JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon said his company has lost up to $10 billion as a result of the government asking him to buy teetering Wall Street firm Bear Stearns during the financial crisis. “Someone said the Fed did us a favor to finance some of this or something like that. No no no. We did them a favor,” Dimon said, speaking at a Council on Foreign Relations event. “I’m going to say we’ve lost $5 billion to $10 billion on various things related to Bear Stearns now. And yes, I put it in the unfair category,” the CEO added. [CNBC]

19 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Guy with A.D.D. | October 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Jamie,

You should've bought MY company instead. You'd still be reaping the rewards

- Angelo Mozillo

2. Posted by guest | October 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Says the guy who quintupled his equity purchase price post-signing, just because.

3. Posted by Guest | October 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Still beats 0.

- Lehman Risk Quant

4. Posted by Guest | October 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I have always been a big fan of Sarah Mclachlan's earlier works.

5. Posted by guest | October 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

the one time the Bros didn't win

-D. Fuld

6. Posted by Jermey Grey | October 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

You just did it to hang that big ass monster.com banner on your building.

7. Posted by güest | October 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Firefox?

- Clueless

8. Posted by Guest | October 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I need an explanation on the first tag.

-Man who would say he's not ashamed to ask, but know that would be a lie

9. Posted by no_especifica | October 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Humor Quant, please help explain this one to me!

10. Posted by no_especifica | October 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Alba T. Roses was a famous strangler who targeted women and bank executives. Psychiatrists say he had latent anger at his mom for leaving an "s" off his last name when completing his application for a birth certificate.

11. Posted by pmco | October 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

What if I offer to take care of his laundry for a full month? Would that be enough?

12. Posted by Guestido | October 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I won

- D. Einhorn

13. Posted by Stevie Boy | October 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Yeah, we lost a shit ton of money on that acquisition. Thanks Bear.

- L. Whale

14. Posted by Tony | October 11, 2012 at 6:27 AM

LOL

15. Posted by Click Here | October 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

16. Posted by Louise Rene's cheapest market | October 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and internet and this is actually annoying. A good site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this website, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.

17. Posted by gucci hobo bags sales | October 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I often tried this strategy after we went to this Enhanc. I had been positioning my favorite base within nightclub for the stool I had been sitting on plus had no idea I had been folding a lot of the sequins, I had been let down found in ourselves. I wish gucci 4600 knee level.

18. Posted by go here | December 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Amazing how the one time the Bros didn't win

19. Posted by lexia 3 | February 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Auto Locksmith unlocking tools are very useful when you have trouble with your car lock.csh