Apparently it’s now “in the hands of the Republican Party,” which will prove negative for the economy.

Republicans “are going to pursue a very strong effort to cut services by refusing to have any tax increases,” Soros said in an interview with CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS” program.

“This agenda will be successful,” though it will be “more directed at cutting services and achieving the ideological purposes of the Republicans rather than to get the economy going,” Soros, 80, said, according to a transcript of the interview released by CNN. “This will have a negative impact on the economy.”

[Bloomberg]

1. Posted by Guest | February 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I think Soros is corrupt. But where and how? I donno.

2. Posted by Guest | February 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Say, why all the hate, did the Chinese stop lending us money or something?

–T. Geithner

3. Posted by Lindsey | February 22, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Sorry to say it but Soros is just too old

4. Posted by Obama is a Keynesian | February 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM

We totally disagree, Eoconomic Agenda fully on track.

5. Posted by The Last Bastion | February 22, 2011 at 7:48 PM

SOROS is the same spelled backwards as forwards!! Dont you know what this means? Its a conspiracy of liberal bankers to control the oil cartel! they got Libya! NEXT IS AMERICA! Defend uself with guns and gold and oil and dont listen to lamestream media!

6. Posted by Guest | February 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM

What the h£ll. He puts him in office and now he bails on him while we’re stuck for 2 more years? Clown.

7. Posted by Kkjhkjhkj | February 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

8. Posted by Kkjhkjhkj | February 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM