Last May, we met Thomas Guerriero. At the time, the Guerreiro Wealth Holdings founder had just been accused by an underline of sending her videos of himself masturbating, texts about stuff he wanted to do to her (rife with grammatical errors), groping her, and leaving lewd Post-Its at her desk. Since then Guerreiro decided to abandon Wall Street (which he says is populated with “blood thirsty people who are looking to take your legs out from under you,”) selling his company and starting fresh with WMX Group, which has four companies and counting under its umbrella, one of which Tommy-boy describes as “the Berkshire Hathaway of professional sports.”

A holding group that launched in January, WMX contains four companies: World Mercantile Exchange (“the safest and most secure proprietary trading platform for the buying and selling of real agricultural products across the globe”); WEX Lab (“conducting world-class, cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in genomics and other fundamental sciences”); The Harvard Think Tank (which funds startups); and WEX Sports, which is, arguably, the focus of Guerriero’s reinvention.

WEX Sports purports to have a minority stake in numerous teams – including several European football teams, the New York Rangers and the New York Knicks. It is not a way of picking up investors; on that Guerriero is adamant. Rather it’s his pet project – funded entirely by himself, he says. “[We're] the Berkshire Hathaway of professional sports. We do have diversified holdings on several teams,” Guerriero said, adding that he hopes to end up “taking a majority of several of the most dominant teams in the world,” down the road.

He couldn’t say specifically what total dollar amount that he currently has invested in the teams he has stakes in, because “it actually fluctuates on a day to day basis.” Hmm. He did, however, note that WEX maintains “under a 15-percent interest in each of the teams,” so take that for what it’s worth.

If you’re thinking that sounds like something you’d might be interested in, think again. According to Guerriero, they “get calls every single day from teams that are struggling” and so far have “turned away pretty much everyone who’s approached us, even if they had a $50 million check.” Should he decide to get generous, be forewarned:

Guerriero said that WEX is now considering dismantling his investor policy and will begin considering bids from interested parties. “It’s an extensive vetting process… we have to feel they are not only an accredited investor… but that they’re going to be good to work with hand-in-hand,” Guerriero said.

Anyone known to get all pissy over a couple of crotch shots and/or being on the receiving end of a texts from TG along the lines of “I wanna take you in the stairwell on the low wat u say . . . I know ul love it. meet me there i wanna touch u already,” need not apply.

Thomas Guerriero Launches WMX Group [Mogulite]

1. Posted by Drita D'avanza | June 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Sold your company to who you motherfucking Staten Island guinea cocksucker? Listen you wannabe piece of shit , I know you and your whole scumbag crew. If you’re not careful, me and a few of my friends are going to stop by and stick our cocks up your faggot ass.

2. Posted by PasteSpecialFormats | June 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Ill-fitting black three-piece, brown shoes, and a $15 haircut? Swoon.

-No Woman Ever

3. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM

wow.

4. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Thomas, call me!

-F. Wilpon

5. Posted by Guy who knows bowling shoes | June 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Looks like the lone non-incarcerated member of Gryphon Financial forgot to return his bowling shoes to the counter at Rab’s County Lanes on Hyland Boulevard.

6. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

That’s what happens to guys who don’t make it past interview #15 at GS.

7. Posted by Dr. Rosenrose | June 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Not sure putting office furniture on Craigslist for $10, OBO, constitutes selling a business.

8. Posted by guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I assure you this guy is lying

– James Dolan

9. Posted by World B. Free | June 27, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Bullshit. He doesn’t own a piece of the Knicks or Rangers, at least not in any real sense. WEX owns shares of the Madison Square Garden Company. I could “own a piece of the Knicks” by that logic. Then again, why on earth would I want any part of a company controlled by Fredo Dolan?

10. Posted by Nothin B Free | June 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I own the US Government….. well …..me and China, its a joint venture

11. Posted by Guy who knows bowling shoes | June 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Which… technically means I own the United States, hence it looks like I own a piece of these chubby lil SOB and all his companies, so…..Tommy….. get out of my office bitch!

12. Posted by Guy who knows bowling shoes | June 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM

13. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM

What about a 100 million check?

-UBS

14. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM

it moved.  is that weird?

15. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM

it moved.  is that weird?

16. Posted by ahahah | June 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I mean, with presentations like this why wouldn’t you invest?

