News

Layoffs Watch ’11: Goldman Sachs

Apparently the previously suggested cuts have begun.

FYI: Layoffs in GS IBD started slowly and quietly yesterday…some in London and SF and in New York…so far it’s ‪senior associate levels‬ that have been affected.

36 comments

36 Responses to “Layoffs Watch ’11: Goldman Sachs”

1. The Goldman Way says:

Slowly and Quietly? Very considerate of them. I'm proud that they are handling this with class.

2. Guest_of_Honor says:

If we start firing bankers the terrorists (OWS) have already won. :(

3. Hummus says:

If Goldman Sachs doesn't want your services doing god's work, then it is their loss.

Screw them.

We got signs waiting to be made.

Come on down to OWS

4. Guest says:

There have been layoffs in IMD too. Several members of the quant team have been fired.

5. Here ye Here ye all Goldman employees that have been laid off,

Join the UBS team where we provide a generous package of:

1) 1 Honda Civic, emerald colored, only 70K miles. Great for driving around with your buddies to Applebees!

2) A generous associate investment banking starting salary of $36K a year. This includes an annual bonus of $300 (if performance merits of course!) plus a $50 gift certificate to…You guessed it – APPLEBEES!

3) Every 5th oil change on your civic is on THE HOUSE!

4) We provide you with a discounted studio apartment located near UBS campus. There is no kitchen but no problem, there is a hot plate plugged into the bathroom!

See you at our recruiting event at Devry University!!

-UBS HR

6. Guest says:

Bess are you going to poach GS talent again?

7. Guest says:

I used to be at Goldman. But then I lost my job when a horrible car accident left me without the ability to speak or control my bowels.

– UBS MD

8. Eggplant Parm says:

Goldman Senior Associate = UBS Global Head

9. Guest says:

Hope they get rid of drones from back office in Jersey City. Sick of them.

10. Mexi_Cant says:

After my 3rd redbull vodka, I just realized something. The prosectors say that insider trading is not a victimless crime, that the company who's shares are traded gets hurt…so Goldman is a mother fucking victim! Why ain't nobody feeling sorry for goldman, Raj hurt them.

11. Guest says:

I wish I could get fired from Goldman.

-UBS Rainmaker

12. Guest says:

This is the plan. The total Layoffs in 2011 at Goldman will have aggregate salaries equal to the desired expenditure on 2011 bonuses and cost of living increases for those remaining.

13. sucker says:

Goldman prides itself on their culture. LOYALTY. How is this been translated to the new hires???

14. SUCKER says:

Goldman got rid of most of all ops people with experience, without any remorse, these people worked their ass off, sacrifice their living. They build this CO. What did they did get in return? Nothing!!! Just got the top more wealth, we got SCREWED. THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE. IS REALLY UNFAIR.!!!

15. #occupythat says:

theyre better off… who wants to work at one of americas most disliked firms?

16. I'M one of the 53% says:

I see an employment arbitrage opportunity here! As the USA moves away from capitalism to unadulterated communism these GS ASSHOLES can go to work in the SEC for 10-20% of their former salaries. The NKI for terminated GS swarf as the Kommisars party is now looking for friends from the street. For all you ex-GS people out there don't see this as a loss, see it as an opportunity! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done in what is essentially a zero sum game………You did your job too well! Now the customers have had to sink all their yachts and have come to the realization that your doing God's work.

17. Guest says:

Sorry to hear about new round of layoffs. No matter where you work, getting laid off sucks. Getting laid off during the holiday season really sucks.

18. guest says:

GS is the biggest piece of shit firm on the street. They laid off one of my boys a few months back on the day before his wedding. Another guy I know was laid off from GS just weeks after his mother passed away after a bout with cancer. I understand that WS is a cutt-throat culture but things like this have a tendency to come back and bite you. There used to be a time when saying you worked for GS meant something….that day is long gone. Now the firm has been knocked off its pedastool and it couldn't of happened to worse people.