• 10 Aug 2011 at 4:16 PM

TSF Is Back

Wall Street is set to cut over 100,000 financial services employees by the end of the year. The Dow dropped 521 points today. Harbinger Capital Partners muse Wilbur Falcone was just dealt a horrible blow. While some of you may think we get off on writing about Wall Street getting its teeth knocked out, in truth, it’s really just as much a buzz kill for us as it is for those taking it up the tailpipe. So we’ve decided to do something about it, in an admittedly self-serving effort to cheer ourselves up (it’s strange, but making you feel good makes us feel good). And here’s what it is: WE’RE BRINGING BACK THE SANDWICH FAIRY.
For those of you who need a refresher, TSF was introduced decades ago (actual time: April ’08), after a hero named Oyster Boy successfully downed 244 oysters in one hour at Ulysses (we started by sending OB a congratulatory cheesesteak from Delmonico’s and from there it escalated into sending lunch to any old financial services hack each week). After a good run (and the sandwich welfare program fell by the wayside) we put it into retirement.

But now feels like as good at time as ever as to bring that shit back. Know someone who you think deserves a visit from The Sandwich Fairy? Send your nominations to tips at dealbreaker dot com. We’ll start tomorrow and do this weekly through Labor Day, perhaps through the year if your play your cards right. (Please be advised that TSF will come bearing food from whatever establishment you’d like so long as it delivers and accepts American Express. For the neophytes among us, do us all a favor and review TSF Guidelines.)

1. Posted by Biff | August 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hold the Mayo

2. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I told you the pig would not be able to come up with an engineering solution.

3. Posted by I'm a Dude | August 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I'd like to sandwich Bess and Keira Knightley

4. Posted by B2b MD | August 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM

lights on, rails of pixie dust snorted through her wand, bent over the footboard, Carmen Diaz dressed as Peter Pan giving a good ol' fashion to Captain Hook in the corner.

-Not the lights on/off guy, but a big fan of his work

5. Posted by guest | August 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Is Carmen Diaz Cameron's Mexican half sister?

6. Posted by ShortNaked | August 10, 2011 at 4:39 PM

No turkey unless its club

7. Posted by Last Man Standing | August 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM

weekly until Labor day? thats like 3 days. and most people worth their weight are out for at least one week from now till labor day.
    why so cheap Bess?

8. Posted by B2b MD | August 10, 2011 at 4:47 PM

No, she's the teller at my local Chase Branch

9. Posted by guest | August 10, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Kill yourself.

10. Posted by 2_Small_2_Bail | August 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM

"making you feel good makes us feel good"

Paging Confused Commenter. PS. Disqus no longer works.

11. Posted by Last Man Standing | August 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM

with what?

12. Posted by guest | August 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I'm assuming this was a reference to Hook, in which case you should know that Tinkerbell was played by Julia Roberts, not Cameron Diaz. Other than that I have no concerns.

-guy with 2 kids and no life

13. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 5:12 PM

with me in the middle.

14. Posted by guest | August 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Your sharp (as a spoon) wit

15. Posted by Guest2 | August 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM

You had something, then blew it.

16. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

are you sure? are you sure you dont want to be on the outside?

17. Posted by Lewis Winthorpe III | August 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Wait, are you still giving Champale and Penthouses with the sandwiches, too?

18. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I nominate the chick who got jizzed in the water bottle. And the JPM model intern.

19. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Do financial service hacks "working" in Montauk for the month qualify?

20. Posted by Anonymous | August 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Bob Kelly (CEO of BNY Mellon) or Gerald Hassell (President of BNY Mellon)… they probably can’t afford lunch since they’ve taken to charging for deposits (+ all those layoffs).

– bitter BNYM employee

21. Posted by Guest | August 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM

What're your thoughts on mini tooth picks? I'm for 'em!

22. Posted by Name | August 11, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Humblebrag?

23. Posted by Guest CFA | August 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM

While we're digging into the DB archives, I really could stand for Muffy to make a return appearance.

24. Posted by Guest | August 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM

When will the anal fairy be back?

-Ping

25. Posted by wahoo | August 11, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member, man. I don't know how I get away with it.

26. Posted by wahoo | August 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM

So did I.

-Guy with a fresh oyster in his pants

27. Posted by Bam-Bam | August 11, 2011 at 3:47 PM