- 22 Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
As you may have noticed, when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie doesn’t like a position someone has taken, he generally responds with some variation of telling the person taking it to go fuck themselves. Usually he adds little flourishes, like exaggeratedly rolling his eyes, or storming out of the room, or mocking people for being too sensitive, or letting his adversaries (constituents et al.) know that the decisions he makes are “none of their business,” or telling them things like “you should see me when I’m really pissed” and “get the hell off the beach– you’re done.” Most of the time he gives off the vibe that he would love to punctuate his comment by throwing the contents of a large fountain soda in his sparring partner’s face but he’s an elected official so a little restraint must be shown.
In an interview yesterday, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s call to raise taxes on the super rich and, spoiler alert, he thinks the Oracle of Omaha should shut his trap and fast, ’cause the Governor no longer wants to hear it. Christie sent the message via Piers Morgan but rest assured he’d gladly do it in person.
- Warren Buffett Is Working Chris Christie's Last Nerve February 22, 2012
- Ray Dalio Not Sure Why Recording People Talking About A Colleague's Mistakes And Weaknesses And Then Playing Back The Tape For Said Colleague Would Be Viewed As Anything Other Than Positive September 22, 2014
- UBS Not Going To Let France Make An Example Of Its Admittedly Illegal Business Practices September 22, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.22.14 September 22, 2014
- Harvard Professor Been Waiting 39 Years To Nail Lloyd Blankfein To The Wall September 18, 2014
- Bond Lovers Should Run And Hide: Julian Robertson September 22, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Destin, FL Can’t Compete With One Man’s Alibaba Excitement September 22, 2014
- Blackstone Is Taking A Break From Russia September 22, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Whistleblower From Who All Would-Be Whistleblowers Could Learn A Thing Or Two September 22, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com