- 18 Oct 2012 at 7:54 PM
Mr. Smith outlines moments when he came into close contact with Goldman’s chairman and chief executive, according to pages reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. Mr. Smith tells of one near-encounter when he saw Mr. Blankfein, sans clothes, after taking a shower at the gym. Mr. Blankfein was “air-drying,” Mr. Smith writes, something Mr. Smith took not as a display of power but as something men of an older generation tend to do. Another up-close-and-personal moment with the big boss came when Mr. Blankfein and Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chief Executive Warren Buffett walked through the Goldman trading floor the day after Mr. Buffett’s $5 billion investment as Goldman was reeling in 2008. In the book, Mr. Smith says he had a co-worker snap a photo as he stood near Mr. Buffett.
Greg Smith: I Saw Blankfein Naked [Deal Journal]
- Area Man Recounts Brush With Greatness October 18, 2012
- Investment Bank League Tables: Bangability Edition July 31, 2014
- Things Are Itchy At Deutsche Bank July 31, 2014
- Bill Ackman Is Sorry You Got Your Hopes Up July 31, 2014
- Broker Junkets Are Back (But Only 70% As Drunk) July 30, 2014
- Two-Letter App Will Not Have Four-Letter App Making A Mockery Of Its Business Model! July 31, 2014
- Morgan Stanley Has A Treat For Senior Junior Bankers July 29, 2014
- Clawback Watch '22: Britain's Banks July 31, 2014
- S&P Is Going To Go Ahead And Call This A "Selective Default" For Argentina July 30, 2014
- Argentina Decides Talking To Paul Singer Maybe Not Worse Than Defaulting At Midnight July 30, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com