News

People helping people is all this is about.

Kumar has admitted accepting $1.75 million from Rajaratnam, a one-time billionaire, in exchange for supplying tips on McKinsey clients, including chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices. On the witness stand, he recounted that the Galleon Group hedge fund founder told him: “You work very very hard. You are underpaid. People are making fortunes … so just keep track of your knowledge and share it with me.”

And for this he should be punished? If helping out a friend in such a way is wrong, Raj doesn’t want to be right. Also, who’s to say Raj was looking for ‘knowledge’ about publicly traded companies? He could’ve very well been asking Kumar to share his formidable pop culture knowledge as Big R geared up for trivia night and the request was misinterpreted. The defense rests!

Ex-McKinsey partner tells jury he tipped Rajaratnam [Reuters]

13 comments

13 Responses to “Raj Rajaratnam Just Wanted To See Anil Kumar Fairly Compensated For His ‘Knowledge’”

1. Guest says:

Surely 6 of his seven lawyers must have packed up their things and left at that point. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

2. Raj says:

Anil, only you can make a dark man blush

3. Guest says:

waaaaaait wait wait wait wait wait wait……wait…….his name’s Anil.

4. Guest says:

He skipped the first part where Raj-daddy offered to compensate Anil with something more precious to Big Poppa than any money, pints of gravy.

5. Guest says:

Leaving off the trail end where he says:

“And you look purrrty too. Yep real purrrty. Now do that this with your bottom that I like. You know, that wiggle. Yeah. That’s nice. Now put on those Lululemons that I got you…”

6. Enwrong says:

There is nothing wrong with the temptation of a McKinsey man.

-J. Skilling

7. Fark! I wish Jabba-the-hut was a more generous with his money and threw a couple a million my way.

-guy-who-needs-a-few-millon

8. Peter Davis says:

Fortunately for those involved, the judge sealed the testimony of Kumar’s deposition, in which he admitted offering to Rajaratnam: “I’ll suck your cock for $1.75 mil.” The Raj, not wanting his public image tarnished countered with: “You know, why don’t I just give you the money for insider trading, and you just suck my cock for nothing?”

9. companies upon the green grass. Acts Chapter 14 practice. The ability to transport canoes through lakes and rivers