- 17 May 2012 at 1:47 PM
Boxing Coach Eric Kelly Would Call Wall Street Clients ‘Nerd POS Miscreants’ Even If He Wasn’t Getting PaidBy Bess Levin
Back in the day, Eric Kelly was a four-time National Amateur Boxing champion, who won the NYC Golden Gloves tournament twice, was ranked number one in the country and number four in the world. Then he took a pool cue to the eye and it ended his career. And while Kelly misses doing what he loves, some might say he currently has pretty, pretty sweet gig: teaching financial services hacks how to box by telling them how much they suck.
In this delightful Animal New York video, Kelly takes us through his process, which involves walking around the Church Street Boxing Gym and calling the Wall Street guys he (doesn’t) train: “dumb motherfuckers,” “fucking nerds,” and “pieces of shit.” Early on in the tour, he informs the cameraman that “practically all of these motherfuckers suck.” He tells one client, “That’s a hook, retard,” with no further guidance. He asks another, “Where’d you get those shorts from? They look like 1972 NBA Eastern Conference Shorts. It looks like all the nerds in the world decided to have a convention on your body.” Later, he expresses his desire for “some of these cats to lose the address to this place,” wisely noting that “Not everything is for everybody– you don’t see me going to motherfucking Wall Street, picking up a briefcase trying to type.” Still though, Kelly says he “Couldn’t ask for a better job, even if the people are…miscreants.”
- Boxing Coach Eric Kelly Would Call Wall Street Clients 'Nerd POS Miscreants' Even If He Wasn't Getting Paid May 17, 2012
- Looking To Become The Next Silicon Valley Billionaire? Schlep Someone Else's Sh*t Around The Desert For A Week August 21, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Bonus Watch ’14: Hedge Fund Cogs August 21, 2014
- Steve Cohen Betting On Steve Cohen August 21, 2014
- Dealbreaker Chef de Cuisine Says Cook This Now: Chinese Spare Ribs August 21, 2014
- Lehman Trustee Not Sure How $4 Billion In Barclays Pocket Adds Up To $0 August 21, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '15: The Youth Of Goldman Sachs August 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Research Reveals Junior Bankers "Fairly Pleased About" Not Working 100 Hour/Week Anymore August 19, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.21.14 August 21, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com