Jon Corzine, former CEO of MF Global, testifies before the House Agriculture Committee about the bankruptcy of MF Global on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, December 8, 2011. In prepared testimony, Corzine — once US senator, the governor of New Jersey, the head of Goldman Sachs and later MF Global — apologized to investors and claims he cannot account for the loss of “many hundreds of millions of dollars.” “I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date,” he said in the remarks. Around $1.2 billion appears to be missing from the customer accounts of failed US broker, a liquidator of the company has said. AFP PHOTO / Saul LOEB (Photo credit should read SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images)
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Bonus Watch '14: US Bankers
- Opening Bell: 10.29.14
- October Not The Best Of Times For Hedge Funds
- Get Cliff Asness A Job On Madison Avenue
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com