Earlier today, Bloomberg ran a lengthy piece about the latest crisis on Wall Street: a lack of Jamie Dimon. Specifically, a lack of Jamie Dimon telling meddlesome regulators, anti-industry populists, know-nothing Congressmen, and hypocrite bastard newspapers where they can go and what they can suck. True, it’s not as though he’s gone anywhere, and he’s still reminding people “it’s a free fucking country” but “juggling multiple investigations and a $5.8 billion trading loss on wrong-way bets on credit derivatives” has left his hands a little tied and, some believe, cost him his once untouchable “stature” in the industry.

And while one should never simply offer problems without solutions, Bloomberg isn’t gonna sugarcoat this one: when it comes to “any kind of credible statesmen” to step in for JD, Wall Street is shit out of luck and not just because no one besides Lloyd came close in sales of their respective Bankers At Work And Play pin-up calendars. Among current CEO’s, Lloyd Blankfein, Brian Moynihan and Vikram Pandit are deemed too busy “fixing their own firms or repairing their reputations,” while Wells Fargo chief John Stumpf, though respected among his peers, is ruled out due to geography (“Part of Jamie’s fitting into that role was his natural brashness as a Wall Streeter and New Yorker, and that is not John”).

But hey, what about that James Gorman guy? Runs Morgan Stanley, is based in New York, has been known to put a foot up an ass when necessary? Don’t even get Bloomberg started.

James Gorman, 54…doesn’t fit the Wall Street titan stereotype. The Australian prefers a rumpled tuxedo he bought as a business school student in 1980 to Armani for black- tie events, and he stocks Vegemite in the executive kitchen.

Or maybe perhaps all that makes him perfect for the gig? The way we see it, Jim Gorman doesn’t have the time or patience for fancy extras like unwrinkled suits and burgers made from foie gras-fed cows. All he cares about is not taking shit, or prisoners. Someone asks him, “What is this Vegemite stuff,” he knocks their two front teeth out. You suggest maybe he could have ironed his shirt before that gala, he takes out that iron and smashes you in the face with it. You want a worthy successor for the job, you’ve got him.

Wall Street Leaderless In Rules Fight As Dimon Diminished [Bloomberg]

1. Posted by Charlie Gasparino | August 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Bloomberg obviously does not know the same Jim Gorman I know..

2. Posted by Dr. Gorvil | August 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Love the "maybe the two of us working together at full capacity could do the job of one Jamie Dimon" because that's just what I was thinking, perhaps I need a clone. Hopefully this will workout better than the frigging ill tempered bond trading Tilapia with pen knives on their heads.

3. Posted by E. Texas Gas Trader | August 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My daddy always tole me that there is a "stature" of a Confederate soldier in just about every county seat in Deep East Texas.

4. Posted by bandersnatch | August 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Gorman to WS CEOs: Harden the fuck up!

5. Posted by guest | August 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM

First it's vegemite in the executive kitchen, then talk of Anzac day being observed…wallabies in the copy room. I'm gone for one year…

– J Mack

6. Posted by Lowly Assistant | August 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM

This Bloomberg guy is so fucking opinionated. Maybe focus more on your war against sodas and stop-and-frisk programs instead of getting on your soap-box and nit-picking possible Wall St. spokespersons. I'm sick of this guy.

-LEH Quant

7. Posted by Saville Row | August 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Booby Geezer has time on his hands and has a proven track record for novel methods of increasing bank ROI

8. Posted by The Sword | August 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Gorman??? Jimmy to the G? Are you serious, Bess????!!!!

The guy is an overpaid, under-performing CEO who can't even handle a friggin IPO….LOSER!

9. Posted by Guest | August 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I can't get behind the guy with the whole Vegemite thing going on, but if he switched to Nutella I could reconsider

– Monti

10. Posted by Gordo | August 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

No Australian can live abroad without Vegemite, we're weened on it since birth

11. Posted by Rosina Rodriquz | October 3, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Pretty plan and sweet shots!

