On Wednesday, Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced that the asset manager would be constructing a state-of-the-art facility along the Stamford waterfront as part of an economic and community development initiative. As part of the program, which will give the firm as much as $115 million in incentives as part of the deal, Bridgewater has also promised to add another 750 to 1,000 new high-level jobs to its current staff of 1,225…The new offices will have about 750,000 square feet spread across two eco-friendly buildings that will front the water in the Harbor Point development area. Bridgewater has promised to clean up the contaminated site and reforest the area, creating a park-like campus for its employees with public access. “We are pleased that the State of Connecticut shares our vision of creating a state of the art and environmentally sustainable office campus, while also restoring this key piece of natural waterfront property in Stamford,” Greg Jensen, co-chief executive of Bridgewater, said in a statement. “We look forward to transforming this industrial site into a spectacularly beautiful forested campus that will be seamlessly integrated into the natural surroundings. The proposed campus will house all of our employees and be designed to facilitate creativity, collaboration and help reinforce Bridgewater’s distinct culture which has been so instrumental to our success.” [Dealbook]

44 Responses to “Bridgewater Associates To Build Magical Forest For Thousands Of Employees To Run Free”

1. derpies says:

I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure a real-life bat-cave is getting built.

2. RichardCripples says:

Headline 2 years from today: "Bridgewater Associates in Hot Water Over Release of Wild Hyenas and Wildebeests onto Campus."

3. The_Analyst says:

Plenty of space for trust falls and other team building exercizes or whatever

4. guest says:

Hey Ray, if you need any imaginary trees for your new forest give me a call.

– John Paulson

5. Guest says:

They better not bridge over the water.

Lloyd Harbor, New York

6. Kegels123 says:

Living in the rain forest while running a hedge fund is the NKI.

7. Guest says:

Sounds familiar.

Ghost of Jim Jones

8. guest says:

Greg Jensen likes the smell of his own farts.

9. curious george says:

will there be some water and a bridge in this forest?

10. Guest says:

They should merge with UBS and create the world's largest spectacularly beautiful forested trading floor.

11. Guest says:

Ray Dalio will rue the day his employees became able to live in the city. Once a sheltered child is exposed to the world, he never comes back to daddy.

12. guest says:

sign of a top. they never ring bells at the top but they do build new office buildings

13. Guest says:

What they don't tell you, is 900 of those 1000 people will be looking for a new job in 18 months. Thanks again Malloy!

14. Jim Jones says:

Shit, if I'd known I could have gotten subsidies it all would have turned out differently

15. Nick Lachey says:

I have a bad feeling about this.

– Alan Parrish, Jumanji

16. Guest says:

I'm not really passionate about macroeconomics or real estate development but this sure feels like a big project and a shit load of space for a firm that is a basically cult of personality.

Ben "Muffin Man" Gifford

17. @JaeStClair says:

'The new offices will have about 750,000 square feet spread across two eco-friendly buildings that will front the water in the Harbor Point development area."………………that's a heck of a lot of land (grab) for such an entity…..must be nice to be such an entity and have the governor give it in such a way…….

18. Ervin Gampp says:

My dad way too had a Hudson. It had been a 53 Hornet 2dr. with twin H strength. He turned me loose at 15 decades outdated on my to start with day. I discovered out I could beat up the Fords V8s and neglect the day and go racing. Its a contemplate I didnt destroy someone or me. I love these cars.and wish I could go to the sale. .

19. I ponder if Honda and Toyota’s (in truth all Japanese cars) profits will be significantly affected by the many anti-Japanese demonstrations. Probably quite a few car buyers will purchase a Korean, Chinese, American or European car since they could fear their investment may possibly attract unneeded attention. Guess we will find out inside of a calendar year from now. Preserve up the nice function!

20. How do we reach the author of the blog site with regard to the PV Kristine Fairbanks for just a story in our newspaper? She worked and died in our coverage area and we’d like to inform our readers far more concerning this.

