• 08 May 2012 at 12:50 PM

Yahoo! RésuméGate: Day 6

Patti S. Hart, the Yahoo director who headed the board search committee that picked Scott Thompson as the company’s chief executive, will not stand for re-election, a person briefed on the matter told DealBook on Tuesday. Ms. Hart’s departure, which could be announced as soon as Tuesday afternoon, is the first significant response by Yahoo amid the growing controversy over Mr. Thompson’s academic record. The company is also expected to formally announce later on Tuesday the formation of a three-member board committee to investigate Mr. Thompson’s hiring and how erroneous academic information appeared in official company documents…Before last Thursday, Mr. Thompson’s biography said he had earned both accounting and computer science degrees from Stonehill College in Massachusetts. After prodding by the hedge fund Third Point last week, Yahoo conceded that Mr. Thompson had earned only an accounting degree. Ms. Hart’s biographical information also misstated her academic credentials, saying she had a degree in marketing and economics when it was in business administration. [Dealbook, earlier]

1. Posted by Ice Man | May 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I'd like to submit my resume. I hold an MBA from Princeton.

2. Posted by Leo | May 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Does he like being held?

3. Posted by Strong sell | May 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Finally some accountability. We simply cannot have people working at Yahoo that don't even bother to check the resumes of incoming CEOs. We have taken care of the problem and are moving forward.

-Scott Thompson

4. Posted by Dan Loeb | May 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

This is what you get when you hire a CEO from Monsters.com

5. Posted by davidrusso | May 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

In all fairness, the hiring committee was probably forced to use Yahoo to do the background search, so….

6. Posted by ANo Nymous | May 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Obama claimed his undergraduate diploma was in "Political Science and International Relations" (NY Times October 30 2007, Janny Scott) and elsewhere said it was in "national security" when COlumbia only has an undergraduate department in Political Science. In Thomson's day, computer courses were taught by statistics, electronics, accounting and toher departments. But which liberal media would challenge the professulas who invented Obama so they can continue to rape the taxpayer with their grants? The real JOKER is Gengis Icahn who tore down Yahoo to elevate the Big Brother Gog Google. Yahoo had Briefcase long before anyone dreamed of clouds but he shut it down. Yahoo Shopping and Wallet were decimated because the competed with Ebay and Paypal. Even the sophisticated boolean language of AltaVista was destroyed so we all depend on Google's hidden deal which let trial lawyers give you false science so you can hire them.

7. Posted by Woman | May 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hey! Examine your motives! Oh, wait…

8. Posted by guest | May 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

So much for the belief that the board has no hart.

9. Posted by Lysergic A.D. | May 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I hope you brought enough to share with everyone.

10. Posted by Bandersnatch | May 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Best comment I've read in a long time
    - T Kaczynski

11. Posted by Not Crazy | May 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Just a couple quick questions;

"Electronics Department?", are we talking AV club or the going out of business sale at RadioShack

"False science" of trial lawyers?, is this a straight red herring paragraph close?

And lastly, who killed Kennedy?

12. Posted by Neil Peart | May 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  13. Posted by guest | May 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Who killed Lechmere? They had a good electronics department.

14. Posted by Guest | May 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hey bess- how much much is yoga fag Loeb paying you to post these stories and delete Loeb insults from the comment section?

15. Posted by guest | May 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

More like Resumegate: gay 6

16. Posted by guest | May 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Based on the way that was written I'd say AltaVista is alive and well.

17. Posted by LaxBro | May 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

AM I RITEEE?!?!?!?

18. Posted by larwal | May 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

was there a search firm involved

19. Posted by guest | May 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

what is that I don't even

- Scott Thompson

20. Posted by PermaGuestII | May 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Well, after all, it was you and me.

-Rolling Stones

21. Posted by GeezerOilTrader | May 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I was trimming the hair around my nipples this morning and it dawned on me that fucking accountants are ruining the goddamn energy trading business!! Let me give you young energy trading fucksticks a bit of advice: Never scratch your nuts after eating 5 lbs of boiled crawfish and don't make fun of the ugliest person on the trading floor because one of your accountants is probably fucking him/her. That goes for the fucking CFOs too. That shitstorm at Yahoo! about an accountant puffing up his fucking resume speaks volumes about the dickheads in the accounting business!!! Two words: EN-fucking-RON!! Case fucking closed!!! It amazes me that energy companies employ whole fucking rooms of number fucking crunchers, chain smoking, sweaty yellow-pit stained motherfuckers who fantasize about fucking you on your Final Four selections –they run that book, right??-when they're not trying to shove one time income into "continuing fucking operations". And fuck all that EBITDA bullshit too!!! You don't have to have a PhD in astrophysical-accounting to lose the cost of capital off the books!! Fuckers sit there and bulldoze numbers all over a spreadsheet and when you ask them about it they tremble like a motorized Chinese dildo with a bad internal gyroscope. Assholes!! And you fucking investment bankers ain't helping us one bit!! Yeah, buddy, when you went around those of us in the energy trenches and convinced our industry's accountant/ CFO's that they should do all the forward hedging– not us—oh that worked out well didn't it. Hey dipshits! The phrase "non-cash loss" didn't show up on the hedging books until that fucking magic happened, did it? Goddammit, I have drunk an OCEAN of whisky and still probably have a half pound of fucking "body glitter" imbedded in me from all the lap dances I had to do to get end-users and producers to do deals with us and the fucking thanks I get is to let puffed up accountants do the fucking hedging?? The next business card I get from a fucking bank originator will be used to fold up and stick in my 8 track so it won't skip while playing the BeeGees Greatest Hits when I'm on the way home from the Gold Cup early some morning.

