News

Jim Cramer Asks People To Remember His Legitimate Bear Stearns Calls

“I got crucified because I said you can keep your money in Bear Stearns. I got crucified in this country!!! I learned my lesson, you can’t be as confident as you’d like. I never said you should buy Bear Stearns, I said you should keep your money there. In 36 hours Bear Stearns fell apart. It was fine to say it wasn’t going to fall apart and then it fell apart. My first call was that it was okay to keep your money there which turned out to be true.”

45 comments

45 Responses to “Jim Cramer Asks People To Remember His Legitimate Bear Stearns Calls”

1. Guest says:

This man is a genius. One of the greats in the business

– Nails

2. They know NOTHING!! says:

can someone just give him a REALLY good shot in the nadz? just ONCE?? How about you Gasparino??

3. Guest says:

Hmmm. Aveeno baby lotion ad on Dealbreaker. How on earth does this site know what I am up to?

– SEC Senior Manager

4. guest says:

THEY KNOW NOTHING!!!

5. ETFDude says:

"Hold on guys. Lets calm down a little bit"
    -Useless waste of space that doesnt understand good TV

6. Dr_Rosenrose says:

I told viewers, nationwide, on a show dedicated solely to stock picking, to keep their money in BSC.

Obviously I meant don't liquidate your account at Bear Stearns brokerage, which had of course historically catered to the mindless booya-chanting asshats who tune into Mad Money.

• Assburgher says:

Clearly Cramer is a "when I find myself in a hole the obvious way out is to dig harder" kind of guy.

• guest says:

Did BSC even have a retail brokerage? Only prime, I think.

• PermaGuestII says:

No, they had one- about 500 brokers, pretty high-end book of biz. Some HF's, credit unions, corporations, etc. were also covered out of Private Client. Whether an account was covered out of institutional or retail at BSC seemed to depend on whatever Jimmy C had for lunch the day it was opened.

7. PermaGuestII says:

We said the bulkheads were watertight– as long as, you know, the water doesn't run over the top of them.

RMS Titanic Design Team
    Harland & Wolff Ltd.
    Belfast, UK

8. VonSloneker says:

Cramer v. Simon Smuggs Limey Knickers. Cramer is loco, but at least he's not blinded by an English superiority complex and a New Labour love of all things that inch the continent closer to the United States of Europe. So, former pro or roast beef panty man journo…I'll take Cramer

9. wannabe says:

I hated both these clowns.

– Mark Haines

10. Z.. says:

Everytime this man opens his mouth, a value investor sneezes

11. Ace Greenberg says:

Where are my paperclips!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

12. BMadoff says:

I hear ya, Jimbo. No one remembers the legitimate years. Call me. We'll talk.

B. Madoff
    Butner, NC

13. pazzo83 says:

I don't see a problem with Cramer's calls.

– UBS Analyst

14. 16 & Pregnant says:

At first I told her that I've got a 100% track record with the pull-out method….Now, 7 days later she's peeing on a strip and crying…But, for 3 mins there, I was right.

15. Biff says:

Fucking tool

16. Guest says:

Yeah don't force it Jimbo, just get a bigger hammer!

17. DingALing says:

Still waiting for someone to come out with a book titled “How I made my first million betting against Jim Cramer”

Until then, this will suffice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkbdjetlY8

18. DingALing says:

Still waiting for someone to come out with a book titled "How I made my first million betting against Jim Cramer"

Until this, this will suffice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkbdjetlY8

• Guest says:

I'm assuming the "legitimate" BSC call was "if anything they are more likely to be taken over"

You have to give it to the man… he did call it

19. The Truth says:

Another Jew with the initials J.C. getting nailed to the cross

20. Guest says:

Thus the D.E. Shaw interview question: If John Meriwether tells you not to buy a stock Jim Cramer recommends, how do you proceed? Please show your work.

• Guest says:

That's easy

The default is a straddle.

A Strip/Strap should be implemented based on Cramer's position/how loudly he is yelling

• RealALT_est says:

Depends if David is levered up 30-1, and stuck in illiquid EMG loans again.

If he is I tell the interviewer he has 15 minutes to clean out his desk and come work for me at a fund that will survive the next downturn.

If he's not, I tell them I don't fall prey to Appeals to Authority bias.

• John Arnold's Valet says:

Hypnotize an S&P analyst into thinking Cramer's dingleberry picks are "magic beans" and then plant them in Meriwether's front yard assuming they won't grow out 34 standard deviations from their mean.

21. im_new_here says:

Always money in the banana stand!

22. Guest says:

Cramer in this video, starting at 1:55 in:
    "bear is now one of these companies that's selling well below book…normally with a brokerage i like to buy in the money calls…i'm a little gunshy at this point, but i know that i would buy a small position in bear options because it's too low, it fell too fast, but i don't want to buy it when the stock is up."

23. Vincent Gambini says:

Everything that man just said is bullshit. Thank you.

24. Chuck says:

Simon should lay off the charlie before coming on telly.

25. Bax999 says:

LOL he didn't rec Bear Stock in that video but he was pushing it hard all year. what a joke

26. Guest says:

Mr. Cramer, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

27. wahoo says:

Jim, they always forget the legitimate years, try as you may to remind them.

-Bernie

28. Q3t7DT I truly appreciate this blog. Really Great.

29. aVmETx I think this is a real great article.Really thank you! Much obliged.

30. HOTIfv Appreciate you sharing, great article.Much thanks again. Want more.