- 10 Mar 2011 at 5:06 PM
People helping people is all this is about.
Kumar has admitted accepting $1.75 million from Rajaratnam, a one-time billionaire, in exchange for supplying tips on McKinsey clients, including chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices. On the witness stand, he recounted that the Galleon Group hedge fund founder told him: “You work very very hard. You are underpaid. People are making fortunes … so just keep track of your knowledge and share it with me.”
And for this he should be punished? If helping out a friend in such a way is wrong, Raj doesn’t want to be right. Also, who’s to say Raj was looking for ‘knowledge’ about publicly traded companies? He could’ve very well been asking Kumar to share his formidable pop culture knowledge as Big R geared up for trivia night and the request was misinterpreted. The defense rests!
- Raj Rajaratnam Just Wanted To See Anil Kumar Fairly Compensated For His 'Knowledge' March 10, 2011
- Opening Bell: 04.24.14 April 24, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Barclays April 23, 2014
- Daivd Einhorn: Maybe It's Time To Asking Questions Like, "Why The F*ck Did A Startup Texting Service Sell For $19 Billion?" April 22, 2014
- If You're Fishing For A Compliment From Carl Icahn, Consider Getting Him Nice And Liquored Up First April 23, 2014
- Mohamed El-Erian's Departure Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross's Habit Of Telling People To STFU With Just A Look April 23, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Exec Embroiled In Horse Shit Suit April 22, 2014
- Bill Ackman On Good Poison Pills, Bad Poison Pills and Things That Are Definitely Not Front-Running April 23, 2014
- Juan Paulson Isn’t Giving Up On Puerto Rico April 24, 2014
- Is Lululemon CEO's Lack of Muscle Tone Good Or Bad For Shareholder Value: Investors Debate April 22, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com