• 28 Nov 2011 at 7:29 PM

Area Greenwich Man: Shoulda Been Me

All Frank Farricker is saying is that if he’d bought the winning Powerball ticket? He would’ve acted like it meant something to him, unlike Mr. It’d Kill Me To Crack A Smile over here.

Farricker, a fellow Greenwich resident who is chairman of the Connecticut Lottery Corp., presented a poster-sized check to the trio during a news conference Monday. “To their credit, they did show up to Rocky Hill in a very large stretch limo,” Farricker told Greenwich Time. “They were in suits.”…When Farricker left lottery headquarters Monday, he said that officials there were in the processing of cutting a single check to the winners of the historic jackpot. “I think I would have cried if I had actually seen the check,” Farricker said. “My joke to people is if I ever won a lottery like that, my press conference would be at the airport.”

Greenwich trio collect Powerball jackpot [Greenwich Time]

1. Posted by Matt Levine | November 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Damn, this guy is really funny.

2. Posted by Millionaire Nxt Door | November 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

If he was a real asshole, he would have showed up in his 2001 F-150.

3. Posted by Snobby Greenwich Guy | November 28, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Its barely enough in seed capital to get an audience with Albourne. I don't know why everyone is so interested in this story.

4. Posted by I'M one of the 53% | November 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Making your bounus the blue collar way, the NEW NKI!

5. Posted by Dagny Taggart | November 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

@MillionaireNxtDoor- he would have showed up in a Murcielago LP 640, given the 750 is probably still on back order. God Bless the 1%

6. Posted by guest | November 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM

do you need him to explain the F-150 joke?

7. Posted by guest | November 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM

yes please

- guy who doesnt get it

8. Posted by Bristol Airport Hotels | April 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

y6vJZH A round of applause for your blog.Thanks Again. Really Great.

9. Posted by Aldo Town | September 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM