Raj Rajaratnam Found Guilty

On all 14 counts (9 counts of insider trading, 5 of conspiracy). Raj-Raj now faces up to 19.5 years in prison.

While we wait for the sentencing, wondering what took the jury so long (12 days) to come to a decision? They just didn’t want camp to come to an end.

Jurors in the Raj Rajaratnam insider-trading trial ended their 11th day of deliberations yesterday without a verdict — but with some picturesque mementos of their time together. After court ended, five jurors — including a New York City school teacher, a nurse and a graphic designer for Apple Inc. — sat in front of the fountain in Foley Square, near the Manhattan federal court where they’ve been deliberating for three weeks, and took turns snapping group photos.

With smiles aplenty, they looked like a group that really got along. While they may not have forged a consensus on the 14-count indictment, they seemed to have forged a friendship.

103 Responses to “Raj Rajaratnam Found Guilty”

1. Jason STATHAM. says:

• Monopoly Money says:

Mr. Moneybags: Go directly to jail.
      Do not
      pass go,
      do not collect $200
      BODY {
      MARGIN: 8px
      .LW-yrriRe {
      FONT: x-small arial
      .MsoNormal {
      MARGIN: 0px

Raj: Dad, is that you?

2. Fish says:

I’m gonna be wanting that cocktail…FRUIT!

3. Guest says:

4. Nobody says:

Let’s get some Drudge sirens up in this bitch.

5. Guest says:

Look at the bright side, Raj, your lawyer got 21 charges knocked down to 14.

6. VP says:

Fat fuck fried. Roll out the electric chair

7. AmericanBandersnatch says:

You might want to ask for a Mulligan.

8. Guest says:

he should have testified on his defense. that’s where it went wrong….

• Really? says:

He should have not traded on insider information. That’s where it really went wrong.

9. charlie gasparino says:

what about miss piggy , what happens to her???

10. Steve in Stamford says:

That’s not good.

11. Randy Savage says:

Well that sucks!

/Sacred Cow

12. Guest says:

Doh, bet Kimelman’s not too feeling to positive about his move yday. Now he has to take a plea of insanity…

13. VictoryIsMine says:

Yeah, but what about all those legitimate years? No one ever talks about them…

14. Guest says:

Let’s get Charlie to give us a Cohen mood readout now.

15. Guest says:

Exclusive footage of Raj’s near future:

16. Anonymous says:

Don’t worry Raj, after the daily beatings from your cellmate the infirmary gives you pain pills that are really strong.

-Sir Allen Stanford

• Guest says:

Just make sure you don’t grab one of their legs when they are done kicking your head. That will surely set them off again.

-Guy who just read a quote in the Allen Stanford beatdown article.

17. Alowe1 says:

white man always trying to keep the brown man down

18. Momentus says:

Get those BROKERS back in here! Turn those MACHINES back on!

-Duke & Duke

19. guest says:

i think we should let raj free on no bail, maybe he’ll try to flee back to sri lanka and we’ll call it even

20. Guest says:

Buy WDC. A lot of hedge funds all over the metro NY area will be needing new hard drives.

21. Guest says:

thank god the jury had the decency to wait until after the robin hood do to deliver this game changing news to the hedge fund industry.

22. The Russian says:

Justice was done. Another smart greedy guy gets what he deserves. Now has this judge any balls?

23. Guest says:

GS has to force out Lloyd….sorry no way dude stays after having BOD implicated

24. lax BRO says:

Game Blouses….

25. Anonymous says:

It was after the Galleon Group that I had planned to live like a young rajah in all the capitals of Europe—Paris, Rome, Berne…

Fond in my memory always will remain Greenwich. The mention of it makes me think of Round Hill Rd. And all she gave to me.

26. joe says:

Ponzi scheme > insider trading. Less effort, same rewards, same eventual outcome.

– B Madoff and Sir A Stanford

• Lewis Winthorpe III says:

% Ponzi schemers that get caught >>> % insider traders that get caught.

Not even close. Other than that I have no concerns.

27. Anonymous says:

Wall Street needs to go back to being a honky paradise like the 1980s

Jimmy Cayne

28. BigNastyNate says:

Who cares. Not like he’ll actually serve any time in a Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass facility.

29. guest says:

I wonder if there are other hedge funds in the sights of the prosecutors?

30. PasteSpecialFormats says:

The Monarch: You shouldn’t even be alive!
    Dean: Huh?
    The Monarch: I put out a hit on you. Super sorry. But, you know, I’m in mother-fucking prison here. My life is fucked.

31. 17cadogan says:

I wonder if Raj will offer to testify against guy from Goldman for leniency….

32. assa wiper says:

shoulda listened to Kenny. Probably coulda folded with 5 yearsGalleon founder Raj Rajaratnam once “paid $4 million to have Kenny Rogers come to a birthday party at his house and sing his favorite song, ‘The Gambler,’ over and over again. Kenny refused to go on after a dozen times.”

33. guest says:

I think if you get sentenced to over 10 years (he is looking at 15 years plus…), you are not eligible for low security places (a la Martha Stewart)…with that kind of a sentence, sentencing rules require he be sent to a medium security prison. Those places have violent federal offenders…not just white collar types…

• Hugh says:

That is 100% wrong. Bernie is at a NC Club Fed.

• D. Kozlowski says:

Guest is correct, and there is nothing medium about medium security.

• Anonymous says:

Also I’m willing to bet that even the folks in a low security Federal pen aren’t exactly the type of guys your average overweight South Asian billionaire would normally be comfortable hanging out with…

• Nyrebel2003 says:

I hope enjoys the medium security dick-in-his-ass!

