backwards is racecar.

soros is racecar, racecar is soros..omfg

15. Posted by bman | November 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM
  16. Posted by Guy With Chancroid | November 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM

He also rubs his chanroid on your children while he throws his aids on you

17. Posted by Rho2Gamma | November 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

misterjukebox.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/rhcp_socks.jpg

18. Posted by Pinnochio | November 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I know – I’m feeling left out!

19. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM

It’s actually kind of entertaining to watch Beck followers (read: america’s retardeds) and Stewart’s hipster tree huggers unite against wall street fatcats.

It’s gonna be all fun and games till they find out Stewart’s real name is Leibowitz…

20. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM

21. Posted by LastBastionOfTrannies | November 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

FATCATS, BANKSTERS, WALL ST GOLDSTERS! I seduce myself in a candle lit bathtub blasting Wilson Phillips hits shouting these things

22. Posted by Deep Throat | November 19, 2010 at 6:47 PM

If you take soros’ name GSOROS and add the exact amount of money Soros owns 13,251,222,257 (13 25 12 22 25 7) in the alphabet you get, that’s right: TRANNY… ‘nough said

23. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 6:55 PM

too scared to click…

24. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Of course– you’re just a gentle, shy, delicate creature– like a flower…

25. Posted by Curious | November 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM

What are you up for?

26. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Thx Perma. And you are a gentleman and a scholar. xoxo

Gal who will call EPIC FAIL if any of you other ass clowns post something about Venus Fly Traps or Cactii.

27. Posted by Rho2Gamma | November 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gb06tPbxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

28. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I go elbow deep.

29. Posted by Rho2Gamma | November 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Do you have a wobbly table?

30. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I like a lover with a slow hand.

-Conway Twitty

31. Posted by Moosefister | November 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Full hand, obviously

32. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Big deal.

-Otto Lowol
    Penscabobalettinoquiinctturallcat, Maine

33. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I’m Frank Lymon from Amherst, Jawn’s fiancé. Actually, we’re engaged to be engaged.

34. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Anything you want Curious. Meet me at Minetta tonight at 9pm with roses, chocolates, diamond earrings and $5k in cash and your wish is my command.

35. Posted by Mega Fail Declarator | November 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Wow. Mega Fail.

36. Posted by El Guesto Grande | November 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM

And he would feel compelled to do that . . . why?

37. Posted by JoeB | November 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Beck is funnier than Stewart

38. Posted by PorkSword | November 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM

It’s actually sad to me when an audience laughs at this mockery of Beck when the person doing the mocking has done nothing to disprove or discredit Beck. They merely paint him as crazy through soundbites. The sad part is that America would largely rather be entertained by an idiot like Stewart than bother with the facts of what is happening to our country. The fact is that Soros is funding a dozen groups with millions of dollars each that are aimed at socializing our country, largely through collapsing our economy.

Think about it like this: How’s “Middle America” feeling these days? And, do you really think they feel like this because of Glen Beck?

39. Posted by Slater | November 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM

This is wall street, we dont care about middle america

40. Posted by PasteSpecialFormats | November 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Sock puppet

41. Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I too laughed for a while and then I was puzzled by WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE were posting their “thoughts” on DB and HOW THEY FOUND US and then it scared me. You know how delicate I am Perma…I’m just not up for it again.

42. Posted by NakedShort | November 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I cant wait for my in laws to get me another Glen Beck book for Xmas.

43. Posted by Hellooooo frisco! | November 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Did Jon Stewart throw in that his real name is Jon Liebowitz? Prolly not….

44. Posted by LordHumongous | November 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I think Eskimos are smug.

- Chuck

45. Posted by Guest | November 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Moron backwards is “norom”.

-Tea Party Quant

46. Posted by K333 | November 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM

fess up: you work for the treasury.

47. Posted by Somnolento | November 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM

One, spell it right. Two, you think people are unaware that Jon Stewart is Jewish?

48. Posted by Bristol Airport Hotels | April 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

oB9coy Awesome blog article.

49. Posted by fashion bags artcile | August 31, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Resources this kind of as the one you mentioned right here will be extremely helpful to myself! Ill publish a hyperlink to this page on my personal blog. I am positive my site guests will uncover that very useful.

50. Posted by Home Page | September 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I happen to be writing to let you be aware of of the impressive experience our girl developed reading your blog. She mastered several issues, which included what it is like to have a marvelous coaching character to have many people with no trouble know just exactly several very confusing things. You undoubtedly did more than her expectations. Many thanks for producing such beneficial, trustworthy, revealing and also cool guidance on the topic to Janet.

51. Posted by Click Here | September 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

52. Posted by puma pas cher | September 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thanks for any other wonderful post. Where else may anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal approach of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such information.

53. Posted by windows 7 key | September 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  54. Posted by Emma Z. Storey's shop | September 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I have been examinating out many of your posts and it’s pretty nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.

55. Posted by Stepanie Frabizzio | September 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM

You are doing an awesome job buddy. Regards from Hotel Charles de Gaulle. Keep using the very good function.