- 14 Dec 2011 at 1:13 PM
As some of you may recall, last year in an interview with the Finanacial Times, Bob Diamond revealed the secret to Barclays success: “a no-jerks policy on hiring, taken seriously from the top executive suites on down.” Unfortunately, despite a rigorous interview process, some pricks still slip through. Deadly serious about not having time for these types, Diamond said last week that he does not hesitate to can their asses, in some cases boxing up their belongings himself. And yet. The numbers quoted by The Enforcer seem suspiciously high.
The American-born chief executive of Barclays said he does not care how good people are at what they do, if they are not suitable, they will be asked to leave. Mr Diamond said if bankers act like ‘Prima Donnas’ or don’t get along with their colleagues they can work elsehwere. ‘You know what a jerk is when you see it,’ he said. ‘If we ever ignore the rule it always comes back to haunt us.’ So far he claims he’s ‘ditched 40 executives just for being jerks.’
- Is Bob Diamond Padding His Jerk-Firing Numbers? December 14, 2011
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Man Posting Photos Of Near-Naked Women To Instagram Amazingly Has Lots Of Followers September 17, 2014
- Peter Thiel Will Not Be Opening A South Indian Restaurant In Silicon Valley September 17, 2014
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.18.14 September 18, 2014
- Tom Brady Could've Been The Tom Brady Of Merrill Lynch September 18, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Bank of America September 16, 2014
- Peter Thiel Having Trouble Forming An Opinion On Twitter September 17, 2014
- Goldman Sachs: Teacher’s Pet September 16, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com