- 10 Mar 2011 at 5:06 PM
People helping people is all this is about.
Kumar has admitted accepting $1.75 million from Rajaratnam, a one-time billionaire, in exchange for supplying tips on McKinsey clients, including chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices. On the witness stand, he recounted that the Galleon Group hedge fund founder told him: “You work very very hard. You are underpaid. People are making fortunes … so just keep track of your knowledge and share it with me.”
And for this he should be punished? If helping out a friend in such a way is wrong, Raj doesn’t want to be right. Also, who’s to say Raj was looking for ‘knowledge’ about publicly traded companies? He could’ve very well been asking Kumar to share his formidable pop culture knowledge as Big R geared up for trivia night and the request was misinterpreted. The defense rests!
- Raj Rajaratnam Just Wanted To See Anil Kumar Fairly Compensated For His 'Knowledge' March 10, 2011
- Guy Who's Short Herbalife Says Guy Who's Long Herbalife Saying Guy Who's Short Herbalife Saying Herbalife Is A Fraud Is A Fraud Is A Fraud March 13, 2013
- SEC Charges Guy With Being Very Bad Roommate September 30, 2014
- BofA Kinda Forgot That Structured Notes Mature September 30, 2014
- Morningstar Still Has 99.579% Confidence In Pimco September 30, 2014
- Not All Hedge Funds Totally Worthless September 29, 2014
- Tim Geithner Was Risk Averse Before He Was Treasury Secretary September 30, 2014
- Carl Icahn Glad eBay Finally Woke Up And Listened To Him, Hope Its Learned A Valuable Lesson Here Today (Never Question Carl Icahn Again) September 30, 2014
- Pimco: Jim From Accounting's Departure Would Cause $10 Billion In Outflows September 29, 2014
- Careful Grooming = Respectability For Bitcoin September 30, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com