On Wednesday, Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced that the asset manager would be constructing a state-of-the-art facility along the Stamford waterfront as part of an economic and community development initiative. As part of the program, which will give the firm as much as $115 million in incentives as part of the deal, Bridgewater has also promised to add another 750 to 1,000 new high-level jobs to its current staff of 1,225…The new offices will have about 750,000 square feet spread across two eco-friendly buildings that will front the water in the Harbor Point development area. Bridgewater has promised to clean up the contaminated site and reforest the area, creating a park-like campus for its employees with public access. “We are pleased that the State of Connecticut shares our vision of creating a state of the art and environmentally sustainable office campus, while also restoring this key piece of natural waterfront property in Stamford,” Greg Jensen, co-chief executive of Bridgewater, said in a statement. “We look forward to transforming this industrial site into a spectacularly beautiful forested campus that will be seamlessly integrated into the natural surroundings. The proposed campus will house all of our employees and be designed to facilitate creativity, collaboration and help reinforce Bridgewater’s distinct culture which has been so instrumental to our success.” [Dealbook]

44 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by derpies | August 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure a real-life bat-cave is getting built.

2. Posted by RichardCripples | August 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Headline 2 years from today: "Bridgewater Associates in Hot Water Over Release of Wild Hyenas and Wildebeests onto Campus."

3. Posted by The_Analyst | August 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Plenty of space for trust falls and other team building exercizes or whatever

4. Posted by guest | August 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hey Ray, if you need any imaginary trees for your new forest give me a call.

- John Paulson

5. Posted by Guest | August 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

They better not bridge over the water.

Lloyd Harbor, New York

6. Posted by Kegels123 | August 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Living in the rain forest while running a hedge fund is the NKI.

7. Posted by Guest | August 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Sounds familiar.

Ghost of Jim Jones

8. Posted by guest | August 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Greg Jensen likes the smell of his own farts.

9. Posted by curious george | August 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

will there be some water and a bridge in this forest?

10. Posted by Guest | August 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

They should merge with UBS and create the world's largest spectacularly beautiful forested trading floor.

11. Posted by Guest | August 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Ray Dalio will rue the day his employees became able to live in the city. Once a sheltered child is exposed to the world, he never comes back to daddy.

12. Posted by Zoroz | August 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Underrated comment

13. Posted by guest | August 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM

sign of a top. they never ring bells at the top but they do build new office buildings

14. Posted by guest | August 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Er, do you really think there's much of a difference between working in Westport and working in Stamford, with regard to living in NYC or not?

15. Posted by guest | August 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

dare I say that Stamford is rebounding?

16. Posted by Guest | August 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM

What they don't tell you, is 900 of those 1000 people will be looking for a new job in 18 months. Thanks again Malloy!

17. Posted by Jim Jones | August 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Shit, if I'd known I could have gotten subsidies it all would have turned out differently

18. Posted by Nick Lachey | August 16, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I have a bad feeling about this.

- Alan Parrish, Jumanji

19. Posted by @eiddyman | August 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Bingo. That's a lot of square footage for 1200 people. Even with all the gear.

20. Posted by Guest | August 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I'm not really passionate about macroeconomics or real estate development but this sure feels like a big project and a shit load of space for a firm that is a basically cult of personality.

Ben "Muffin Man" Gifford

21. Posted by @JaeStClair | August 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

'The new offices will have about 750,000 square feet spread across two eco-friendly buildings that will front the water in the Harbor Point development area."………………that's a heck of a lot of land (grab) for such an entity…..must be nice to be such an entity and have the governor give it in such a way…….

22. Posted by Guest | August 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

UBS needs to merge with a forest to survive.

23. Posted by Ervin Gampp | October 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM

My dad way too had a Hudson. It had been a 53 Hornet 2dr. with twin H strength. He turned me loose at 15 decades outdated on my to start with day. I discovered out I could beat up the Fords V8s and neglect the day and go racing. Its a contemplate I didnt destroy someone or me. I love these cars.and wish I could go to the sale. .

24. Posted by cox internet Mesa | October 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I ponder if Honda and Toyota’s (in truth all Japanese cars) profits will be significantly affected by the many anti-Japanese demonstrations. Probably quite a few car buyers will purchase a Korean, Chinese, American or European car since they could fear their investment may possibly attract unneeded attention. Guess we will find out inside of a calendar year from now. Preserve up the nice function!

25. Posted by Caryl Labounta | October 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM

How do we reach the author of the blog site with regard to the PV Kristine Fairbanks for just a story in our newspaper? She worked and died in our coverage area and we’d like to inform our readers far more concerning this.

