News

Let’s Talk About: CFA Level III Results

Fifty-one percent of Level 3 takers have reason to feel really good right about now: the opportunity to attend CFA Camp is so close you can taste it. For the rest of you, whose state of mind is not helped by the fact that more people passed this year than last and yet the Chartered Financial Analyst gods chose not to bring you along for the ride, the promise land is still nothing but a dream.  And, as long as we’re all being honest here, the last several months (/years) have been a nightmare from which you feel like you might never wake up.

In the event you want to express whatever emotions are running high right now, be it anger or sadness, but work in narrow-minded institutions that will presumably not appreciate psychotic meltdowns– the likes of which would have Biff Basness slowly backing out of the room– or JO&C’ing on company property, don’t be shy about letting it out right here. We’re listening.

68 comments

68 Responses to “Let’s Talk About: CFA Level III Results”

1. CFA? says:

I heard nobody cares, is that right?

2. Failure says:

[youtube B3wHwAUQlVc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wHwAUQlVc youtube]

I will not be drinking Bell's tonight. There's always next year.

3. JJTON says:

I need my CFA to learn to read a balance sheet in addition to trade the trend. Where can I get this CFA?

4. guest says:

I don't need a test to tell me i'm Certifiably Fucking Awesome!

-1st yr Goldman Analyst who doesn't know any better yet

5. The Guy Who Got Beat says:

I'm 26. Never before in my life has my ego been bruised. Until now.

6. Bill Tetley says:

I took the PSAT once. Totally fucking owned it.

True story, no homo

7. guest says:

What's a CFA?

– UBS MD

8. RealALT_est says:

Five years for a TLA is the NKI.

9. Guest says:

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, YOU'RE COOL, I'M OUT!!!

10. Hungover says:

I turned up after a Wedding the night before and passed. Seriously, they dropped the bar this year, NFW that makes sense.

11. 2_Small_2_Bail says:

51%? Fuck that. Did some of the markers @ camp get laid this year or??

-Guy who passed last year @ 46% and is now the asshole that wants pass rates lower

12. MFE says:

CFA L3 pass. Not bad at 24.

13. guest says:

Who the fuck made the pics for this post? It takes 4 yours of experience, not three.

14. That Guy says:

None of you passed. I can tell by the improper use of the designation all over this comment section

-That Guy

15. CFA4 says:

chartered fuck analist! see you at level IV bitchez!

16. dontshoot_itsme says:

Halfway around the globe, Abebe, a Ghanaian CFA level III candidate, stubbornly refused to acknowledge that his 2010 exam was, in fact, still not processed and graded.

17. Guest says:

Oh, shit. Mutherf***er piece of !#@#$!

– Ben Bernanke

18. guest says:

Hey, Bess! I passed! Am I now qualified to get a date with you?

– Guy who pursued the CFA designation to get in B.L.'s knickers

19. Stupid Daikini says:

Getting drunk either way…

20. Carlos Irwin Estévez says:

#winning

google me

21. Mr. Market says:

Michael Fernsworth, a 4th year Jefferies tech analyst, is a candidate for the CFA. His boss (7th year Associate Patty Lee) mentioned, while he was studying, that a big job promotion was on the line. Michael just received his level III CFA exam results, and to his horror, did not pass. Patty enters Michael's cubicle and asks how he did. Should Michael:
    (A) Hang his head in shame, and say that he'll try again next year.
    (2) Fist-pump and say "OH YEAH BITCH" and try to bluff his way out
    (D) Get business cards that say "Michael Fernsworth has C.F.A."

22. Braap says:

I've got time to kill here, guess I'll give it a shot.
    -B. Madoff

23. John D. Rogers, CFA says:

Why is this guy driving on the wrong side of the car? And who the hell is AIMR?

24. Oh Dear says:

Zerfoss, David (USA)
    On 11 May 2004, CFA Institute imposed a Summary Suspension against David Zerfoss, pursuant to Article 12.3(c) of the CFA Institute Bylaws and Rule 7.3 of the CFA Institute Rules of Procedure for Proceedings Related to Professional Conduct. Summary Suspension automatically suspends Mr. Zerfoss’ CFA Institute membership, membership in a member society, and right to use the CFA designation. Mr. Zerfoss pleaded guilty in the United States District Court of Hawaii to a violation of Title 18, U.S.C. §2252(a)(4), which is a felony.

25. Put_Option says:

You are a 31-year-old Financial Rep. at Northwestern Mutual. You don't realize that most registered reps are considered jokers who manage their parents assets, and think you are the man. Your marriage is in the toilet and you have a High School crush on a generous 6 blond that works in your office. Its 5pm and you see a water bottle. Do you….
    (A) ROE = [EBIT / sales * sales / total assets – interest / total assets] * total assets / equity * [1 – tax / net before tax]
    (B) The upper limit of the estimate for the y-intercept is 4.13