• 06 Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM

Erin Burnett’s New Gig Starts September

Burnett’s show was announced in the same memo in which the bad news was broken that Eliot Spitzer’s foray into television, In The Arena, will be put out to pasture, which could make things around the water cooler slightly awkward (apparently Spitzer hasn’t yet left the building, with network execs trying to find him “an alternative role”).

Today we are announcing a new evening line-up that showcases our journalism, and further differentiates and distinguishes CNN. Beginning August 8, we will broadcast AC360, our flagship news program, at 8p and 10p. Then in late September, we will add Erin Burnett’s new show at 7p and 11p. Piers Morgan will continue at 9p and midnight, while JKUSA and the Situation Room will both be broadcast one hour earlier, at 6p and 4p, respectively. This line-up emphasizes our focus on quality journalism and on hosts who are proven reporters, as well as on shows that successfully combine original reporting with news analysis, civil debate and a wide range of inclusive and differing opinions…We are in discussions with Eliot Spitzer about an alternative role. We thank him and the entire In the Arena team for creating a program that moved many political and economic issues into the national spotlight.

[Politico]

1. Posted by Guest | July 6, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Tits or GFTO

2. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Sooooo….I’m gonna need you out of my office by Friday

3. Posted by Guest | July 6, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Erin Burnett vs. Larry Kudlow

4. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Hey, Eliot…go home and get your fuckin’ shine box.

- Erin “Billy Batts” Burnett

5. Posted by Bret_Ellis | July 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Yayo >>> Tatas. Every time.

6. Posted by Someone had to say it | July 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM

UBS Sucks

7. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 7:35 PM

To console himself, Spitzer has been locked up in his hotel room at the Sofitel for days insisting that the 32-year-old Guinean immigrant clean his room daily.

8. Posted by Guest | July 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM

It came down to Spitz vs. spits

9. Posted by Shepherd Smith | July 6, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Let me get the roles straight, Anderson is the girl, Erin’s the dude, and Elliot is behind the camera with nothing but socks on? Sounds like fun, I want in!

10. Posted by Macke | July 6, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Catbox!

11. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Burnett is boring, all she does is lob softball questions

12. Posted by DE Shaw Genius Evaluator | July 6, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I know they probably wrote that at AIG, but hipsters (recovering or otherwise) everywhere use “GTFO” on their “tits or…..etc., etc.. mandates.

13. Posted by Deep Drinker | July 6, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Unless she is giving fellatio to a 7 layer burrito while scissoring Casey Anthony, I am not interested.

14. Posted by Bac Koffice | July 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Either this is Maria, or you’re missing the whole point about Erin Burnett.

15. Posted by chaz1 | July 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM

“alternative role”  I have dozens of good phone numbers, I could pimp girls for those TV execs nightly.

Elliot

16. Posted by Shawn | July 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM

So I guess Eliot Spitzer goes back to working at Goldman.

17. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 8:58 PM

She isn’t that hot….She wore no makeup when they sent her to Egypt and it wasn’t a pretty sight

18. Posted by Lesbos | July 6, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Scissor me timbers!

19. Posted by Kramer's caddie | July 6, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Really? You just had to ruin the 7 layer for me didn’t you?

20. Posted by MerchantRefugee | July 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM

boo all the naysayers….Erin is the kind of chick you take home to meet Mom.  And you know I’m right.  You bring home Melissa or Drury…and you gotta fight off your brother and your Dad.

21. Posted by Guest Implant | July 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

What tatas?

22. Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I’d take a NESCAC girl any day.

23. Posted by Cramer | July 6, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Maybe bring her home to mom, but pops would be pointing out that she’s got no tits

24. Posted by Abe's Little Froman | July 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Mi gusta los tatitas.

- Chuck G.

25. Posted by Concerned father | July 6, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Beat the hell out of what’s her name in Greece.  I had to shield my son’s eyes from the horrer.

26. Posted by Asss | July 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Who needs tits?

–Ass

27. Posted by MerchantRefugee | July 7, 2011 at 1:01 PM

make mine a Calyon girl

28. Posted by Guest | July 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Excellent work — +1

29. Posted by The Pronger | July 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM

I have a dream of servicing Melissa Lee,  Erin and the camel all at the same time. Melissa Lee can do the reporting.

30. Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Take me home to your shiny fuck box

31. Posted by J-bird | July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I like to eat soft shell crabs and I like Erin Burnett.