News

Back in November, it was reported that last summer, Morgan Stanley financial adviser Martin Joel Erzinger, pictured, had driven over a doctor who was on his bike and then kept going, “until he reached a Pizza Hut parking lot, where he stopped and called Mercedes auto assistance to report the damage to his vehicle.” Dr. Steven Milo suffered damage to his knees and scapula, spinal cord injuries, bleeding to the brain, in addition to ‘disabling’ headaches and the possibility of multiple surgeries. The part of the story that was somewhat more shocking was that rather than be slapped with serious to quite serious charges, a court decided that for his crime, MJE would be hit with two misdemeanour traffic violations and restitution to the victim. People were somewhat outraged, to say the least. But! That was prior to hearing all of Marty’s side of the story.

“New-car smell” might have contributed to a driver losing consciousness in a July hit-and-run accident, his lawyers claim. Martin Erzinger was driving a new 2010 Mercedes sedan when he rear-ended bicyclist Dr. Steven Milo, about 1:30 p.m. July 3.

Erzinger’s attorneys say their client suffers from sleep apnea and fell asleep at the wheel before driving off U.S. Highway 6 and onto the shoulder near Miller Ranch Road, hitting Milo, who sustained injuries, from behind. Erzinger had purchased the car about a month before the accident. Accident reconstructionist John Koziol found in his investigation the sedan was emitting new car fumes, court documents said. It might have been a contributing factor, documents said.

Now, who feels like they judged too soon?

New Car Smell Cited In Hit And Run Case [DP]

60 comments

60 Responses to “Morgan Stanley Guy Who Committed Hit And Run Provides Pretty Legit Excuse For Faux Pas”

1. Anonymous says:

Erzinger’s story has more gaping holes than JC Davies at the Million Man March.

2. SpecialK says:

Its called Mercedes MBrace Bess….come on now.

3. Chihuahua says:

Erzinger himself was also found to have been emitting potentially responsible fumes after just coming from a Smith Barney group meeting at Taco Bell.

4. Bob the Horse says:

Bet Sherman McCoy wishes he had thought of that.

5. Cheesus says:

And I thought it had something to do with the douche bag inflating prior to impact. Boy was I ever wrong.

-Guy currently suffering from the intoxicating aroma of a new Kia.

6. Anti DB says:

Judging by the picture, it was the lethal combination of new car smell and douche

• ShooterMcGavin says:

New Car Smell would be an excellent scent for a douche.

/guy who thinks about things

• Anonymous says:

What are the odds that his jacket cuffs are concealing one or more of the following?
      a) Large gold Rolex (or Breitling) with metal band;
      b) Gold chain bracelet (on same hand as watch);
      c) Large gold cufflinks with a “Bull and Bear” motif.

7. Dr. Rosenrose says:

Nearly killing doctors with your car? Excusable.
    Charging 150bps to recommend adding more C to my portfolio, on the other hand, should come with a life sentence.

8. Still_kicking says:

I really feel for the guy, that virgin smell knocks me out as well.

• tseuG says:

Ohh, I get it, when a car is new it’s a metaphorical virgin because it hasn’t been used yet. So when you say that it’s a “virgin smell,” it’s really just a clever way to say “new car smell.” You’re clever man, really clever.

-Guy that takes a bit more time to fully understand such poetic devices

• tseuG says:

-Guy that takes a bit more time to fully understand such poetic devices

• tseuG says:

-Guy that takes a bit more time to fully understand such poetic devices

9. Gozer says:

John Koziol also noted that the new car smell phenomenon was heightened both by a 5 martini lunch and the fact that Erzinger is a complete twit

10. FloridaTrash says:

pizza hut? really?? other than that I have no problems

11. Anonymous says:

put the guy on the bike and have the doc rear end him.

12. Anonymous says:

put the guy on the bike and have the doc rear end him.

13. Anonymous says:

put the guy on the bike and have the doc rear end him.

14. Peter Krauss says:

“New car smell” is code for amyl in any bar. Ask me how I know

15. guest says:

And the chemicals also made him wait, pull into a Pizza Hut down the road, and call Mercedes before thinking about the victims health? Good defense. Who the fuck is his lawyer?

16. guest says:

17. Too bad says:

I know his son. Nicest guy ever. He deleted his facebook…

18. Too bad says:

I know his son. Nicest guy ever. He deleted his facebook…

19. Too bad says:

I know his son. Nicest guy ever. He deleted his facebook…

20. Too bad says:

I know his son. Nicest guy ever. He deleted his facebook…

21. Too bad says:

I know his son. Nicest guy ever. He deleted his facebook…

22. UM says:

undergrad, i borrowed my dad’s g-wagon during thanksgiving break and took it to school until xmas break. dream big. first week i had it at school some fixed speed douche ran into the side of the jeep at 2am. this hippy was talking all kinds of shit “im going to sue your bitch ass”. call my dad’s lawyer and he says to go to the police station and file a report. while im at the station i hear a call come in “some biker wants an officer to come to his house, claims he was just struck by a mercedes”. uh oh.

1hr later a cop calls me outside to look at the jeep. after trying to scare me shitless they say they went to the kids house and he was wasted — unless i wanted to file a report for the dent, we can all walk away from this as if nothing happened. i dipset from the station and promptly returned daddy’s benzo.

-driving a prius at school is more innocuous

23. UM says:

-driving a prius at school is more innocuous

24. UM says:

-driving a prius at school is more innocuous

25. UM says:

-driving a prius at school is more innocuous

26. UM says:

-driving a prius at school is more innocuous

27. Big Daddy says:

Only in America, people sleep drive to a pizza/ burger joint

28. Anonymous says:

C’mon. The guy is filthy rich. Isn’t that punishment enough?

29. I used to be in search of this web site last three or more nights wonderful weblog owner good posts every thing is great