17. Posted by ahahah | June 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I mean, with presentations like this why wouldn’t you invest?

18. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I remember when I was delisted a month after putting it on my website, all that wasted time.

19. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM

20. Posted by Lenny Dykstra | June 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Proud to say that I was his mentor.

21. Posted by Lenny Dykstra | June 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Proud to say that I was his mentor.

22. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM

It just means he texted a bunch of teams and follows their Twitter feeds.

23. Posted by Karl Mozurkewich | June 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Khaki shoelaces with Navy 3-piece is the NKI.

The suit says “business” but the Kohl’s shoelaces say “I’ll have a water…..with lemon.”

24. Posted by Karl Mozurkewich | June 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Khaki shoelaces with Navy 3-piece is the NKI.

25. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM

It’s amazing that people like this exist. Even more so, it’s a pretty good bet that more than one person will give him money.

26. Posted by Guest | June 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM

27. Posted by Stupid | June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

sounds like a real @hole:disqus

28. Posted by Stupid | June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

sounds like a real @hole:disqus

29. Posted by Eric Bolling | June 27, 2011 at 11:09 PM

His defense- “Gasparino does it to all the chicks and he’s still workin”

30. Posted by Eric Bolling | June 27, 2011 at 11:09 PM

His defense- “Gasparino does it to all the chicks and he’s still workin”

31. Posted by Nyrebel2003 | June 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I do not know what I like more; the run-down shoes or the Mens Warehouse sale rack suit…

32. Posted by Nyrebel2003 | June 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM

33. Posted by Andre | June 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

As he tells his new associates, “Here’s $500.  Go buy yourself some new suits at Men’s Warehouse.  And don’t come back until you do.”

34. Posted by Andre | June 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

35. Posted by Andre | June 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

36. Posted by Andre | June 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

37. Posted by Andre | June 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

38. Posted by Guest | June 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Is now really the best time to start a new ponzi scheme?

39. Posted by Jackiet83 | June 29, 2011 at 2:04 AM

looks like he’s friends with Jeff Stone

40. Posted by thetruth | August 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Don't you do your research? This case was dropped because the drug dealing con who made the claim against him, was looking for a quick buck and nothing else. She made the whole thing up and her father remained a client of his and the firm till this day. Get your facts straight Bess!

41. Posted by JT Marlin | September 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM

"till this day?" isn't his boiler room out of business??

42. Posted by Booger | September 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM

On his personal website, he lists that he "obtained his CFP education from Boston University?" Any takers on whether this asshat actually is a CFP?? Or that he attended Harvard grad school??

43. Posted by Jenn Lo | November 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

This guy is a fraud and a scam. Half of his life is one made up story that he keeps telling people.

44. Posted by guerriero fraud | December 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Thomas Anthony Guerriero is up to his OLD TRICKS again! Thomas Guerriero is running a pyramid scheme in South Florida called WMX Group Holdings, Inc. (WMXG: OTCBB) located at 10 Fairway Dr, Deerfield Beach and a Boca Raton office at 301 Yamato Rd, Boca Raton, FL. Everything about this job opportunity is a SCAM.

There is no job and NO SALARY. The only way to get paid is to recruit other victims to interview, get "hired" and have them fork over a $2000 "licensing fee". If the victims pay, then you get paid $125 and Thomas Guerriero pockets the remaining $1875. It's a pyramid scheme because then the people you "hired" have cold call new marks for like 12-14 hours a day. It is a bottom-feeding boiler room.

STAY AWAY! DO NOT INTERVIEW FOR WMX GROUP! DO NOT PAY THEM 1 PENNY to get "HIRED"

I made the mistake and got taken for $1500. I bolted after only 2 days when I realized it was a scam and I had been duped.

Thomas Anthony Guerriero should be indicted for fraud. I want my MONEY BACK but know a scum like Thomas Guerriero would never make restitution. I can only hope and pray Thomas Guerriero goes to JAIL !!

45. Posted by Max | February 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

He never actually owned any firm, he worked at a small firm in lower manhattan and recruited interns to work under him and told them he owned the firm. I worked there at the time, most of us knew he was a weird dude with a few kids working for him who didn't know any better. We all had a good laugh when the story broke about him harassing that intern chick but nobody really seems to know if it was true.