- 22 Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
As you may have noticed, when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie doesn’t like a position someone has taken, he generally responds with some variation of telling the person taking it to go fuck themselves. Usually he adds little flourishes, like exaggeratedly rolling his eyes, or storming out of the room, or mocking people for being too sensitive, or letting his adversaries (constituents et al.) know that the decisions he makes are “none of their business,” or telling them things like “you should see me when I’m really pissed” and “get the hell off the beach– you’re done.” Most of the time he gives off the vibe that he would love to punctuate his comment by throwing the contents of a large fountain soda in his sparring partner’s face but he’s an elected official so a little restraint must be shown.
In an interview yesterday, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s call to raise taxes on the super rich and, spoiler alert, he thinks the Oracle of Omaha should shut his trap and fast, ’cause the Governor no longer wants to hear it. Christie sent the message via Piers Morgan but rest assured he’d gladly do it in person.
- Warren Buffett Is Working Chris Christie's Last Nerve February 22, 2012
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- If Chris Rokos Isn’t Allowed To Lose $383 Million At Brevan Howard, He Should Damn Well Be Allowed To Lose It Somewhere Else! August 27, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Investor Relations Exec Charged With Insider Trading Opts For Business Extremely Casual At Court Appearance August 27, 2014
- Steve Ballmer Offers Primer On How To Buy A Major League Sports Team August 26, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Goldman Tells Potential Partners Not To Get Their Hopes Up August 25, 2014
- MF Global Wants $1 Billion For PricewaterhouseCoopers's (Allegedly) Not Good, Really Bad Advice August 27, 2014
- David Einhorn Wants Apple To Issue Pretty Much All The Preferred Stock In The World February 21, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com