- 03 Oct 2012 at 1:43 PM
Several years back, in response to the news that Ben Bernanke would be reappointed Fed Chairman, Nassim Nicholas Taleb made an announcement that he would be retreating from society. “What I am seeing…is too much for me to bear,” Taleb wrote. “I am not blaming Bernanke (he doesn’t even know he doesn’t understand how things work); it is the Senators appointing him who are totally irresponsible…I need to withdraw as immediately as possible into the Platonic quiet of my library, work on my next book, find solace in science and philosophy, and mull the next step…I will only (briefly) emerge from my hiatus when the publishers force me to do so upon the publication of the paperback edition of The Black Swan. Bye, Nassim.” NNT reintroduced himself to the world at some point in 2010 or 2011 but now, apparently, he has once again decided to pick up his black swans and leave, as people getting in touch with him to star in their movie, blurb their book, or pick his large and intimidating brain recently learned.
(Please ignore this message if you are a personal friend or engaged in an ongoing
I am currently disengaged from the rest of the world (until November 2012).
I had to stop replying to emails outside of the strictly personal (friends, family, citizens of Amioun, etc.), except for extremely important/urgent matters.
Please note that, except for emergencies & appointments, I reply to mails with an equivalent frequency to that of classical letters.
(REQUESTS: Also note that 1) I no longer do media interviews (except those scheduled by publishers), 2) can no longer endorse books, 3) do not participate in documentary films, 4) will not give lectures in Asia, Australia, and other places entailing severe jetlag, etc.)
I apologize for the inconvenience.
- Nassim Taleb Is On His Second Round Of Self-Imposed Quiet Time October 3, 2012
- Don't Get Caught On "His" Side: A Survival Guide For Pimco Employees March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Bank of America Just Couldn't Let Brian Moynihan Have This One March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: JP Morgan Whistleblowers March 7, 2014
- New Crop Of MBA Candidates Thinking They're Pretty Hot Shit March 6, 2014
- Area Barber Quits Creativity-Stifling Goldman Gig, Enjoys New And Previously Unthinkable Freedom To Cut March 6, 2014
- Opening Bell: 03.07.14 March 7, 2014
- University Of Chicago Economics Department Suddenly Too Good For Fabrice Tourre March 4, 2014
- For Every 10 Times He Calls Employees Stupid Losers, Softbank CEO Offers One Warm Embrace March 7, 2014
- Icahn Enterprises Encourages You To Follow Carl On Facebook March 7, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com