Morgan Stanley Executive Pretty Pleased To Have Stabbing Charges Dropped

The criminal case against a former Morgan Stanley executive charged with stabbing a cab driver following a fare dispute was dropped Monday after a Connecticut state’s attorney revealed that the driver never turned the knife over to police. The driver, Mohamed Ammar, “had the knife the whole time,” said supervisory assistant state’s attorney Steven Weiss. “He had ample opportunity to tell police and he didn’t do that.” […] Weiss emphasized that Jennings didn’t immediately call police and described him as uncooperative. But he said Ammar couldn’t adequately explain why he never gave the knife to investigators, even after an interview and a search of his cab. “I simply can’t go forward when I have a witness who didn’t cooperate with police,” Weiss said of Ammar. Jennings attended the brief hearing and thanked his family and attorney. “Obviously it feels good,” he said outside court. [WSJ, earlier]

42 Responses to “Morgan Stanley Executive Pretty Pleased To Have Stabbing Charges Dropped”

1. Sean says:

Cutting cabbies and slashing FI employees…..thats what MS DOES!

2. wildebeest says:

that's the face of a cabbie stabber happy to be able to stab cabbies again

3. Laxbro says:

I wish I could stab the piece of shit cabbie who jacked my iPhone 5 on Saturday.

• your cabbie says:

meet me at minetta's. bring the charger cable and the box if you still have it so I know its you.

• SellTheBorrow says:

iPhone 5 falling out of your pocket in the back of a cab and being to drunk to realize it ≠ being jacked

• Laxbro says:

Noticed a light pocket IMMEDIATELY and told him to stop — which illustrates to a crooked cabbie that you left something of value in his car. I chased a bit, but I'm not in D1 lax shape at the moment — at best D2 walk on. He glanced back and sped off. He powered off my iPhone 5 in 30 seconds. Not his first rodeo.

• Guest says:

He's probably banging all the ho's in your contacts right now.

• Gozer says:

How are you going to get N'08's number now?

• NowOnePerson says:

You know those numbers/letters on top of the cab that light up? You know those are unique to each cab? And they can be used to find things that you leave in cabs?

What's my point? I'm glad you lost your phone, shitnik.

• Laxbro says:

Come clean and give up a new $500+ phone or say my next passengers must have picked it up. Decisions, decisions..

-Cab driver's conscience

• DontFeelBad4U says:

He probably tried using iphone 5 maps to get to his next fare, ended up in Newark and got stabbed. Give an immigrant a break.

• Medallion says:

Have you ever tried to call the TLC with a cab number to get something back you left in a cab? No, you have not. FYI – it's a neat idea, but doesn't actually work in real life.

• Hey19 says:

Its worked for me. And I have heard many stories about it working. Tip them 40USD as is customary, and everyone is happy.

• PermaGuestII says:

Depends on the driver. Once left a briefcase in the back of a cab (hammered after a dinner)– cabbie found my business cards in it and dropped it off at the bank's security desk.

• Breaking News says:

Cabbie storms back from 120 points down to beat N'08 in Words With Friends

• guest says:

"iPhone 5 falling out of your pocket in the back of a cab and being to drunk to realize it"

Asked everyone from my department and we all agree it's larceny.

-USB Legal Team

• Guest says:

I'm trying to figure out if all the upvotes here are sympathy for Laxbro or respect for the cabbie.

4. jennings says:

mack the knife was always my role model..

5. Dateraider says:

Pen knife>chance of payout from stabbing case

6. guest says:

Jennings was really cutting it close with the legal system.

• pazzo83 says:

The state attorney took a stab at formulating a case without the knife, but cut it short after further investigation.

• guest says:

No matter how they sliced and diced the facts, the prosecution just couldn't find a clear-cut way to proceed.

• Jay says:

Not to be overly blunt, but the prosecution could have carved out a case of undue aggression, instead of relying on someone who couldn't stick. Also not sure why they didn't play the race card. Haha, j slash k.

7. Sean says:

Like Bill Shakespeare always said, the Jennings is mightier than the sword.

8. Guest says:

Afterwards, Jennings said "I just want to thank The Lord Jesus for giving me the strength to get through this. Without him none of this would be possible. I am a blessed person. And thanks to my grandma who taught me how to be a man. And to my baby mama, for sticking with me through all of this. And also thanks to Morgan Stanley. You guys are the best. I promise never to stab anyone ever again. I will keep my head down do my best everyday. Peace everyone."

9. Guest says:

If the knife you cannot place, you must drop the case.

10. pazzo83 says:

Jennings was arrested later Monday and charged with assault following a dispute in his cab from the courthouse. The dispute apparently stemmed from the cab driver's inability to accept credit card payments at that time.

• Vidalia Onion VP says:

BREAKING: Area man learns cab drivers, other service industry employees do not accept RSUs as payment for services rendered, goes on pen-knife stabbing spree, pictures at 11.

• Laxbro says:

Shitty tip will follow any cabbie who doesn't take credit. You want me to go out of my way to pay you in cash so you can avoid paying income tax? Fuck yourself

• Guest says:

They also have to pay something like 12% to the card company as well.

• no way it's 12% says:

That sounds a bit high. I'd believe 2-3%, maybe 4% max. But I always leave them extra when using a card. It's usually my corporate card anyway…

11. Guest says:

Well, this one looks like it went better than his last courtroom appearance, which was a monkey of a trial.

12. Ray Lewis says:

WBJ, you have some potential. Props.

13. johnniec says:

If the knife don't fit, you must acquit!