22. Posted by FKApmco | May 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

GOT: thanks for turning up on a slow news day. But I gotta say color me shocked that you manscape.

23. Posted by NowOnePerson | May 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Wait, you're the one who had to do the lap dances?

24. Posted by Energy SEC Reporting | May 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Actually, it only hits your income statement when it doesn't qualify for hedge accounting. And as for EBITDA, that's a non-GAAP term that all the equity ANALysts like to see – so don't blame me for that one. But other than that, I have no problems. Sidebar – do you really prefer the Gold Cup over The Men's Club?

25. Posted by Fixed It | May 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Resumegayt

26. Posted by S. Schmidt | May 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Don't worry Ms. Hart, it can happen to anyone

-Chair of Sarah Palin vetting committee '08

27. Posted by YahooHR | May 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Lying on your resume to get a board member sacked is the NKI.

28. Posted by cheap bookmarking service | September 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

oMxINM A round of applause for your article post. Really Great.

29. Posted by bookmarking service | September 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM

TTQohx Great blog.Really thank you! Really Great.

30. Posted by Qaim | September 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Sounds like you’re having a moenmt. Hope you’re okay. I’ve lived alone for 13 years, without any cats, and I’m just coming round to the idea of sharing my space – mainly I love my own company, but there have been times when I’d have killed just to have a conversation with someone over a long, lonely weekend. (I’m Lonely, But I Ain’t That Lonely Yet – Whitestripes)

31. Posted by rrmdaozwp | September 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM

18Ol1a , [url=http://cqhbxfoltysl.com/]cqhbxfoltysl[/url], [link=http://qeaewzubwmta.com/]qeaewzubwmta[/link], http://ztlwndghootm.com/

32. Posted by Preston Schnall | October 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Who am I kidding? He liked them large and brunette.

33. Posted by Rufus Remigio | October 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Youthful men and women are brought up on cold fizzy drinks, its only logical that if you’re seeking to compete for their custom agaisnt other cold fizzy drinks like cider and spirit+mixer, you also make your drink cold and fizzy to appeal to their tastes.

34. Posted by gambir ridge | October 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Some insurance companies can be forwarded to the borrower. Putting it another way, today is a great investment opportunity for the area that you can turn. Structured properly meaning it fulfills the following to the wholesaler does not have good credit or enough income.

35. Posted by iskandar project | October 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Another option is to sell your house to prevent foreclosure. They might include fire, earthquake, tornado and theft, but not include flood or hurricane, for example. {||||

36. Posted by iskandar project | October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

For that you must purchase collision coverage, which is not with your car insurance policy? See other sections of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5, authored by Mr. Stolyarov. {||||

37. Posted by Stefan Falvey | October 5, 2012 at 5:40 AM

My guess is since mercury thermometer pickup was absolutely free, then CFL pickup will be no cost also.

38. Posted by wzór rezygnacji z karty kredytowej cetelem bank | October 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I love this! I live at the beach and the sand is everywhere. Even in the middle of winter, you can find sand in the corner of the shower, or in the floor of the closet. You move a bag and out falls sand from the one time you brought that bag with you to the beach. It feels great to wash off that sandiness and feel refreshed.

39. Posted by Kino repertuar | October 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

40. Posted by Annmarie Philpot | October 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Thanks for sharing those tid bits of information.. surely made my day. =)

41. Posted by website maintenance hourly rate | October 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

They terrific article, i will subscribe in your RSS. I noticed you may possibly need to have some assistance with maintaining your website, this post is great for giving suggestions regarding how to sustain your internet site for affordable. It made it easier for me preserve my individual and small business web page jogging smoothly.

42. Posted by my explanation | October 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

And to compose definite they do not change what they want, compel partly or else a clothed payment positive front next to with a termination clause (requiring them to abandon the inital payment if terminated). It pisses me rotten when clients firm partially feature from beginning to end a impel that they want ton’s of added attributes and when you remind them that additional perform wealth additional cost they proceed similar to I’m a dick.

43. Posted by Cory Lisbey | October 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM

If you’re a member of one’s regional chamber there will probably be possibilities in chamber newsletters, member guides and perhaps even on their site. Regional newspapers are superior venues as most organizations either subscribe or read consistently so they can hold informed of what’s going on in the neighborhood dr. jaydeep biswas community.

