News

Earlier this week in Davos, Jamie Dimon said that when his and other banks are asked to comply with ‘irrational regulation,’ the sensation feels a lot like taking it in the ass. Which is to say, he doesn’t like it. His dislike for the figurative equivalent of anal rape, however, pales in comparison to what he feels for idiot reporters who think everyone on Wall Street is the same, i.e. reckless, greedy and responsible for taking down the economy with their bare hands. JPMorgan and its commander and chief couldn’t be more different than the fuck-ups at places like, say, Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns (and Citi). Just because they’re in the same industry doesn’t mean they’re the same. One ignorant twit at Davos panel entitled “The Next Shock, Are We Better Prepared?” was unaware of the distinction; and after asking the JPMorgan chief about what he thought of “Americans who had directed their anger against the banks for the bailout” was offered an explanation a media person could understand.

Dimon visibly turned more animated, replying that “it’s not fair to lump all banks together.” The TARP program was forced on some banks, and not all of them needed it, he said. A number of banks helped stabilize things, noting that his bank bought the failed Bear Stearns. The idea that all banks would have failed without government intervention isn’t right, he said defensively. “I don’t lump all media together….There’s good and there’s bad. There’s irresponsible and ignorant and there’s really smart media. Well, not all bankers are the same.”

Clearly “aggrieved by the question,” he went on.

“I just think this constant refrain [of] ‘bankers, bankers, bankers,’ – it’s just a really unproductive and unfair way of treating people….People should just stop doing that.”

Everybody clear? Or do we need some diagrams?

Dimon’s Davos Cry [Barron’s via Daily Intel]

40 comments

40 Responses to “Jamie Dimon Will Scratch The Eyes Out Of The Next Journalist To Paint All Bankers With The Same Brush”

1. Nyrebel2003 says:

Jamie – you tell them. Run tell that homeboy!

2. Nyrebel2003 says:

Jamie – you tell them. Run tell that homeboy!

3. Nyrebel2003 says:

Jamie – you tell them. Run tell that homeboy!

4. Nyrebel2003 says:

Jamie – you tell them. Run tell that homeboy!

5. Amherst '08 says:

Hide ya checkin’, Hide ya savings’!

6. Amherst '08 says:

Hide ya checkin’, Hide ya savings’!

7. Amherst '08 says:

Hide ya checkin’, Hide ya savings’!

8. Amherst '08 says:

Hide ya checkin’, Hide ya savings’!

9. Anonymous says:

I really dislike anal rape.

-Allen Stanford

10. Anonymous says:

I really dislike anal rape.

-Allen Stanford

11. Guesty Guest says:

Fuck Jamie Dimon

-Everyone who doesn’t read DB or works for JPM

12. Peter Davis says:

As a matter of fact, yes, I’d like a diagram.

13. Gen. George Patton says:

Well, there were good Nazis and bad Nazis, too, I suppose.

14. lloyd.blankfein@gs.com says:

the guys a tool. hes a dufus who got lucky job with sandy and rode the bullshit all the way up. fuck him

15. lloyd.blankfein@gs.com says:

16. lloyd.blankfein@gs.com says:

• Larry David says:

I don’t subscribe to “dufus”. I prefer “doofus” as it incorporates certain imagery and requires little phonetic challenge in pronouncement.

• Larry David says:

• Larry David says:

17. Moynihan says:

Speaking as the turd in the punchbowl all I can say is….blah, blah, blah.

18. HowStupidIsCharlieG says:

Now we all know that when Jamie was talking about stupid scumbag mf’n journalists, he could have only had the Gasbag himself (aka Mr Gossiparino) in mind. This is a big week for the Disgrace from Pace. His most recent pos book fell below his last pos book and they are both now in six digits (yes, that’s correct – below 100,000) on Amazon. Seems to be a fitting place for a man who’s greatest writing was done with a can of spray paint on a freeway wall in the Bronx. Yes, there are quality journalists out there: Matt Tiabi for one. Most of the crew on CNBC for another. I dare say even Stuart Varney from FBN – but few others there – which is why no one watches. Once Imus is done every morning, click. So yes, Jamie was saying that lumping all bankers together is the equivalent of painting all journalists with a Gossiparino brush. Now how stupid is that!!

19. HowStupidIsCharlieG says:

20. Mariana says:

To say they are beautiful ceildrhn is not quite enough. To say Ms. K is a Diva is more like it! And Master C will break every heart within 100 miles! And they look just like Mommy and Daddy.

21. ekvlaoq says:

fF0zqM , [url=http://hgtknimrzyjj.com/]hgtknimrzyjj[/url], [link=http://ircsjxvzehnj.com/]ircsjxvzehnj[/link], http://trxzftvnmzyw.com/

22. CeLine Bag says:

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It抯 pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

23. Hi to every one, it’s in fact a pleasant for me to go to see this site, it consists of helpful Information.

24. I would like to show some thanks to the writer just for bailing me out of this incident. Just after surfing around through the world wide web and coming across proposals that were not pleasant, I thought my entire life was over. Existing without the presence of strategies to the problems you’ve fixed through your entire short post is a critical case, and the kind that might have in a wrong way affected my entire career if I had not come across the blog. Your personal talents and kindness in controlling all the pieces was precious. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not come upon such a stuff like this. I can also at this time relish my future. Thanks for your time so much for your expert and amazing guide. I will not be reluctant to propose your site to anyone who would need recommendations on this subject.

Our Sites