- 03 Oct 2012 at 1:43 PM
Several years back, in response to the news that Ben Bernanke would be reappointed Fed Chairman, Nassim Nicholas Taleb made an announcement that he would be retreating from society. “What I am seeing…is too much for me to bear,” Taleb wrote. “I am not blaming Bernanke (he doesn’t even know he doesn’t understand how things work); it is the Senators appointing him who are totally irresponsible…I need to withdraw as immediately as possible into the Platonic quiet of my library, work on my next book, find solace in science and philosophy, and mull the next step…I will only (briefly) emerge from my hiatus when the publishers force me to do so upon the publication of the paperback edition of The Black Swan. Bye, Nassim.” NNT reintroduced himself to the world at some point in 2010 or 2011 but now, apparently, he has once again decided to pick up his black swans and leave, as people getting in touch with him to star in their movie, blurb their book, or pick his large and intimidating brain recently learned.
(Please ignore this message if you are a personal friend or engaged in an ongoing
I am currently disengaged from the rest of the world (until November 2012).
I had to stop replying to emails outside of the strictly personal (friends, family, citizens of Amioun, etc.), except for extremely important/urgent matters.
Please note that, except for emergencies & appointments, I reply to mails with an equivalent frequency to that of classical letters.
(REQUESTS: Also note that 1) I no longer do media interviews (except those scheduled by publishers), 2) can no longer endorse books, 3) do not participate in documentary films, 4) will not give lectures in Asia, Australia, and other places entailing severe jetlag, etc.)
I apologize for the inconvenience.
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- De Blasio To Dimon: F*ck You And F*ck Your Tax Breaks
- Opening Bell: 10.22.14
- New York Fed Was Told To Look Into London Whale Office In 2009, Decided To Take Long Lunch Instead
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- John Paulson’s Solution To Shire Problem Probably Not Sitting Well With Bill Ackman
- Bar Mitzvah Boy Tim Sykes Resurfaces On Below Deck, Gives Crew Stock Tips
- Goldman Sachs: Sex Discrimination Practices At The Bank Are A Lot More Nuanced Than Ex-Employees Are Making Them Out To Be
- Senate Subcommittee Feasting On Whale Today
- Bob Diamond's Daughter Releases Statement Re: Father's Firing
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com