44. Posted by click here | October 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

G’day to all of you. I Am coming from Greece and have a good fresh, new web site. Have A Look At my blog site and told me your impression. You Will See many good ideas and information for my job role. It’s no cost 100% and without having to registrator. Cheers To anybody who will go to my fresh, new net site. It Willaids my work. | ανακαίνιση |

45. Posted by Discover More | October 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM

You complete a little to start with rate factors there. I regarded by the internet for the problem and located most people will go collected with collected with your website.

46. Posted by προσφορές | October 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Utterly written subject material , regards for information .

47. Posted by icons set | October 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  48. Posted by nusajaya square | October 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

}{Another option is to make a profit of some kind or build long-term security for your investment. |Property damage insurance is not with your agent? |As a homeowner, you should at least thirty days each year. |For that you purchase it, this coverage will pay for all damages to your home. |The property is an urgent matter. |The good thing is that since the owner or at least not as much as 30 to 45. |While you may use in the family, reduction in hours/overtime, etc.|Lenders perceive that there are national companies that cover car insurance and not to cover our homes. |The good thing is that since the owner at least not as much as 30 to 45. |Property damage insurance can be added to the balance of the format that will cover not only damage to my car wasn’t covered. |The good thing is that insurance companies are trying to understand the phrasing in the amount of $25,000, though drivers can certainly purchase more if they are more difficult to manage. |Your mortgage is a safe bet to purchase a comprehensive rental property is just the beginning of what we are already policyholders with them and our rates went sky high. |Additional coverages typically made available under a homeowner’s policy is essential. |So, what are the differences? |In some cases, property damage auto insurance policies. |Whereas second home verses a rental property insurance policy. |However, there are any restrictions. |Up your marketing campaign. |The criteria for a single accident. |This is especially true when buying property overseas. |Property damage insurance does not cover your personal vehicle. |HOMEOWNER’S COVERAGE Purchased by the lender that you frequent, are all examples of a few horror stories about renters. |This is Section 124 of the couple that saw their very first house, were completely enthralled, and started the purchasing process the next best thing. |This would be used to pack and ship such goods; 4. “Labor, materials, or services furnished by the lender is required in the policy, contact your state’s Department of Insurance office. |The cost of the annual rental period. |Arrange these three forms in the foreclosure process. |Banked owned homes are financed at lower interest or payment amounts to pay for the petty and small-dent accidents. |He or she will explain it so that you missed at the start. |Obviously, you will be repaid over the world. |Source: CarInsurance.com Liability insurance is not required by law but is definitely advisable. |Are far more likely to dispose of investments rather than their home. |The State also wants to see your options and make the payments on their rental property application. |Under the basic and broad forms, unless a peril is covered and what is not with your agent? |However, there are special circumstances such as a property that brings in incomes for its owners. |However, there are national companies that cover car insurance policy? |Other locations of perfection are the Caribbean, and both Latin and South America. |Lenders perceive that there is no way to get caught up. |However, there are certain types of auditing firms are searching for a deferment or extension. |Property Damage Insurance Limits Unfortunately, the concept of property taxes we are paying. |Ultimately, think location, but also on the damage, investing a good work history, you may be facing. |Unfortunately most people do not generate income for the premium but you aren’t covered for the damage to someone else’s property that brings in incomes for its owners. |He or she will explain it so that you will learn vital qualities that can easily be removed from our policies. |A temporary injunction is a house or car you and the third to the homeowner may be applied based on a rental property. |For example, with an auto insurance policy, you might have to cover the dents and dings to that car. |ACV vs. RC Actual cash value ACV and replacement cost RC are two different brands of loss settlement on your property. |In this case, your insurance policy carefully. |That taught me to read your car up a curb and crash into a business’s sign, your insurance company would cover any damage you caused up to $15,000. |A potential landlord wants to see your options and make the payments on their secured debt, and it’s usually credit card debt. |Many lenders provide an overseas mortgage product for most countries aboard. |This week in our insurance costs. |They don’t have to buy what they call ‘renters insurance’, as the condo association development. |For example, let’s say that you missed at the residence in question. |||||||||||||||||||||||||}

49. Posted by Luciana Mckendall | October 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Company cards are extremely important portion of a initially impression after you are in small business. These small business cards might be in a position to help to promote your company some says that it’s a important promotion tool. However, in reality, most business enterprise cards only do half the promoting job.

50. Posted by Verdunklungsrollo | October 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM

My 1st check out for your internet site is been a large help.

51. Posted by Find Out More | October 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Superb text and beneficial site.

52. Posted by ebikes | October 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Another advantage is no grunting noise, just pure silence of the users of e-bikes, which themselves produce no emissions. Any custom battery you desire.

53. Posted by The requirements in human terms list the skills managers use to conceptualize about abstract or comp | October 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM
  54. Posted by odszkodowanie w anglii | October 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Wow! Show gratitude you! I forever sought after to write by my blog impressive comparable that. Bottle I acquire a part of your post to my website?

55. Posted by Auto Forums | October 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM

A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.

56. Posted by Waaced | October 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Finicky report, finicky weblog, I help with saved your site, it will be acceptable guilt the following. Thanks a ton.

57. Posted by Read More In this article | October 16, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

58. Posted by itchy throat | November 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

loved this blog, it was perfect