- 14 Dec 2011 at 1:13 PM
As some of you may recall, last year in an interview with the Finanacial Times, Bob Diamond revealed the secret to Barclays success: “a no-jerks policy on hiring, taken seriously from the top executive suites on down.” Unfortunately, despite a rigorous interview process, some pricks still slip through. Deadly serious about not having time for these types, Diamond said last week that he does not hesitate to can their asses, in some cases boxing up their belongings himself. And yet. The numbers quoted by The Enforcer seem suspiciously high.
The American-born chief executive of Barclays said he does not care how good people are at what they do, if they are not suitable, they will be asked to leave. Mr Diamond said if bankers act like ‘Prima Donnas’ or don’t get along with their colleagues they can work elsehwere. ‘You know what a jerk is when you see it,’ he said. ‘If we ever ignore the rule it always comes back to haunt us.’ So far he claims he’s ‘ditched 40 executives just for being jerks.’
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- All JP Morgan Wants Is One Billion Dollars
- Bonus Watch '14: Babies Born In The Next 7.5 Hours
- Goldman Sachs Just Wants A Winner
- Ex-Analyst Gets Four Months For Every Person He Told About Thing He Wasn’t Supposed To Know About
- Opening Bell: 10.20.14
- Bonus Watch ’14: Goldman Sachs
- Bob Diamond's Daughter Releases Statement Re: Father's Firing
- In Its Heart, UBS Is The Descendent Of German Jews Whose Art Was Seized By Nazis
- Compensation Watch '14: Fed Chairs
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com