- 14 Apr 2011 at 11:47 AM
Senate Subcommittee Report Shows Ratings Agencies Willing To Be Defiled By Paying Customers, Able To Look In The Mirror By Pretending To Have Standards To Each OtherBy Bess Levin
Late last evening, Senator Carl Levin released a report of his investigation into the financial crisis entitled “Wall Street And The Financial Crisis: Anatomy Of A Financial Collapse.” The majority of the blame goes toward investment banks, particularly Goldman Sachs (described by Levin- no relation- as “a financial snake pit rife with greed, conflicts of interest, and wrongdoing”), as well as Deutsche Bank, whose former trader, Greg Lippmann (he of “I’m short your house” and sushi spreadsheet fame) gets a lot of airtime. Also criticized are the ratings agencies, who Levin says “weakened their standards as each compete to provide the most favorable rating to win business and greater market share.” To that end, the Senator from Michigan illustrates his point with a story about Standard & Poor’s and UBS.
Oh yeah, the analysts were pissed something fierce and they had a right mind to tell James to go fuck himself. Nobody pushes Standard & Poor’s around! Unless you’re paying in which case, do whatever you want to us and we’ll go along with it.
But just know that we will be having a conversation internally about how your attitude needs adjusting or else something will be done. Seriously. Take this threat seriously. We’re serious. Going to stop talking now so I can put this ball gag in my mouth like you asked but remember what we said.
- Senate Subcommittee Report Shows Ratings Agencies Willing To Be Defiled By Paying Customers, Able To Look In The Mirror By Pretending To Have Standards To Each Other April 14, 2011
- Daivd Einhorn: Maybe It's Time To Asking Questions Like, "Why The F*ck Did A Startup Texting Service Sell For $19 Billion?" April 22, 2014
- Opening Bell: 04.03.14 April 23, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Exec Embroiled In Horse Shit Suit April 22, 2014
- Is Lululemon CEO's Lack of Muscle Tone Good Or Bad For Shareholder Value: Investors Debate April 22, 2014
- Bill Ackman’s Boyish Visage To Be Preserved For Posterity April 22, 2014
- Larry Fink Expands On His Dislike Of Hedge Funds April 22, 2014
- Bill Ackman Doing Okay For Himself This Year April 22, 2014
- Somebody Thinks Their Facebook Shares Are Going To Take A Hit April 22, 2014
- Merrill Lynch Brokers Are Going To Have To Wake Up A Lot Earlier If They Want To List "Recipient Of Circle of Champions" Award On Their LinkedIn Profiles April 21, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com