Hedge Funds

Once Paulson And Co’s Investments Go Up Instead Of Down They’ll Be All Set

Some of the questions focused on Mr. Paulson’s flagship fund’s performance, which he admitted was disappointing, though the tone of the call wasn’t “agitated or aggressive, even though some people were frustrated,” said a person familiar with the discussion. One person asked Mr. Paulson for a timeline of how long it would take to turn things around. He declined to specify a timeline, but said his objective was to win back the losses the fund had suffered. Mr. Paulson said the fund didn’t need a broad market rally. Instead, he noted, some specific investments would need to perform better.  [WSJ, related]

22 comments

22 Responses to “Once Paulson And Co’s Investments Go Up Instead Of Down They’ll Be All Set”

1. VonSloneker says:

Mr. Paulson said the fund didn't need a broad market rally. Instead he noted that a focused rally in the fake tree market would really help…

– The Ghost of Sino-Forest

2. Guest says:

I also suggest making a second list of all of your clients' money, in case something happens to the first list.

– Chairman Moorhead Securities

3. Cubs Fan says:

We too are waiting for hell to freeze over.

4. Mexi_Cant says:

The "some" investments argument doesn't work when over 1/3 of your assets are in gold.

5. 2 cubes over says:

there's always money in the banana stand.

6. 2ndYearSummer says:

Watching Paulson's fund perform over the past few years has been like watching a child star try to adapt to adult life.

7. P. Falcone says:

Finally, a guy who gets it.

8. guest says:

So basically hoping for a 45%+ return on gold? Good luck with that.

9. oki says:

“He declined to specify a timeline, but said his objective was to win back the losses the fund had suffered”

glad he cleared that up.

10. E. Cartman says:

I says to him, "Hey, we should put it all on 7. She's got a great break, and she's strong in the stretch." He ignores me, as usual. But you don't hear me complaining, so long as my checks keep clearing.

– Paulson & Co. Greyhound Quant

• PermaGuestII says:

"Put it all on 7" = put a $5.00 bet on 7 because anything bigger moves the odds and makes the other track patrons… irritated.

-guy who discovered this at the greyhound track in West Memphis, Arkansas.

11. 25thHourTrader says:

"One person asked Mr. Paulson for a timeline of how long it would take to turn things around"

He doesn't know but we do.

-D.E. Shaw CMG quants

12. DingALing says:

"Look guys, once things work in my favor, I'll be doing good"

-Every fucking investor

13. Aging HF says:

Look, as a fund ages …matures really. therea are performance issues sometimes…

This is to be expected

14. Funskip says:

Muchos Gracias for your article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.

15. em3d51 I really liked your blog article.

16. Mr Meehan your 1967 Camaro is AWESOME Good Tale! It brings back again allot of reminiscences. I used to be five ages aged at the time but I’ll never fail to remember, It had been so cool: my dad bringing dwelling a 1968 Camaro, My mom within the other hand was not so delighted. With four kids in the home my mom was hoping a lot more along the lines of a station wagon. We had that Camaro till I used to be in substantial university, l Liked that car…all us kids crammed from the back again, Superior recollections. And by way, nice editing HemmingsTV I enjoyed this tale.

17. FOLLOW G STREET CHRONICLES, THE LEADER IN URBAN PUBLISHING! http://WWW.GSTREETCHRONICLES.COM