“I got crucified because I said you can keep your money in Bear Stearns. I got crucified in this country!!! I learned my lesson, you can’t be as confident as you’d like. I never said you should buy Bear Stearns, I said you should keep your money there. In 36 hours Bear Stearns fell apart. It was fine to say it wasn’t going to fall apart and then it fell apart. My first call was that it was okay to keep your money there which turned out to be true.”

1. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM

This man is a genius. One of the greats in the business

– Nails

2. Posted by They know NOTHING!! | August 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM

can someone just give him a REALLY good shot in the nadz? just ONCE?? How about you Gasparino??

3. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Hmmm. Aveeno baby lotion ad on Dealbreaker. How on earth does this site know what I am up to?

– SEC Senior Manager

4. Posted by guest | August 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I think Simon Hobbs might do it later.

5. Posted by guest | August 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

THEY KNOW NOTHING!!!

6. Posted by ETFDude | August 18, 2011 at 12:24 PM

"Hold on guys. Lets calm down a little bit"
    -Useless waste of space that doesnt understand good TV

7. Posted by Dr_Rosenrose | August 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I told viewers, nationwide, on a show dedicated solely to stock picking, to keep their money in BSC.

Obviously I meant don't liquidate your account at Bear Stearns brokerage, which had of course historically catered to the mindless booya-chanting asshats who tune into Mad Money.

8. Posted by PermaGuestII | August 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

We said the bulkheads were watertight– as long as, you know, the water doesn't run over the top of them.

RMS Titanic Design Team
    Harland & Wolff Ltd.
    Belfast, UK

9. Posted by VonSloneker | August 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Cramer v. Simon Smuggs Limey Knickers. Cramer is loco, but at least he's not blinded by an English superiority complex and a New Labour love of all things that inch the continent closer to the United States of Europe. So, former pro or roast beef panty man journo…I'll take Cramer

10. Posted by wannabe | August 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I hated both these clowns.

– Mark Haines

11. Posted by Z.. | August 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Everytime this man opens his mouth, a value investor sneezes

12. Posted by Ace Greenberg | August 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Where are my paperclips!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

13. Posted by BMadoff | August 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I hear ya, Jimbo. No one remembers the legitimate years. Call me. We'll talk.

B. Madoff
    Butner, NC

14. Posted by pazzo83 | August 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I don't see a problem with Cramer's calls.

– UBS Analyst

15. Posted by 16 & Pregnant | August 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM

At first I told her that I've got a 100% track record with the pull-out method….Now, 7 days later she's peeing on a strip and crying…But, for 3 mins there, I was right.

16. Posted by Assburgher | August 18, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Clearly Cramer is a "when I find myself in a hole the obvious way out is to dig harder" kind of guy.

17. Posted by Biff | August 18, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Fucking tool

18. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Yeah don't force it Jimbo, just get a bigger hammer!

19. Posted by DingALing | August 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Still waiting for someone to come out with a book titled “How I made my first million betting against Jim Cramer”

Until then, this will suffice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkbdjetlY8

20. Posted by DingALing | August 18, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Still waiting for someone to come out with a book titled "How I made my first million betting against Jim Cramer"

Until this, this will suffice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkbdjetlY8

21. Posted by The Truth | August 18, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Another Jew with the initials J.C. getting nailed to the cross

22. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I'm assuming the "legitimate" BSC call was "if anything they are more likely to be taken over"

You have to give it to the man… he did call it

23. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Thus the D.E. Shaw interview question: If John Meriwether tells you not to buy a stock Jim Cramer recommends, how do you proceed? Please show your work.

24. Posted by guest | August 18, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Did BSC even have a retail brokerage? Only prime, I think.

25. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM

That's easy

The default is a straddle.

A Strip/Strap should be implemented based on Cramer's position/how loudly he is yelling

26. Posted by im_new_here | August 18, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Always money in the banana stand!

27. Posted by RealALT_est | August 18, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Depends if David is levered up 30-1, and stuck in illiquid EMG loans again.

If he is I tell the interviewer he has 15 minutes to clean out his desk and come work for me at a fund that will survive the next downturn.

If he's not, I tell them I don't fall prey to Appeals to Authority bias.

28. Posted by PermaGuestII | August 18, 2011 at 2:04 PM

No, they had one- about 500 brokers, pretty high-end book of biz. Some HF's, credit unions, corporations, etc. were also covered out of Private Client. Whether an account was covered out of institutional or retail at BSC seemed to depend on whatever Jimmy C had for lunch the day it was opened.

29. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Cramer in this video, starting at 1:55 in:
    "bear is now one of these companies that's selling well below book…normally with a brokerage i like to buy in the money calls…i'm a little gunshy at this point, but i know that i would buy a small position in bear options because it's too low, it fell too fast, but i don't want to buy it when the stock is up."

30. Posted by Vincent Gambini | August 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Everything that man just said is bullshit. Thank you.

31. Posted by Chuck | August 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Simon should lay off the charlie before coming on telly.

32. Posted by ShortNaked | August 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I rate this comment AA+

33. Posted by Bax999 | August 18, 2011 at 2:56 PM

LOL he didn't rec Bear Stock in that video but he was pushing it hard all year. what a joke

34. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Mr. Cramer, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

35. Posted by The Joke Briefer | August 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Respect.

36. Posted by John Arnold's Valet | August 18, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Hypnotize an S&P analyst into thinking Cramer's dingleberry picks are "magic beans" and then plant them in Meriwether's front yard assuming they won't grow out 34 standard deviations from their mean.

37. Posted by wahoo | August 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Jim, they always forget the legitimate years, try as you may to remind them.

-Bernie

38. Posted by Guest | August 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM

nested if, then statements. how do you model THAT?

– AIG quant

39. Posted by Guest Right | August 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hilarious

40. Posted by DingALing | August 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

This is genius.

41. Posted by Guest | August 19, 2011 at 2:44 PM

He ate too many digestive biscuits I think…

42. Posted by Guest | January 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM
  43. Posted by buy oem software | May 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Q3t7DT I truly appreciate this blog. Really Great.

44. Posted by cheap seo services | September 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM

aVmETx I think this is a real great article.Really thank you! Much obliged.

45. Posted by bookmarking submission | September 25, 2012 at 4:53 AM

HOTIfv Appreciate you sharing, great article.Much thanks again. Want more.