- 28 Jan 2011 at 11:02 AM
What Could Steve Cohen Possibly Have Meant When He Told CNBC “You Don’t Want To Talk To Me, I’m On The Way Down?”By Bess Levin
Earlier today on Squawk on the Street, CNBC showed footage of Steve Cohen at Davos. “We caught up with the legendary investor at breakfast this morning,” it was teased. “He told us ‘You don’t want to talk to me, I’m on the way down.'” Now the kind of people who think a hedge fund manager would tell a cameraman the Feds are on his ass are wondering if he was hinting at something! Indeed, we’re thinking he was! Gather round, ’cause this is a huge scoop you’re not gonna wanna miss.
And that hint was: “Fuck off, CNBC. I’m having a conversation here.”
- De Blasio To Dimon: F*ck You And F*ck Your Tax Breaks
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- New York Fed Was Told To Look Into London Whale Office In 2009, Decided To Take Long Lunch Instead
- John Paulson’s Solution To Shire Problem Probably Not Sitting Well With Bill Ackman
- Opening Bell: 10.21.14
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- Mathew Martoma Still Going To Jail
- Bob Diamond's Daughter Releases Statement Re: Father's Firing
- Bar Mitzvah Boy Tim Sykes Resurfaces On Below Deck, Gives Crew Stock Tips
- Opening Bell: 10.22.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com