• guest says:

Butner has both low and medium security facilities. Madoff is in the medium security compound. Rigas happens to be in Butner low security, and apparently was sentenced to 15 years. So looks like time doesn’t matter.

34. Bernie says:

35. Biggest Loser says:

Will there be an accompanying hunger strike?

36. assa wiper says:

I feel sorry for the guard that has to check his anal cavity

37. judgemental guy says:

Sphincters are tight as a drum right now in offices all over Greenwich and the Upper East side.

38. early hominid says:

When you think about it prison is just r&r. He’ll be fine.

39. NotFair says:

For under 100 million dollar sentenced up to max. 25 years. That´s not much compared to the $50 billion of Bernie. Bernie should be post-sentenced to breath fresh air in the gas chamber, that´s justice. Now he´s sitting in his cell, giving poker advice to his abusers.

40. MakeMoneyMoney says:

it’s the good ship, galleon, when wall st has it’s rally on, when traders traid ERRBODY IN THE PLACE GETS PAID

41. I Am An Idiot says:

Guilty of being a handsome son of a bitch, maybe…..

42. Nasty Nate says:

But I DID buy you… for a carton of Marlboros and a Gallon of Toilet wine… you’ll always be my bitch, Till I KILL YO ASS!

43. Guest says:

go long boost mobile, burn phones will be in high demand

44. Guesty Guest says:

Fatty Gonna Fry!

45. Guest says:

This was a litmus test for the big trial later this year

46. NakedShort says:

Why the round face Raj?

47. Guest says:

Raj Rajaratnam is a friend of mine.

– D. Sokol

48. WallStreetJerks says:

I will say it again and again

Bernie and Raj were both the types who got owned for good reason. They had both the opinion to be absolutely secure of prosecution.

49. Guest says:

lol @ the hangover tag – very timely Bess

50. Zeppie stated on September twenty, 2012

51. My dad experienced a great deal of tucker parts a handful of a long time ago.He desired to make just one originally right after he noticed the movie Tucker a man and his dream. I sold everything off to my awareness But heard rumors he actually uncovered one and bought it. I always find it amazing when this stuff surfaces

52. I liked your website posting. Significantly obliged.

53. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.

54. I cling on to listening to the news speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?

55. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time for you to reply to my issue in such a immediate method. You each truly opened my eyes. I have go through that which you wrote over and over and all of it can make so considerably perception. I enjoy it out of your bottom of my coronary heart!

56. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. But just imagine if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could certainly be one of the best in its niche. Superb blog!

57. ebikes says:

There is no grunting noise, just pure silence of the pedals. And in some cities, may be more numerous than human-powered bicycles.

58. I truly hit it off to that send. Thankfulness for the info.

59. Then you need to become a pretty excellent photographer.

60. Angry Birds says:

Hello! I make out this is classify of off-topic but I had to solicit. Does managing a well-established website such as yours compel a lot of work? I’m brand new to operating a blog but I accomplish enter in my journal each day. I’d like to start a blog accordingly I can easily let somebody in on my experience and feelings online. Entertain agree to me get if you have some nice of suggestions otherwise tips for brand pristine would-be blog owners. Value it!

61. Odell Adames says:

In case you are a member of one’s neighborhood chamber there shall be opportunities in chamber newsletters, member guides and perhaps even on their site. Local newspapers are very good venues as most firms either subscribe or read routinely so they are able to keep informed of what’s going on inside the community dr. jaydeep biswas community.

62. The holiday spirit brings a lot of types of celebrations, presents, decorations and stationery. Stationery means the letterheads and cards that happen to be sent and exchanged in holiday spirit amongst household members and buddies. This stationery makes the holiday season really feel more special. The key reason stationery of any form is exchanged or sent to any individual is for correspondence or for sending wishes. Instead of sending plain stationery, the holiday spirit may be spread by sending personalized stationery Astra Resources Cambodia developed for the holiday season.

63. More Bonuses says:

Thanks on behalf of all your efforts that you have situate in this. tremendously exciting info.

64. Davida Huser says:

While making your holiday greeting card, you could also include your logo and a picture of your department, company or organization for an extra personal touch to the card. So it is always better to create a logo for your company using vector graphics so that the logo could be resized each big and small for the convenience for printing. This logo can also be used to print holiday themed letterheads and business cards for the holiday season. If required, you could also add a holiday message Astra Resources Cambodia to give the personal touch to the stationery.

65. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

66. This dovetails into a ask for I just submitted to Luaka. Just isn’t it about time for Luaka to catch on towards the re-emerging re-renaissance of vinyl?

67. tu says:

Interesting blog! Is your theme made to order made otherwise did you download it from someplace? A theme approximating yours with a couple of straightforward tweeks would actually achieve my blog bounce absent. Satisfy agree to me know the categorize you bought your propose. Kudos

68. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Great work!

69. Suar1961 says:

It’s not that I want to replicate your web page, but I really like the layout. Could you let me know which theme are you using? Or was it tailor made?

70. wypadek uk says:

I was wondering if you ever careful shifting the explain of your blog? Its very well printed; I fondness what youve got to declare. Excluding possibly you could a little further in the way of gratify hence nation could connect with it healthier. Youve got an awful allocation of text for only having one or else two similes. Perhaps you could space it out better?

71. escorts says:

I really like what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve added you guys to my own blogroll. escorts

72. This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere. Short but very precise informationÖ Thank you for sharing this one. A must read article!