- 22 Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
As you may have noticed, when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie doesn’t like a position someone has taken, he generally responds with some variation of telling the person taking it to go fuck themselves. Usually he adds little flourishes, like exaggeratedly rolling his eyes, or storming out of the room, or mocking people for being too sensitive, or letting his adversaries (constituents et al.) know that the decisions he makes are “none of their business,” or telling them things like “you should see me when I’m really pissed” and “get the hell off the beach– you’re done.” Most of the time he gives off the vibe that he would love to punctuate his comment by throwing the contents of a large fountain soda in his sparring partner’s face but he’s an elected official so a little restraint must be shown.
In an interview yesterday, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s call to raise taxes on the super rich and, spoiler alert, he thinks the Oracle of Omaha should shut his trap and fast, ’cause the Governor no longer wants to hear it. Christie sent the message via Piers Morgan but rest assured he’d gladly do it in person.
- Warren Buffett Is Working Chris Christie's Last Nerve February 22, 2012
- Argentina Ready To Solve This Thing If You’ll Just Give It Everything It Wants July 25, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Thinks World’s Just About Over This Whole Apple Fad July 25, 2014
- Opening Bell: 07.25.14 July 25, 2014
- Bill Ackman Hates The Hell Out Of Herbalife Because God Damnit He Loves America July 22, 2014
- Bear Stearns Exec Who Straddled World Of Wall Street And Magicianry Is No Longer July 25, 2014
- Deutsche Bank CFO Probably Doing Some Soul-Searching Right About Now July 23, 2014
- Opening Bell: 07.24.14 July 24, 2014
- David Tepper's Lucky Charm(s) December 21, 2009
- Wharton Alums Not Interested In Spending Any More Time Together Than Absolutely Necessary July 24, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com