• 06 Dec 2011 at 3:03 PM

Layoffs Watch ’11: Citi

Cuts still going down at the House of Vikram.

“More layoffs happened at Citi yesterday, in S&T and commodities, with apparently with more to come.”

1. Posted by ChukG | December 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Real shiti

2. Posted by Markus Niku | December 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM

these jobs will never return…

3. Posted by guest | December 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Slick Vik: The reason we're having this conversation is your position is no longer available.

Former Citi Employee: I don't understand. I'm fired?

Slick Vik: Hearing the words "You've been let go" is never easy. Change is always scary, but consider the following: anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. And it's because they sat there that they were able to do it.

Former Citi Employee: But what happens now?

Slick Vik: This is the first step of a process that will end with you in a new job that fulfills you. Yeah, but how does it work? Take the packet in front of you. Review it – all the answers you're looking for are inside.
    Start filling out the necessary information and before you know it you will be on your way to new opportunities.
    Now, I need you to go back to your desk and start putting together your things. As a favour to me, I'd appreciate it if you didn't spread the news just yet. Panic doesn't help anyone.

Former Citi Employee: I understand.

4. Posted by Guest | December 6, 2011 at 3:22 PM

JPM's hiring. See previous DB item. Good luck.

5. Posted by ChukG | December 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM

One spot vacated by a tool that can't keep his shlong in his pants? I don't think so.

– jd

6. Posted by different guest | December 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM

wtf were you thinking when you wrote this?

7. Posted by Just a Gues(s)t | December 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

That you were familiar with the move Up In The Air.

8. Posted by Guest | December 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

what does S&T stand for?

9. Posted by ChukG | December 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Sky & Telecscope

10. Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I'd personally fire the guy on the screen too. Douchebag.

-Brian

11. Posted by HAM05 | December 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM

samosas & things

12. Posted by Veyner | December 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Steak & Tips

13. Posted by Guest | December 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Personally I prefer to enter the room and ask if we are here about the promotion I was up for before they even get to fire me.

14. Posted by Nope | December 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM

"Tits"

15. Posted by Quizzer | December 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Saturdays and Tuesdays. Now, for bonus points, can you tell me what you think S&Th stands for??

16. Posted by Guest | December 6, 2011 at 5:07 PM

That puts some context on the ".. and apparently more to come." ending to that story. Not that one would suspect a meaning any other.

17. Posted by Chief | December 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Sugar & tits

– Mel G.

18. Posted by Anon | December 6, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Style of boots?

-guy who can tell things from boots

19. Posted by Fixed Income | December 6, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Surf and Turf

– AIG FP Restaurant Quant

20. Posted by Guest | December 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM

commodities cuts are commonplace these days

21. Posted by alligator juice | December 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM

on a more serious note, it stands for securities and transactions

22. Posted by Cut Me | December 7, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Sex & Tacos

23. Posted by Guest | December 7, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Across the wrists is just a cry for help. From wrist up to inside of elbow is the real deal.

24. Posted by bookmarking service | September 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM

nEA9sU Major thankies for the blog.Really thank you! Great.

25. Posted by NEAA | October 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I truly appreciate this article. Fantastic.