- 23 Feb 2012 at 10:49 AM
Steve Cohen Hedges Dodgers Deal With Mets Stake, Order Of Fleece-Lined Jock Straps For The Whole TeamBy Bess Levin
The Mets have received commitments from billionaire hedge-fund investor Steve Cohen and six other investors to purchase $20 million minority shares in their embattled club, sources familiar with the deal told the Daily News on Wednesday. The team expects to secure commitments for three remaining shares in the near future, and hopes to complete the offering soon, the sources said. The Daily News first reported last month that the Mets were close to finalizing at least five of the $20 million shares. The stake in the Mets would not prevent Cohen, ranked 35th last year in Forbes’ “400 Richest People in America,” from purchasing the Dodgers, but he would have to sell his interest in the Mets if he completes the deal for the Los Angeles team. [NYDN, related]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Christmas Comes Early At Casa De Falcone
- Sleep Where Ken Griffin (And The Soon-To-Be Ex-Mrs. Griffin) Hath Slept
- Opening Bell: 11.26.14
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Coming Soon: Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Part IV
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com