- 14 Dec 2011 at 1:13 PM
As some of you may recall, last year in an interview with the Finanacial Times, Bob Diamond revealed the secret to Barclays success: “a no-jerks policy on hiring, taken seriously from the top executive suites on down.” Unfortunately, despite a rigorous interview process, some pricks still slip through. Deadly serious about not having time for these types, Diamond said last week that he does not hesitate to can their asses, in some cases boxing up their belongings himself. And yet. The numbers quoted by The Enforcer seem suspiciously high.
The American-born chief executive of Barclays said he does not care how good people are at what they do, if they are not suitable, they will be asked to leave. Mr Diamond said if bankers act like ‘Prima Donnas’ or don’t get along with their colleagues they can work elsehwere. ‘You know what a jerk is when you see it,’ he said. ‘If we ever ignore the rule it always comes back to haunt us.’ So far he claims he’s ‘ditched 40 executives just for being jerks.’
- Is Bob Diamond Padding His Jerk-Firing Numbers? December 14, 2011
- Who Wants To Buy A Las Vegas Resort? April 16, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Suggests NYTimes Sleep With One Eye Open April 16, 2014
- Steve Cohen Needs Your Best Trade Ideas April 16, 2014
- Start Looking For ‘High-Utility’ Insults To Replace The Obscure Ones You’ve Been Using April 16, 2014
- Bonus Watch ’14: BlackRock CEOs April 16, 2014
- Charlie Gasparino Only Puts Homemade Super Unleaded Gasoline Into His Muscle Machine, Not That Diesel Crap Herbalife Sells April 16, 2014
- What Fate Awaits The Next People To Question Charlie Gasparino’s Reporting: A Continuing Series November 1, 2013
- Paul Flowers Now Really Sorry About Those Times He Bought Coke, Crystal Meth April 16, 2014
- Write-Offs: 04.16.14 April 16, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com