- 22 Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
As you may have noticed, when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie doesn’t like a position someone has taken, he generally responds with some variation of telling the person taking it to go fuck themselves. Usually he adds little flourishes, like exaggeratedly rolling his eyes, or storming out of the room, or mocking people for being too sensitive, or letting his adversaries (constituents et al.) know that the decisions he makes are “none of their business,” or telling them things like “you should see me when I’m really pissed” and “get the hell off the beach– you’re done.” Most of the time he gives off the vibe that he would love to punctuate his comment by throwing the contents of a large fountain soda in his sparring partner’s face but he’s an elected official so a little restraint must be shown.
In an interview yesterday, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s call to raise taxes on the super rich and, spoiler alert, he thinks the Oracle of Omaha should shut his trap and fast, ’cause the Governor no longer wants to hear it. Christie sent the message via Piers Morgan but rest assured he’d gladly do it in person.
- All JP Morgan Wants Is One Billion Dollars
- Bar Mitzvah Boy Tim Sykes Resurfaces On Below Deck, Gives Crew Stock Tips
- Bonus Watch ’14: Goldman Sachs
- Ex-Analyst Gets Four Months For Every Person He Told About Thing He Wasn’t Supposed To Know About
- Compensation Watch '14: Fed Chairs
- Steve Cohen Makes Money For Steve Cohen
- Brett Icahn Has To Write ‘Dad Was Right About Netflix’ 200 Million Times
- Commodity Hedge Fund Manager Will Get It Right Next Time
- Write-Offs: 10.16.14
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Jefferies
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com