• 27 Apr 2011 at 9:47 AM

Not Everyone On Wall Street Has Spurned Obama

He’s kissed the warm embrace of Dan Loeb, Steve Cohen, Ken Griffin et al good-bye but some financiers are still showing Mr. President the love. According the Journal, former Goldman CEO (and New Jersey governor) Jon Corzine will be hosting a dinner for 60 tonight at his home tonight where Obama will speak, before heading into New York for a second dinner at the Waldorf for a slightly less intimate event to be attended by 340 guest (who have paid $35,800/ticket). No word on whether or not David Tepper will be throwing a bigger/better Obama fundraiser next door to Corzine’s, which he’ll hand out flyers for to guests as they walk up to JSC’s house, telling them “This isn’t the party you want to go to, pass it on.” [WSJ]

1. Posted by Guest | April 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Is T still harboring issues from HS?

2. Posted by Donald Duck | April 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM

That birth certificate is about as fake as the combination of my hair and my 2003 Madoff statement.

3. Posted by Guest | April 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM

David Tepper is soooo Blair on Gossip Girl.

4. Posted by Guest | April 27, 2011 at 3:43 PM

clearly the issues are from goldman sachs, as he didn’t go to hs with corzine?

5. Posted by AmericanBandersnatch | April 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I feel a strange sense of kinship with David Tepper. I too hate Corzine for his atrocious performance as governor. It’s amazing how much damage he did in his four years. I shall buy Carla Katz’s house and have it razed to show my fellowbrassballship with the Tepster.

6. Posted by Guest | April 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM

No meaning he must be very sensitive… which prob dates back to HS…

-Guy who’s seen too many 80’s movies

7. Posted by Mexi-Cant | April 27, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I gotta stop furiously masturbating to your picture and your prose, its not healthy.

8. Posted by AmericanBandersnatch | April 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

9. Posted by guest | April 28, 2011 at 6:27 AM

both events are in ny, one at corzine’s 5th apt, other at the waldorf, read the article.

10. Posted by Anonymous | June 3, 2011 at 12:05 AM

If past donor affiliations (specifically to Rudy Giuliani) and opinions of his siblings matter, the answer is no, Tepper won’t be supporting Obama.

11. Posted by montreal graphic design | April 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Having read this I believed it was rather informative.

I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this
    information together. I once again find myself personally
    spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

12. Posted by old navy online coupon code | August 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I have come across that nowadays, more and more people are being attracted to camcorders
    and the issue of images. However, as a photographer, you must first commit
    so much time period deciding the model of digicam to buy and
    moving via store to store just so you may buy the least expensive camera of the trademark you have
    decided to pick out. But it isn’t going to end there. You also have to take into consideration whether you should obtain a digital camera extended warranty. Thx for the good tips I accumulated from your blog site.

13. Posted by definiteimage web design | September 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site regularly, this web site is in
    fact good and the people are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

14. Posted by Cyndi Formato | October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I need to admit that I discuss the scepticism of a lot of of individuals that have commented on this tale. Being “almost ready to offer T-shirts” and other accessories is nonetheless distant from executing business. I understand kids in secondary university who could be selling T-shirts this weekend (18-19 february).