26. Posted by Alden Gaddis | October 5, 2012 at 3:15 AM

lol I had been so hoping the shark would jump out of the h2o whenever they all ended up wanting above the boat.

27. Posted by cable tv Mesa | October 7, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Despite the fact that I have found shots, I’ve hardly ever observed 1 in man or woman. Seems like a great notion…very lousy he only sold 12 of these ahead of he went out. Hope he can discover an original.

28. Posted by landline Tempe | October 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM

from past week’s Professional Walk/Pro Bike in Very long Beach. The Bike League declares past week’s Countrywide Women’s Bicycling Summit, part of Pro Walk/Pro Bike, a huge success; they are not the only

29. Posted by fast internet Tempe | October 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

This can be one of my favored color combos! I’ve that sweater, it truly is really from Previous Navy!

30. Posted by fast internet Tempe | October 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Appreciate you sharing, wonderful blog article.Thanks Yet again.

31. Posted by cable internet Tucson | October 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

At this level everything that Obama and Romney does is political. I don’t understand Obama. Does he thinks he will get as many Arab votes as he looses? nBibi’s initial concern is security and would prefer an American administration that took Iran seriously. n nThere are stories planning around that Bibi is interfering with US / Israeli romantic relationship and that this can be hurting him in the home. Reality is always that most Israelis dislike Obama a great deal they might overwhelmingly vote for Bibi if elections ended up held today.

32. Posted by electric bicycle | October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

electric bicycles are genuinely cheaper and efficient. There is no grunting noise, just pure silence of the electric engine!

33. Posted by Yaeko Hendrickson | October 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

So sorry you can pass up the workshop!

34. Posted by loans | October 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Start with current lenders that make SBA personal loanss make Express personal loanss. There are many companies offering these services. A small loans can turn into a huge expense if you can obtain a payment that they still are unable to handle.

35. Posted by Cox Mesa | October 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM

norwegians you necessarily mean…

36. Posted by cable and internet Scottsdale | October 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM

God bless you over you could possibly at any time imagine. You happen to be true witnesses for Christ.

37. Posted by Lentand | October 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I am not an “anti-psychiatrist” yahoo, propounding my views on how to reinvent the social institution of psychiatry. I am an psychiatric abolotionist on many accounts, the most important being the ideologically driven nature of psychiatry, as an endeavor of science to treat the mentally ill individual. In actually, the psychiatric enterprise, in its present, institutional engenderment, is informed by a collectivist-paternalistic approach, one that so often must, perforce, result in the abridgement of civil rights, various means of coercion and, the continued use of various “medical interventions”, many unquestionably dangerous.As I noted above, psychiatry is in its infancy, and as an infant, it can be dominating and demanding. I cannot speak for generations to come, but, I can only hope that those who dared to say that the king wears no cloths, that society will be more the wiser, and that psychiatric “medicine” will truly be a humane enterprise. The shrink does the legislature’s bidding, and vice versa. However, the people are the government, and every man has something to contribute to the maintenance of our institutions, and the course those institutions take.The critique I level against psychiatry is principally a political one. I haven’t the inclination nor the time to dialate on the pseudo-science and its hubristic mission to save man from the eternal darkness of madness. I believe it might be Samuel Johnson, the famous eighteenth century literary critic, who observed that the road to hell was paved with good intentions. I believe psychiatry, a child of the enlightenment, and of science, must repudiate those practices that abridge freedoms and liberty, eschew all forms of coercion and oppression, all in the name of public order and safety (that is the function of our courts and jails).

38. Posted by fast internet Phoenix | October 11, 2012 at 2:36 AM

we have to have a lot more photos everyday,it is also little

39. Posted by Montblanc Starwalker Fountain Pens | October 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I get pleasure from, lead to I found exactly what I was having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

40. Posted by Rusty Hlastala | October 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM

You are my breathing in, I possess few blogs and rarely run out from to brand.

41. Posted by Ulysses Kurzyniec | October 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Great web site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you for your effort!

42. Posted by Trent Gremel | October 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

My wife and i were quite fortunate that Jordan could carry out his homework from your precious recommendations he got by way of your weblog. It really is now and again perplexing just to be giving out key points which often most people may have been selling. We really acknowledge we have the internet site owner to appreciate for that. The specific illustrations you might have made, the straightforward internet site navigation, the friendships you’ll support to create – it’s all incredible, and it’s assisting our son and our family reckon that that content is enjoyable, which is definitely seriously essential. Thank you for all!

43. Posted by solar panels uk | October 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM

If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

44. Posted by purchase video games | October 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Currently it appears like WordPress is the best blogging platform out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?