Ladies, do yourselves a favor and pick up a book called He’s Just Not That Into You. Not to be blunt but the President doesn’t care about you; get that through your heads and move on! You deserve so much more. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can open yourself up to meeting a man that treats you right.

From: Daniel Loeb

Subject: Holiday Gift

Dear Friends/battered wives:

It is that time of year and I just thought of the perfect gift in light of some of you. In case the President’s hostage rant wasn’t enough to turn you off, I thought I’d buy any of you a great book for gals who just keep on pursuing the wrong guy. Made popular on Oprah a few years back, “He’s Just Not That Into You” seems like the perfect holiday stocking stuffer for true blue Democrats who just can’t get enough of our President’s smack downs on hard working successful Americans known as “the 2%”

I am sure, if we are really nice and stay quiet, everything will be alright and the President will become more centrist and that all his tough talk is just words; I mean he really loves us and when he beats us, he doesn’t mean it; he just gets a little angry….i mean when I am alone with him —at $30,000 a plate fund raisers—he’s really nice and once I got invited to the White House! It was so cool, because I could tell all my friends…and when he gives speeches, I mean i get to sit in the front row and my friends see me on TV…..and he usually doesn’t hit me in the face to it doesn’t show except for that one time…he’s not that bad really, unless he gets drunk (from power) and…..well, he really does love me or he wouldn’t invite me to all those $30,000 a plate fund raisers and ask my opinion all the time, right?

Henninger said it best in case you haven’t read his article: http://online.wsj.com/article/wonder_land.html (an excerpt below):

He lashed “the wealthiest Americans” three times, not to mention “the wealthiest 2% of Americans,” “tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires,” “wealthy people” and—channeling the French revolution—”the wealthiest estates.” (Louisiana Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu, answering the party’s casting call for the role of Madame Defarge, denounced the deal as “morally corrupt.” Keep her away from knitting needles.)

I don’t buy that all this was said as a sop to the angry left. One month into his presidency, the Obama budget message repeatedly ripped into “those at the commanding heights of our economy.” When at the White House Monday Mr. Obama suggested his next campaign will be “a conversation with the American people” about ending those rates (35%!) for “wealthy people,” I take him at his word. He won’t be at peace until this violation is erased.

Franklin Roosevelt in his speech to the 1936 Democratic Convention attacked what he called “economic royalists.” Nearly 75 years later, Barack Obama, everyone around him in the White House and the kind of Democrats who migrate to Washington seem stuck in some sort of Ma Joad idea of the American economy.

But they’ve gone FDR and John Steinbeck one better. In the world of the Grapes of Wrath Democrats now gagging over Barack Obama’s “sell-out” to the rich, the new economic royalists aren’t limited to “the Ishmael or Insull.” Now it’s any single person or married couple in America with a pre-tax income at $200,000 or $250,000.

DL

Related: Loeb To Obama Supporters: He’s Just Not That Into You [AR]

25 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by guest | December 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Wah

2. Posted by Mitch Cumstein | December 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM

He’s so full of shit with that, “This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you.”

-Guy With Icy-Hot On His Bum And A Pair Of Ski Goggles On His Face

3. Posted by Anon | December 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM

wah meaning ‘what’ or wah meant to indicate a cry baby?

4. Posted by He's So Dynamite | December 10, 2010 at 7:32 PM

He can love you in the mornin, but in the evenin he’s gotta go.

5. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Loeb for president!

6. Posted by guest | December 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM

life has been so unfair to DL.

7. Posted by More American Than You | December 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Until I am a “wealthy American” I’m going to lash the shit out of them like the wealthy lashed the shit out of people who provided equal amounts of shit lashing to get their wealth as well. Except for Buffett, behind a great wealth is a great crime.

8. Posted by Anti DB | December 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I think DL is on the DL

9. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM

kill yourself

10. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2010 at 8:15 PM

idiot middle america, who thinks buffett = main street.

11. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Where do people get the idea that Warren Buffett is some kind of fucking saint?

12. Posted by Becky Quick | December 10, 2010 at 9:15 PM

He’s no saint. He’s a naughty, naughty boy who needs a nice spanking.

13. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM

or so he told you.

14. Posted by Dead Horse Beater | December 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM

In Soviet Russia…well actually in Soviet Russia we do what he does…so I guess I really don’t have to say anything else…uhh…ok bye.

15. Posted by Guest | December 11, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Dan Loeb can suck a dick. Let’s pretend he even gets a W-2 as opposed to running it through the partnership. These fucking rich whiny bastards. Greed is good eh Danny?

16. Posted by History is a useless degree | December 11, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Why doe a guy who makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year even bother with this stuff? Obviously he realizes the NKVD isnt going to be knocking on his door anytime soon to confiscate his sweet pad for the People….

17. Posted by Alan Alexander | December 11, 2010 at 6:09 PM

The guillotine was invented to deal with people like Dan Loeb.

18. Posted by Jim Kelly | December 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM

DL is the next Madoff. His employees keep telling folks how the guy hasn’t gotten busted for insider trading yet…

19. Posted by John O | December 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I can’t wait until REAL class warfare comes. It’s not that complicated; the rich screwed things up for the rest of us, you’d think they’d cough up a little out of some sense of guilt, but one thing I learned during the Wall St. crisis is that these boys feel every bit as entitled as anyone ever in the history of mankind.

Build a moat. You’re going to need one.

20. Posted by Jhnwlk | December 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Dan Loeb will get more of a tax cut for each the next two years than 80% of the people in this country gross in a year. How many jobs you created, Danny?

21. Posted by Chuck VA | December 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Danny boy you poor put upon ass. How much are you gonna miss that tax bite? What are you gonna have to give up? How many American jobs have you shipped overseas?
    Whiny assholes who don’t give a fuck about the US, that’s who you and your buddies are.

22. Posted by Atiya | December 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Ugh, another idiot that thinks that he can compare himself and his imbecile friends to some thing as horrific as being a battered woman. http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/18/shaming-her-in-laws-costs-19-year-old-her-nose-ears/ That is what a battered woman looks like Dan. Get a clue.
    People like him still exist? I thought that it was a myth, like the unicorn, or smart rich people. Wait….. what am I thinking. HE is the type of person to write something like that since he’s probably beaten up a couple of women in his lifetime. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Patrick Bateman the Third. To everyone on this board I implore you to find out the company he works for and start sending that fool letters. Better yet start picketing right outside his house, and let him know that a battered women joke is uncalled for.

23. Posted by Guest | December 13, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I’d really love to see how long your picketing at 15 CPW would last

24. Posted by Paul Gustafson | December 15, 2010 at 3:13 AM

These entitled rich fuckers that whine about how a couple percentage points in their marginal tax rates is theft better hope we don’t get any real class warfare in their lifetime.

25. Posted by Deeanna Trepanier | September 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Thanks Thomas and Omar for reading! Share with us your cool findings about this astounding segment of one’s blog readers