News

People familiar with the firm say SAC Capital’s legal team actively discourages traders and analysts from using email, instant messages and other forms of communication that can leave a paper trail. The lack of email documentation at SAC Capital is something that has frustrated litigants over the years, according to people who have been involved in lawsuits and arbitrations with the fund. [Reuters, earlier]

28 comments

28 Responses to “SAC Capital Legal Team Would Prefer It If Employees Kept Conversations Off The Grid”

1. Confused Off Chambers says:

Bess,

Don’t you gchat with Steve?

-Confused Off Chambers

2. JakeWyler says:

“I’m pretending to whisper a big secret in your ear so that the SEC thinks I’m telling you a secret, which will cause them to break into a hysterical confession where they actually reveal a big secret. Thus confirming everything I just whispered in your ear.”

3. Anonymous says:

All messages are left on ice via Zamboni tracks

4. Anonymous says:

All messages are left on ice via Zamboni tracks

5. guest says:

Whatever you want to put in e-mail you can express just as well with candy hearts.

6. SAC trader says:

Bs, if you do shit at SAC their legal team will report you to authorities. It does not pay for the company as a whole (and to big guy) to let individual traders to violate the rules. Most of the nonsense in the media is just for entertaiment purposes.

• Guest says:

Calling 911 for using e-mail is the NKI

• Seaman Bodine says:

Prior to sucking SACs man boobs, I bet you were a John Edwards staffer.

• SAC trader says:

I challenge you to say it to my face, you little wanker from backoffice. Name your place and weapon

• Sattenim says:

Well, if you’ve been here before, the place should be obvious. Now, what will you want him to do so you know it’s him?

• SAC trader says:

I want him to do his usual shit, to cry when I put my boot in his ass

• Guest says:

why is everyone always hating on the back office?

• Seaman Bodine says:

trinity boxing match? i can set that up – you’d have to come to the city, but i’d gladly take that pepsi challenge

• Usher says:

We got ourselves an internet tough guy. Meet me at the Danbury Denny’s, I’ll be wearing a thong and syrup container. Whine to me about shit I don’t care about so I know it’s you

• Anonymous says:

Haha… I read ^ like this: “…if you do shit at SAC, their whole legal team…” I’m thinking, “you can’t shit at SAC?” What, you gotta hold it all day? Man, no wonder that place is so tense, if ya know what I mean.

• Anonymous says:

• Anonymous says:

• Anonymous says:

• Anonymous says:

• Anonymous says:

• Guest says:

um…the above excerpt says nothing about SAC reporting or not reporting people to the authorities.

• Guest says:

• Pingy says:

Uhhhh…I did “shit”….a whole lot of shit via my markers. Legal didn’t even mention it.

— The Pingster

7. Guest says:

So the IM story by that trader blog guy– my 15 minutes with stevie– was completely fabricated?

8. Guest says:

Good policy. Saves on using the generator at the Disaster Recovery Site.

9. How much do they pay their Native American hires to develop that non-electronic message delivery system, and how do they integrate that department in with the Exhaust Management team? Or have they added an ASL messaging team instead?

10. Guest says:

Bess, glad to see you and your SAC fleece get a shout-out on the 4th page of the article. You have to be beaming…