HSBC Analyst Who Had Knife Pulled On Him By Ex-Girlfriend, Was Jailed For Going On A Date With Another Woman Is Freed, Still Faces Charges, WrathBy Bess Levin
Last week we met Toby Carroll, a New Zealand-born real estate analyst for HSBC currently stationed in Dubai, who’d spent the last two months in prison. Carroll had ended up there after his ex-girlfriend, Priscilla Ferreira, found him and a new girl, Danielle Spencer, in his apartment and proceeded to start slashing curtains, furniture, etc, and go after the Danielle with a knife. The police were called and all three were put in jail because in Dubai, sex outside marriage is illegal.
Today brings word that Carroll, who friends describe as as “a fun-loving party boy who was dedicated to his job, a snappy dresser who liked women but wasn’t womanizer,” has been released from prison. So, that’s good news! Unfortunately, some other details seems to suggest things aren’t going to be so great for him in the near term.
Other information that’s come to light includes:
* The ex-girlfriend’s full name (previously she was only identified by the first): Priscilla Ferreira, 24
* Some biographical details on Spencer: “Miss Spencer, 31, has worked in the emirate in real estate and as an investment consultant before moving to a firm that sells yachts last year. She is originally from Hull and worked as a pole-dancer before ending up in Dubai after a round-the-world trip.”
* Carroll “faces charges of having sex outside marriage”
* Ferreira “angrily denied reports she had been dumped by Mr Carroll a day before she caught him in bed with Ms Spencer. She said: “We hadn’t split up, we’d had an argument. We have been seeing each other for five years and were going to get married.”
* Perhaps the most terrifying of all: “Miss Spencer and Miss Ferreira became friends after being forced to share a mattress in the women’s cell at Bur Dubai police station, which is meant to house 40 but regularly holds between 70 and 100 inmates.”