- 22 Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
As you may have noticed, when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie doesn’t like a position someone has taken, he generally responds with some variation of telling the person taking it to go fuck themselves. Usually he adds little flourishes, like exaggeratedly rolling his eyes, or storming out of the room, or mocking people for being too sensitive, or letting his adversaries (constituents et al.) know that the decisions he makes are “none of their business,” or telling them things like “you should see me when I’m really pissed” and “get the hell off the beach– you’re done.” Most of the time he gives off the vibe that he would love to punctuate his comment by throwing the contents of a large fountain soda in his sparring partner’s face but he’s an elected official so a little restraint must be shown.
In an interview yesterday, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s call to raise taxes on the super rich and, spoiler alert, he thinks the Oracle of Omaha should shut his trap and fast, ’cause the Governor no longer wants to hear it. Christie sent the message via Piers Morgan but rest assured he’d gladly do it in person.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- ‘Exploiting A Loophole In Banking Regulation And Using It To Unduly Influence Commodities Markets’ Is Not One Of Goldman’s Best Trading Ideas For Next Year
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com