21. Alden Gaddis says:

lol I had been so hoping the shark would jump out of the h2o whenever they all ended up wanting above the boat.

22. Despite the fact that I have found shots, I’ve hardly ever observed 1 in man or woman. Seems like a great notion…very lousy he only sold 12 of these ahead of he went out. Hope he can discover an original.

23. from past week’s Professional Walk/Pro Bike in Very long Beach. The Bike League declares past week’s Countrywide Women’s Bicycling Summit, part of Pro Walk/Pro Bike, a huge success; they are not the only

24. This can be one of my favored color combos! I’ve that sweater, it truly is really from Previous Navy!

25. Appreciate you sharing, wonderful blog article.Thanks Yet again.

26. At this level everything that Obama and Romney does is political. I don’t understand Obama. Does he thinks he will get as many Arab votes as he looses? nBibi’s initial concern is security and would prefer an American administration that took Iran seriously. n nThere are stories planning around that Bibi is interfering with US / Israeli romantic relationship and that this can be hurting him in the home. Reality is always that most Israelis dislike Obama a great deal they might overwhelmingly vote for Bibi if elections ended up held today.

27. electric bicycles are genuinely cheaper and efficient. There is no grunting noise, just pure silence of the electric engine!

28. So sorry you can pass up the workshop!

29. loans says:

Start with current lenders that make SBA personal loanss make Express personal loanss. There are many companies offering these services. A small loans can turn into a huge expense if you can obtain a payment that they still are unable to handle.

30. Cox Mesa says:

norwegians you necessarily mean…

31. God bless you over you could possibly at any time imagine. You happen to be true witnesses for Christ.

32. Lentand says:

I am not an “anti-psychiatrist” yahoo, propounding my views on how to reinvent the social institution of psychiatry. I am an psychiatric abolotionist on many accounts, the most important being the ideologically driven nature of psychiatry, as an endeavor of science to treat the mentally ill individual. In actually, the psychiatric enterprise, in its present, institutional engenderment, is informed by a collectivist-paternalistic approach, one that so often must, perforce, result in the abridgement of civil rights, various means of coercion and, the continued use of various “medical interventions”, many unquestionably dangerous.As I noted above, psychiatry is in its infancy, and as an infant, it can be dominating and demanding. I cannot speak for generations to come, but, I can only hope that those who dared to say that the king wears no cloths, that society will be more the wiser, and that psychiatric “medicine” will truly be a humane enterprise. The shrink does the legislature’s bidding, and vice versa. However, the people are the government, and every man has something to contribute to the maintenance of our institutions, and the course those institutions take.The critique I level against psychiatry is principally a political one. I haven’t the inclination nor the time to dialate on the pseudo-science and its hubristic mission to save man from the eternal darkness of madness. I believe it might be Samuel Johnson, the famous eighteenth century literary critic, who observed that the road to hell was paved with good intentions. I believe psychiatry, a child of the enlightenment, and of science, must repudiate those practices that abridge freedoms and liberty, eschew all forms of coercion and oppression, all in the name of public order and safety (that is the function of our courts and jails).

33. we have to have a lot more photos everyday,it is also little

34. I get pleasure from, lead to I found exactly what I was having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

35. You are my breathing in, I possess few blogs and rarely run out from to brand.

36. Great web site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you for your effort!

37. Trent Gremel says:

My wife and i were quite fortunate that Jordan could carry out his homework from your precious recommendations he got by way of your weblog. It really is now and again perplexing just to be giving out key points which often most people may have been selling. We really acknowledge we have the internet site owner to appreciate for that. The specific illustrations you might have made, the straightforward internet site navigation, the friendships you’ll support to create – it’s all incredible, and it’s assisting our son and our family reckon that that content is enjoyable, which is definitely seriously essential. Thank you for all!

38. If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

39. Currently it appears like WordPress is the best blogging platform out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?