12. Posted by Marshall Maggi | October 5, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I’ve all of that facts about auto transmission 4L60,6L80,6T70 guides manual of diagnosing and how it is effective

13. Posted by bathroom furniture direct discount codes | October 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I was wondering need to you ever regarded as changing the layout of one’s respective website? Its quite properly created; I truly like what youve got to say. But possibly you may a little far more within the way of written subject material so men and women could connect with it better. Youve attained an terrible lot of text for only having one or two pictures. Possibly you might room it out better?

14. Posted by konto walutowe w alior banku | October 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

On a flight to Ireland my Mum, sister and I scored the aisle right in the middle of the plane the section where there is a whole metre or so of leg room where the door is. Unfortunately you have to be over sixteen to sit in those seats (?!) so we were moved and had to watch the people whose places we had taken sidle smugly up to the front towards that leg-room mecca. Still, it was an extremely awesome flight for about five minutes!

15. Posted by distill alcohol | October 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I’m still learning from you, but I’m improving myself. I absolutely liked reading everything that is written on your site.Keep the aarticles coming. I liked it!

16. Posted by cable tv Mesa | October 7, 2012 at 6:24 AM

SO great! thanks a great deal, jennifer, and fantastic luck!

17. Posted by dsl Tucson | October 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

So glad the Muse has errupted yet again!!

18. Posted by fast internet Tempe | October 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

o k,we definetly need a time machine NOW!!

19. Posted by fast internet Tempe | October 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM

This claims A lot!!! And exactly how lucky you might be to possess an abundance for the husband to select and existing to you!

20. Posted by cable internet Tucson | October 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Romney campaign lifeless. Might be depicted with hologram now.

21. Posted by electric bicycle | October 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

From the perspective of the reasons they designed and built their scooter. Hundred pounds for distances between 10 and 30 miles between recharges.

22. Posted by personal loan | October 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Start with current lenders that make SBA personal loanss make Express personal loanss. Proof that the principle is a trick payday personal loans that does not require the borrower should only borrow money or secure further credit. A small personal loans can turn into a huge expense if you can obtain a payment that they still are unable to handle.

23. Posted by internet and phone Surprise | October 10, 2012 at 3:13 AM

This bloke can pilot my airplane anytime he wants.

24. Posted by Cox Mesa | October 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I used to be born in 1941,and as a child I used to be taken to Frascati, so it existed some time just after the stop of the war. My mothers and fathers and their friends utilized to go there at least after a yr. I could not recall exactly exactly where it was, and I am so glad to track it down. I might like to know when it closed.br /Thank you!

25. Posted by cable and internet Scottsdale | October 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

What a great seeking car, awesome position to shell out a sunny Sunday afternoon.

26. Posted by fast internet Phoenix | October 11, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Seriously? People today are offering thumbs down to a thank you?

27. Posted by Dwight Haecker | October 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

28. Posted by richard walker gebo | October 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

When Valentine’s Day, or any getaway rolls about, you might recognize that the worth of flowers jumps a little bit. Despite the fact that the price tag may possibly make you blink it most likely does not gradual you down all that considerably when it arrives to paying out. Right after all, richard walker geboproviding them to a very particular buddy or to a unique event and the extra charges are properly worth the smiles and enjoyment that will most likely end result. But, when you believe about it, refreshing blossoms are a year round adventure that can deliver enjoyment to everybody on each day of the yr. Use a garden box or a backyard plot of land. It’s not also arduous if you go about it in the right fashion and is form of exciting and restful as you go about undertaking it.

29. Posted by Shavonda Brittman | October 13, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I got what you mean , thankyou for putting up.Woh I am thankful to find this website through google. “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up by itself.” by Woodrow Wilson.

30. Posted by wypadek uk | October 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I take pleasure in that which you guys are repeatedly in the lead route very. This form of skillful activate and reporting! Keep the good moving parts guys We have incorporated any person guys to blogroll.

31. Posted by Suggested Looking at | October 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

32. Posted by alcohol distilling | October 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Wonderful work! That is the kind of info that should be shared around the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this publish higher! Come on over and discuss with my website . Thanks =)

33. Posted by Anthony Grauer | October 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

34. Posted by Erwin Fernette | October 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Great post , I am going to spend more time learning about this subject

35. Posted by Hunter Fondaw | October 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I think other web site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and fantastic user genial style and design, let alone the content. You’re an expert in this topic!

36. Posted by Highly recommended Online site | October 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Whats up this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!