• 04 Nov 2011 at 5:52 PM

Former Corzine Colleague Totally Called This

Fuzzy thinking and winging it might not lead to total disaster at a place like Goldman, which eventually worked its way out of the Long-Term Capital mess, but it could, and did, at a place like MF Global, a midsize brokerage firm where the CEO has a free hand. “That’s why the meltdown didn’t really surprise me,” says another former colleague. “What happened is typical Corzine.” [TDB/Charlie Gasparino]

1. Posted by agreatdaytothink | November 4, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I bought 20-yr puts on MF back during the Long Term crises. It was all too obvious then that this day would eventually come.

– Gartman

2. Posted by UFO | November 4, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Fuzzy thinking and winging it flies? I'm applying to GS soon. I'm tired of keeping track of every fucking detail

– guy who got bored and was reading dealbreaker at a club

3. Posted by Guest | November 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Let me walk you through my resume.

– UBS MD

4. Posted by GS aluminium | November 5, 2011 at 7:29 AM

CG with his shinny 20-20 hindsight. Fucking tool.

-not JC

5. Posted by Kelley MBA | November 5, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I read a case study about Coca-Cola once. It wsa relly interesting.

6. Posted by Creole Jones | November 5, 2011 at 3:59 PM

> “What happened is typical Corzine.”

hahaha, silly Corzine, always kidding around.

7. Posted by Red Sox Guy | November 7, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Corzine being Corine

Manny Ramirez

8. Posted by Guest | November 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM

✔ Be a do-nothing U.S. Senator
    ✔ Speed the downfall of a major state as a weak governor
    ✔ Destroy a Wall Street firm

Anything else on your to-do list, Jon? Please, warn us before hand.

9. Posted by bookmarking service | September 10, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Ulyu6Z Great blog.Really thank you! Want more.