Bonus Watch ’12: Now With Less Cash

According to “revenue compensation trends,” though good vibes and happy thoughts could prove them wrong.

Wall Street’s cash bonus pool is likely to fall for a second straight year as the financial industry grapples with market turmoil, economic weakness and new rules, New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said. Revenue and compensation trends have “edged downward” since February, when DiNapoli estimated that the 2011 pool for Wall Street declined by 13.5 percent to $19.7 billion, the comptroller said today in a report. “Based on those trends, the total cash bonus pool for work performed in 2012 is likely to decline for a second year in a row,” DiNapoli said in a statement. The last time the pool shrank for two consecutive years was in 2007 and 2008, at the beginning of the global financial crisis, according to the comptroller’s office.

Wall Street Bonus Pool Seen Shrinking for Second Straight Year [Bloomberg]

12 Responses to “Bonus Watch ’12: Now With Less Cash”

1. A Male says:

I was in a pool!

A. Vandelay, Shrinkage Quant

2. Wall St. Dude says:

Is this genius adjusting for the contraction in financial services workforce?

3. GUESTAPO says:

But enjoy this jelly of the month club membership! It is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

• Clark says:

that it is, edward

• Clark, take two says:

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned bonus season preview. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm compensation emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest payday since Ben Bernanke tap-danced with Jimmy fucking Cayne. And when Lloyd squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

4. Guest says:

Was that picture really necessary? Crying, sure. But a flip phone!?!?!….. Never.

5. Jerkoff says:

They hafta pay large bonuses.. I mean. The talent. How can they retain the talent. Theyre so talented. And add so much economic value

6. I personally use them this system typically. I spend time gucci dog tags.

7. I often tried this device after we visited typically the Improv. I got positioning our lower limb using the clubhouse from the chair I got located on as well as didn’t realize I got warming up some of the sequins, I got unhappy when it comes to myself personally. I wish gucci 4600 knee length.