- 17 May 2012 at 1:47 PM
Boxing Coach Eric Kelly Would Call Wall Street Clients ‘Nerd POS Miscreants’ Even If He Wasn’t Getting PaidBy Bess Levin
Back in the day, Eric Kelly was a four-time National Amateur Boxing champion, who won the NYC Golden Gloves tournament twice, was ranked number one in the country and number four in the world. Then he took a pool cue to the eye and it ended his career. And while Kelly misses doing what he loves, some might say he currently has pretty, pretty sweet gig: teaching financial services hacks how to box by telling them how much they suck.
In this delightful Animal New York video, Kelly takes us through his process, which involves walking around the Church Street Boxing Gym and calling the Wall Street guys he (doesn’t) train: “dumb motherfuckers,” “fucking nerds,” and “pieces of shit.” Early on in the tour, he informs the cameraman that “practically all of these motherfuckers suck.” He tells one client, “That’s a hook, retard,” with no further guidance. He asks another, “Where’d you get those shorts from? They look like 1972 NBA Eastern Conference Shorts. It looks like all the nerds in the world decided to have a convention on your body.” Later, he expresses his desire for “some of these cats to lose the address to this place,” wisely noting that “Not everything is for everybody– you don’t see me going to motherfucking Wall Street, picking up a briefcase trying to type.” Still though, Kelly says he “Couldn’t ask for a better job, even if the people are…miscreants.”
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com