Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
- 18 Oct 2011 at 3:19 PM
Prior to his turn as an investment banker/research analyst/junior trader/private wealth manager/PE guy in Money Never Sleeps, Shia Labeouf spent a lot of time on the Street, learning the tricks of the trade. At the Encino Charles Schwab office, he learned how to turn $20,000 into $489,000 in less than three months. A Citi, he learned how to program Bloomberg into his speed dial. At John Thomas Financial, he learned how to trade on his flip-phone. And at a diner in Lower Manhattan, after hesitating on American or Cheddar, he learned the hard way how one does and doesn’t get a job at Goldman Sachs. Unfortunately, one bit of wisdom Shia’s guru’s never thought to instill in him was how to go head to head with Marilyn Manson or take a punch from a shirtless guy in Canada.
Actor Shia LaBeouf was knocked to the ground and repeatedly punched in the head during a wild brawl outside a nightclub in Vancouver, British Columbia. Video footage shows a disheveled LaBeouf being attacked by an unidentified shirtless man outside a bar called Cinema Public House. The “Transformers” star gets to his feet and attempts to hit back but is restrained by a friend who can be heard saying, “You gotta lay low right now!” LaBeouf, 25, and the other man began arguing inside the bar. After security kicked them out, the attacker ripped off his shirt and began throwing punches at LaBeouf.
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Opening Bell: 12.18.14
- Bonus Watch '14: Jefferies
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com