- 23 Feb 2012 at 10:49 AM
Steve Cohen Hedges Dodgers Deal With Mets Stake, Order Of Fleece-Lined Jock Straps For The Whole TeamBy Bess Levin
The Mets have received commitments from billionaire hedge-fund investor Steve Cohen and six other investors to purchase $20 million minority shares in their embattled club, sources familiar with the deal told the Daily News on Wednesday. The team expects to secure commitments for three remaining shares in the near future, and hopes to complete the offering soon, the sources said. The Daily News first reported last month that the Mets were close to finalizing at least five of the $20 million shares. The stake in the Mets would not prevent Cohen, ranked 35th last year in Forbes’ “400 Richest People in America,” from purchasing the Dodgers, but he would have to sell his interest in the Mets if he completes the deal for the Los Angeles team. [NYDN, related]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Rich People Are People, Too
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Paulson, Soros Wouldn’t Mind Taking That Home Builder Off Spain’s Hands
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com