People familiar with the firm say SAC Capital’s legal team actively discourages traders and analysts from using email, instant messages and other forms of communication that can leave a paper trail. The lack of email documentation at SAC Capital is something that has frustrated litigants over the years, according to people who have been involved in lawsuits and arbitrations with the fund. [Reuters, earlier]

1. Posted by Confused Off Chambers | February 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Bess,

Don’t you gchat with Steve?

-Confused Off Chambers

2. Posted by JakeWyler | February 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM

“I’m pretending to whisper a big secret in your ear so that the SEC thinks I’m telling you a secret, which will cause them to break into a hysterical confession where they actually reveal a big secret. Thus confirming everything I just whispered in your ear.”

3. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM

All messages are left on ice via Zamboni tracks

4. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM

All messages are left on ice via Zamboni tracks

5. Posted by guest | February 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Whatever you want to put in e-mail you can express just as well with candy hearts.

6. Posted by SAC trader | February 23, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Bs, if you do shit at SAC their legal team will report you to authorities. It does not pay for the company as a whole (and to big guy) to let individual traders to violate the rules. Most of the nonsense in the media is just for entertaiment purposes.

7. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Calling 911 for using e-mail is the NKI

8. Posted by Seaman Bodine | February 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Prior to sucking SACs man boobs, I bet you were a John Edwards staffer.

9. Posted by SAC trader | February 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I challenge you to say it to my face, you little wanker from backoffice. Name your place and weapon

10. Posted by Sattenim | February 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Well, if you’ve been here before, the place should be obvious. Now, what will you want him to do so you know it’s him?

11. Posted by SAC trader | February 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I want him to do his usual shit, to cry when I put my boot in his ass

12. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

So the IM story by that trader blog guy– my 15 minutes with stevie– was completely fabricated?

13. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Good policy. Saves on using the generator at the Disaster Recovery Site.

14. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

why is everyone always hating on the back office?

15. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Haha… I read ^ like this: “…if you do shit at SAC, their whole legal team…” I’m thinking, “you can’t shit at SAC?” What, you gotta hold it all day? Man, no wonder that place is so tense, if ya know what I mean.

16. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

17. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

18. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

19. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

20. Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

21. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM

um…the above excerpt says nothing about SAC reporting or not reporting people to the authorities.

22. Posted by Guest | February 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM

23. Posted by Seaman Bodine | February 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM

trinity boxing match? i can set that up – you’d have to come to the city, but i’d gladly take that pepsi challenge

24. Posted by Usher | February 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM

We got ourselves an internet tough guy. Meet me at the Danbury Denny’s, I’ll be wearing a thong and syrup container. Whine to me about shit I don’t care about so I know it’s you

25. Posted by Finn Alexander | February 24, 2011 at 1:50 AM

How much do they pay their Native American hires to develop that non-electronic message delivery system, and how do they integrate that department in with the Exhaust Management team? Or have they added an ASL messaging team instead?

26. Posted by Pingy | February 24, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Uhhhh…I did “shit”….a whole lot of shit via my markers. Legal didn’t even mention it.

— The Pingster

27. Posted by Guest | February 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Bess, glad to see you and your SAC fleece get a shout-out on the 4th page of the article. You have to be beaming…

28. Posted by Guest | February 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Not really sure why she’d give a shit, as BL/DB are mentioned in the MSM quite regularly.