"jokes"

Investors gave Bernie Madoff money because they trusted him. They gave Sam Israel money because they liked him—a gregarious, disarming goofball who, as a Wall Street apprentice, had invented an alter ego he called Captain Proton, a fearless superhero whose special powers were granted by vodka and cocaine. Now in his forties, he lived in a Westchester mansion, rented from Donald Trump for $22,000 a month, with an adjacent chapel in which he had built a replica of the Bayou trading floor alongside an 800-­gallon saltwater fish tank and a menagerie of rare reptiles. He’d also installed a high-end studio for jam sessions, where he’d play with the Allman Brothers’ drummer when the band was in town. He owned a fleet of Porsches and signed personal checks printed with the image of SpongeBob SquarePants…Once he’d welcomed his family home from a short trip standing in the driveway wearing cowboy boots, his wife’s bikini underwear, a lacrosse helmet, swim goggles, a life jacket, and a cape, then started screaming at his wife when she didn’t get the joke. [NYM, related]

29 comments

29 Responses to “Claim: Sam Israel’s Investors Gave Him Money Because They Liked Animal-Loving Cokeheads Who Looked Good In Women’s Underwear And Cowboy Boots”

1. el guesto says:

I'd invest with that guy… where do I sign up?

2. guest says:

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

3. A Family Guy says:

She just doesn't get it.

4. NakedShort says:

being a drunk, coked up weirdo is painless

5. ILoveLamp says:

Gotta be one of the newish Allman Brothers drummers, maybe the Cuban guy who plays the congas and timbales. No way Butch Trucks gets within 10 miles of this douche.

• Pietro_F says:

Because the Allman Bros were well known for avoiding booze and drugs.

• Im_a_Dude says:

and women's bikini underwear

• ILoveLamp says:

That was a long time ago, back when this "gregarious, disarming goofball" was busy not getting picked for dodge-ball. What are you saying? Are you suggesting that Greg and crew are no longer clean and sober?

6. guest says:

I guess that is easier than being good at your job

7. dorriansgakquant says:

so Sam Israel= diaper boy from the UES of the 90's?

8. VonSloneker says:

…and I can't raise $100MM to launch. Time to start wearing my boots, the wife's underwear and my old lax gear.

– Lucchese, La Perla & Brine LP

9. Jim Lebanon says:

Never liked this guy much.

10. Guest says:

He kinda looks like Captain Underpants… I think I know where he gets his material now.

11. sascha says:

MKT WIZ?

12. Tanker2Banker says:

"standing in the driveway wearing cowboy boots, his wife’s bikini underwear, a lacrosse helmet, swim goggles, a life jacket, and a cape"

Of course his wife didn't get it. Cowboy boots were SO last year…

13. guesti says:

I have no concerns.

14. Guesticle says:

Welcoming your family home wearing cowboy boots, your wife’s bikini underwear, a lacrosse helmet, swim goggles, a life jacket, and a cape is the NKI.

15. guest says:

Does anyone remember who was his first wall street mentor?Hint initials FJG former Lehman trader no longer with us.

16. Murat says:

I use technology to keep me stighart. (What did you expect?) I currently have a Palm Treo smartphone. Any unusual stuff (and most of everything else) goes into either the calendar or the To Do list. I sync it with Entourage on my Mac daily, which is automatically backed up through Time Machine to a 1TB hard drive and Carbonite online.When I get home in the evenings, I go through the lists and make sure I take care of as much as I can.I check the lists every day, first thing after I do my Yoga.By doing these things, I keep my clients’ needs on my mind as I go about my day.

17. mwnwqcjuz says:

Jd3nI7 , [url=http://plcvyodujlsk.com/]plcvyodujlsk[/url], [link=http://haaabookrnom.com/]haaabookrnom[/link], http://xluigtayothu.com/

18. Hi! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

19. I savor, cause I found just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

20. Thanks for these guidelines. One thing I also believe is credit cards giving a 0% apr often attract consumers with zero rate of interest, instant authorization and easy on the web balance transfers, but beware of the number one factor that will void your own 0% easy streets annual percentage rate and also throw one out into the bad house rapid.

21. oogjng says:

TdtyE3 jvgdoguwrnjs, [url=http://rkdwprrrvzbp.com/]rkdwprrrvzbp[/url], [link=http://vlwpgppswryj.com/]vlwpgppswryj[/link], http://wjnzphebpkod.com/